Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Introduce YourselfThu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 amProject: HonorDylan GatesThu Dec 17, 2020 1:45 amDylan GatesJoseph HollandThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amJoseph HollandArthan ArdeleanThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amAthan ArdeleanPROVING GROUND #9 12/4/20: GLADIATOR CONTESTSSat Dec 05, 2020 3:52 amProject: HonorThe Dragon LadySat Dec 05, 2020 3:17 amElena Rodriguez/ TDLChapter 4: All Roads Lead To LegacyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:58 amJames RavenTHE BUTTERFLY EFFECT: RAGNAROKThu Dec 03, 2020 5:54 amKallie ReznikCollateral DamageThu Dec 03, 2020 5:52 amContessa Floran
Top posting users this week
No user
Current Champions

Grand Champion - Dickie Watson

X-Factor Champion - Indy Darling

Warrior Rising Champion - Sarah Roberts

Tag Team Champions - Vacant
Upcoming Shows
Twitter
Affiliates

Go down
Emi Zane
Emi Zane

Bound By Hope Empty Bound By Hope

Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:36 am

“W-Woah, can you wait up?!”

Proving Grounds had gone the way MYOJIN had exactly wanted it to. Not only did he and Zane pass to the semi-finals of the Tag Team Championship tournament, but he had gotten exactly what he was looking for a match against the one man he despised beyond words. The mere mention of his name, even a brief glimpse of his face brought a… determined rage within the Shining Star's heart. Distracting Saint and causing him to lose his match in the main event had only been the start of what MYOJIN planned, he was going to do his best to destroy Saint, to make sure his retirement would be permanent- Ideally, all of these things should have led to a happy night as the Celestial Lovers were backstage after the show had ended. Ideally, MYOJIN would feel satisfaction about what had transpired as everything had gone his way: they were a step closer to becoming the inaugural Tag Team Champions of Project: Honor and the match where he would finally rid himself of the disease that has plagued his and Zane's lives for almost four months now. He should feel… happy.

But he didn't as he tried to get his tag partner's attention, if anything- he felt worried. “Emi?” He asked, walking not too far from behind her. She had suddenly started to walk off and wouldn't seem to stop for anything. “What's wrong? Talk to me- Hey!”

The blonde caught up next to her, leaning over to see her face. She was… startling, emotionless, almost robotic, the best friend that he was used to seeing with a bright and lovable smile on her face seemed… as if nothing mattered to her. As if the body walking was empty and without a soul. Emiko Kubo at that moment did not seem like Emiko Kubo. She seemed, she felt like something else.. As if a hollow imitation of herself.

MYOJIN’s eyebrows tilted downward with a look of worry as they passed by multiple other wrestlers, producers, and backstage crew. Though as he looked at her- nothing else… mattered. No one else did, his concern for her well being became the only priority in his mind. He stepped in front of her to stop her in her tracks, gently placing a hand on her shoulder as he looked her in the eyes- biting his lip with a nervous expression.

“Emiko,” He spoke softly. "Talk to me.”

His voice was quiet, but stern. He refused to let her walk away while she carried grief with her. He was tired of this cycle of his best friend showing the pain that she so clearly felt- but whenever someone reached out to her, she'd try to hide it with a fake smile and say she was okay.

Feeling herself being stopped, the hand placed on her shoulder, caused Zane to look up, her eyes meeting those of her tag team partner. Seeing the concern on his face initially brought a puzzled expression but that was quickly followed up by a small frown.

“Shouta.. are you okay?” Her question, though out of place, did have a genuine tone behind it.

He blinked with confusion in response. “What do you mean? Of.. of course, I am. Don't try to change the subject.” He thought he was okay. Wasn't he? Was there anything wrong with him? ...MYOJIN didn't want to think further about himself at the moment. This was about her, not him.

”Did you just blackout or something? You were walking with a… weird look on your face. Kind of like you were sleepwalking.” He dropped a hand from her shoulder.

“No... I just.. I’m a little tired I guess. We had a long night after all. I’ll be okay though.” Letting out a soft sigh, she gave a soft shake of her head before looking back at him with a smile.

“Maybe we should try and see if any places are open! Get some ice cream, what do you say?” Though her expression seemed cheerful, at the same time there seemed to be one or two stray tears streaming down her cheeks. Zane also looked to be increasingly shaky.

He noticed the shift in her expression and the tears beginning to flow. Wordlessly, MYOJIN reached over to lightly brush the teardrops from her face with his thumb. “Emi, you aren't alright.. You don't have to pretend like everything's fine. You've been through so much in so little time.”

She closed her eyes for a moment as the tears continued to fall and be wiped away, taking in as deep of a breath as she could. Opening her eyes to again look at her partner, the smile faded and was replaced by a face that carried many emotions at once.

“I.. I don’t like any of this. I don’t think it’s fair.. I just wanted it all to be over and now I feel like I’m getting tortured. Stabbed over and over, nobody is being fair, nobody cares and.. it’s like nothing matters except the next stop on the road to the great big punishment. I... I can’t watch. I’m expected to watch and move forward and I.. I can’t do it. I want to run and sh..” Before she could finish her statement, Zane’s voice fell to a forced hush. Turning herself away from MYOJIN now, she crosses her arms across her chest and lets out a frustrated huff. “Is it okay if we go get food now, I’m cold.”

It hurt to see her be hurt, but MYOJIN knew that it'd be better if she didn't try to constantly bottle up her emotions. Though as he listened to her words- he began to consider if he was a part of the problem. Was he not considering how she felt about the entire situation with Saint..? Was he going to face him in that Last Man Standing match for her.. or for himself?

Deep down, he knew he was being selfish.. He knew that she didn't want to see him put himself in such a dangerous position- But there was no way he could back down now. He had to see this through. The hatred and anger that he felt was because of that man, and he couldn't let it go- Not until Saint was gone and it was by his own hand.

Maybe he wasn't as good of a friend or partner as she deserved to have.

MYOJIN lowered his head and dropped his hand as she turned from him. The blonde felt a harsh guilt cause his heart to ache.

“Emi, I-” He stopped. He was going to say that he did care- that she mattered a great deal to him. But for some reason, he couldn't get the words out. It felt like he didn't have the right to say those words.

“I'm sorry.” He spoke, his voice barely above a disheartened whisper. “Yeah, we can go now.”

He rubbed the back of his neck and took a deep breath. “I mean, at the very least- we won, right? There's only one more match before we get the chance to fulfill that little promise.” A little smile appeared on his face as he attempted to try and cheer her up.

“The promise..” Zane uncrossed her arms, letting them loosely rest at her sides once again. Slowly turning back, she looked at MYOJIN with a distant but less alarming stare than before.

“I made a promise and I have to keep it. I’m sorry Shouta.. I’m really sorry. I wish things could be better for you. I wish there was a way where you didn’t end up hurt.. but I..” Again she hushed herself but followed shortly after with a chuckle. “We did win, didn’t we? That’s what should be the focus. I’m not supposed to think about the pain, I’m not supposed to think about him. That’s not my role..is it? But I don’t know how to be who I’m supposed to be anymore.. I need help..”

He wasn't sure what to make of that- or what she was saying. MYOJIN wanted to help, but he honestly didn't know how to. There were no words he could give, no jokes he could crack. So he did simply the only thing he could think of- and pulled her into an embrace.

Taken aback by the embrace, it took her a moment to return the hug, sinking herself a bit into it as more tears fell. “Everything has been turned upside down and it can’t go back.. I can’t go back. There’s only forward.. and then the end. You’ll help me get there right? If you do.. I’ll pay for the ice cream this time? Please?” A soft giggle, desperate in nature as she needed anything, everything, just one thing to keep her from losing herself.

The end. The way she said that honestly frightened him. MYOJIN wanted to think she just meant making it through the rest of all of this. He gave her a caring squeeze, finding himself giving a small laugh at her little joke. “We're partners, Emi. Of course I'll help you- always.”

“Thank you Shouta.. I mean it. Maybe it won’t be so hard now, at least I hope it won’t. Just promise me you won’t end up as bad, okay? You’re my partner and I really care about you, about your future, and you getting exactly what you deserve.” Gently bringing a little distance, Zane looked up at him. Once again there was a smirk on her face, and while something still seemed a bit off, he could at least see that part of her was there somewhere.

“Don't worry about me. I care about you too- We're going to make it through this and things will get it better, that I swear.” He gave her a little smile in return. While there was so much wrong with them both, while their lives were probably a bigger mess than either wanted to admit at the moment-... MYOJIN fully believed that brighter days would come.

He hoped so, at the very least.

Thirteen milliseconds, the average time it takes a human brain to process an incident. However, when it is one that truly captivates a person, the concept of said reaction time is shattered and the person becomes trapped in said time. This can happen to someone who has experienced great troubles or triumphs. Perhaps in some cases, it can begin as one and end as the other. The way the tides turn in the end rest on the shoulders, or more accurately in the mind of the one experiencing the situation. Her choice was an obvious one to her, one guided by a promise, though the path leading there had her nearly suffocated by the darkness of hatred and pity.

The only light that filled the room physically came from the outside, penetrating through the blinds in front of the window she found herself staring at, while trying to relax once again on the hotel room bed. The only light that filled it mentally, was the knight in question. Her tired eyes find themselves fighting the urge to shut and drift off into the land of dreams and nightmares, the mind behind them racing with conflict across all facets but one. The night was already a long one, filled with inconsequential buffoonery, internal turmoil and heartache. Knowing that the morning would bring more of the same, she felt the urge to sigh but didn’t want the action to ruin where she was now. It was this moment, following the flinging of worried filled words, and the satisfying dessert that came after, where she wanted to stay, or at the very least replicate for her remaining days. Much like the treasured times before her chance at happiness was ruined for the time being, she felt a sense of peace, belonging, and something else she didn’t need to further dive into after exclaiming it not too long ago.

Still she couldn’t help but have her mind wander. Could the genuine but complicated good triumph over the venomous evil in the end? Would there truly be peace in the aftermath? Once that fateful time comes and goes, what is left for her to do? How does she take her own next step? Will she be abandoned all over again by new pieces of her heart? Can she even last a day without her lifeline, since it seems as though that will be lost before she can move forward. The worries, the fear, along with the worst ideas of them all felt like they were teaming together, holding a tight grip around her neck, choking the life out of her to the melody of Reger’s “A Romantic Suite.”

“I..”

Struggling to breathe, she reached out towards the nightstand, seeming desperate to silence the tune, silence the fear, and shaking away the power it is looking to regain over her heart. When she finally gets her hand on the device and shuts it off, not bothering to even check the reason, she feels the psychological grip loosen around her neck and puts it back down. Shifting back to a comfortable position, she gives herself a soft nod, ready to dive into the blissful bubble once...

“...Again?”

A simple question, needing no answer as the confirmation was felt within, and she allowed herself to get lost in the positivity before the morning guilt awoke her. She did after all deserve it, having gone through far too much agony over the years. Cookies, ice creams, cupcakes, what a dream life this is.

There was a lot to think about in the upcoming weeks that Shouta wasn't sure he was prepared for. The golden, bright skies illuminated by the Californian sunset made it a rather exceptional day to take a run, albeit it was somewhat chilly. The blonde wore an Under Armour hoodie with sweatpants to match, taking deep breaths with each step as he dashed down the busy street from his apartment. Usually, the youthful MMA fighter-turned-wrestler would have some earbuds in, listening to a relaxing playlist of his favorite songs- Though today, he was accompanied with the sound of silence- besides the occasional melodic chirp of a bird somewhere, or the soft wind breeze whispering in his ears- Yet, even the early day's ambience became muffled background noise as his inner voice, the mixture of emotions and thoughts blared through his mind with each step he took. A troubled look on his face as he kept to a light jog, inhaling through his nose and exhaling the cold and dry air through his lips.

For most wrestlers, his life at the moment would be something to be proud and appreciative of. Receiving bookings from some of the most notable promotions growing- having two notable upcoming championship matches, like the XHF Junior Heavyweight Title beijing so close to his grasps, same with the Project: Honor Tag Team Championships with someone who he considered his equal and closest friend at Unbreakable Resolution… His career was at an all-time high… At least, from a professional standpoint it was. MYOJIN was having the time of his life, Shouta Kuromiya- the person behind the persona, was not doing well… emotionally or mentally. As grateful as he could be, as he should be… his mind still thought about the monster he vowed to end once and for all.

Colton Saint. The one he'd be having his other match against.

The sensible side of his mind told him that he was getting in over his head. That if the Celestial Lovers did make it past AV Club, which he was undoubtedly planning, then he'd have two high stake matches to worry about in the foreseeable future. One for the tag team championships, which while he hadn't admitted to why he wanted them so bad,  felt like they mattered just beyond the gold and the paycheck bonus, or even making the tag team division the must-see part of Project: Honor… they mattered because to him, they represented hope for Zane and himself. That there was a light at the end of the tunnel- that they could overcome the odds in front of them, the tiring pain and drama that they've went through. Winning those belts would mean that their bond was unbreakable, that they were stronger than the obstacles ahead… That they could push through it.

Shouta definitely needed that kind of hope.

Yet, at the same time, he was unwilling to forfeit from the Last Man Standing match against Saint. He was unwilling to give up the chance to humiliate and hurt that deplorable, disgusting, fuck. Shouta refused to let Colt peacefully retire after what he did to Emiko, after everything. The constantly shifting hope to succeed with his tag partner and spite to bring pain and get vengeance did nothing but confuse the Shining Star's heart.

What mattered to him more? Was he being selfish?

He asked himself this question as he stopped at the corner of the sidewalk, watching a few cars pass by so it would be safe to pass the road. Shouta closed his eyes and took a deep breath, his lungs burning faintly from the exertion of stamina. That question had been on his mind ever since last Proving Grounds… and maybe he knew his answer now.

Yes, yes he did.

Focusing on being a reliable partner to Emiko mattered more than revenge, Saint could wait. For now, he'd work hard to fulfill the promise that he and Emiko made. For now, they needed to get past the AV Club- and it wasn't going to be any easier than the match that got the Star and Moon into the semi-finals to begin with. They could do this, he knew they could. Shouta had hope- after all, it had gotten him this far.

The smallest of smiles appeared on his face as he pulled out his phone before continuing his walk after no more cars passed. He was going to text Emiko if she wanted to meet up with him at his family's gym, like the first time they ever teamed up, to train together. That- and to just spend time with each other. A morale boost would be more than welcome.

Presenting a united front in the face of true tribulations and trying times wasn’t an easy task. However, nothing truly worth it is simple, such is the way of life. In a selfish business, for someone to forge a bond with another that wasn’t fragile at the core was a rarity. Both Emiko Kubo, known as Zane to the masses, and Shouta Kuromiya, known as MYOJIN, seemed to accomplish this task rather easily, and now find that it is leading to success within their shared profession. In the wake of a highly publicized incident that happened with the young moon maiden, the two not only managed to make it to Proving Ground, but came out victorious. Now it was onto the next round, the next task. Knowing that they need to continue showcasing their respective and combined strengths, in front of the camera they find themselves. With the vanity to their right, the duo are looking their best in a plush maroon loveseat, opposite legs crossed and looking to one another. Zane is the one to break their fixed gaze first, leaning to the side a bit so she may get a view of their reflections, a smirk forming at the sight.

“I’m not sure about you my dear, but looking over there, I spy with my eye two future champions. While this isn’t the conventional way to greet our lovelies, it is rather fitting considering that despite the odds stacked against us, we still rose above and are now in the semifinals of the Project: Honor Tag Team Championship tournament. Surprisingly our opponents put up more of a fight than anyone expected but the true battle was against ourselves, against the shadows and we shone a light on them so bright, they damn near melted away for that instance. Now we get to do it all over again, with even more of a cursed hold working against us. Shouldn’t be all that hard now, should it?”

MYOJIN smiled as well, leaning to see his own reflection next to Zane's as he lightly ran a hand through his golden hair. His piercing, icy blue eye contacts gave his gaze a stunning look as he raised an eyebrow. “We proved exactly what we had said for a while: That despite the difficult situations that we have gone through in recent time, the attempts to dishearten us- We will not be discouraged. We will not be stopped. We are prodigies; professionals that as individuals have always been strong… but together?”

The Shining Star turned to the Crescent Moon, his beautiful smile now showing perfect teeth. “We are unstoppable. Our determination combined cannot and will not be broken… and we are very, very determined to claim what we said would be ours in the very beginning of Project: Honor.”

With his icy gaze meeting one of her own, his smile bringing about hers, the usual confident glow of Zane can be seen once again. Giving a nod of assurance, she kept her eyes on her partner, doing what she can to show the truth behind their message. “Many often claim greatness to hide their shortcomings, they bash others to shield their own insecurities, but us? We simply give a preview of what’s to come with our words. We don’t need to destroy others as our points are proven strictly with our ability, our showmanship and our class. Yes we grow tired of certain tropes, but that irritation only illustrates our passion, our love for this business but as you can see, we show our respect after when it is earned. This time we move on from a team that was once a joke to one that, while tough, comes across as even more cheesy than the last. Why oh why is it that we’re always tied to such silliness when we are looking to bring a serious credibility to this budding division?” There was something about that last statement that brought a shift in expression to Zane, but she was quick to recollect herself.

He noticed the change in her expression and gave her a brief but reassuring smile- before turning back to their reflections. “Big Drip Productions, as ridiculous as that name is, earned our respect by giving us truly a bout worthy of a main event. But was there any doubt that we would succeed? But after facing them, we would've hoped to have our next match be against… a more serious team. You see, we aim to make the Tag Team division the must-see part of this show, especially considering that we plan on winning the titles… How are we exactly going to accomplish that against the employees from the local Hot Topic?”

MYOJIN snickered elegantly, placing a hand over his lips.

“Now, now dear, they did do a good job in their first round match so we can’t take them lightly. We just need to make sure that we do far better and perhaps expose them for fun. It’s been a bit since I’ve done that and I’ve had the desire for a while now. It is true though, after the first time we teamed together, getting to know each other as close friends, we made a declaration we intend to turn into fact. The last thing we’re going to let happen is have that spoiled by the likes of the AV Club. What a silly name. How anyone thought that was a good idea was beyond me, but hey, I’m sure they swore they were being clever. Good for them.” Letting out a sigh, Zane couldn’t help but roll her eyes, even letting out a chuckle.

“Seriously though, my partner right here, could not have said it any better when it comes to our determination and our hearts refusing anything else than continued success. Nothing and nobody is going to stop us, and I mean nobody. Anyone who dares to try will simply be made an example of, perhaps, even more, depending on how giving of a mood we’re in. We’re done playing around and giving the time of day to things like stupidity and fear.. we can’t let the fear win..” While Zane was quick to shoot a wink to the camera, initially while speaking, her expression grew more serious and rather cold by the end. A familiar distant glare met her partner soon after.

“Now, yes. This AV Club did earn their way here in a fair match- But this is where it will harshly end for them.” MYOJIN's playful expression grew to one with burning anger, hatred showing within the look on his face.

“We will NOT lose because we have come too far for that. Some may think that I'm way in over my head, fighting in this tournament while getting ready to face Saint too- but I will end his career by whatever means necessary… and then we will win the finals.”

He exhaled sharply and closed his eyes, wiping the sinister look off of his face. He was getting off topic.

“Don’t do that..please don’t do that.” Zane’s voice was very different from her usual tone but the words still carried a strength behind them. “We can’t allow that to take over, not now. There’s too much that needs to be done and we have to remember our purpose. Things are tough for us but we also fight for those who are looking for their own way, their eyes still bright. We have to keep showing that hope is real and that determination can lead to prosperity. I know.. I know that fight will bring the worst but promise me your best before all that. Promise them. Please..”

MYOJIN turned to her, his fierceness softened away as he saw his partner's pleading expression. He nodded slowly, giving an apologetic glance.

“Right, of course. I'm sorry.. I promise.”

He then turns back to the camera, “As much as I would love to get my hands on him, that can wait. Right now? We have to stay focused. I have to stay focused and patience will finally pay off once we are finally crowned. Don't think for a second my mind will be elsewhere, AV Club. You two may be bigger than the both of us, you may think your outdated goth style and your fake fangs are intimidating, but that's fine. We'll just cut you both down to size and continue to prove ourselves with every win we take.”

“And then, after all that? I'll give you a lesson in fashion. Seriously, those singlets are not very…. complimenting.” His bright smile returned as he lightly snorted in mocking fashion.

“That right there? That is the difference between us and other teams. We lift each other up, we back each other up and no matter what, we tackle things together. Nothing is hidden, no agendas are present, we are two people who came together and formed a bond that can withstand anything others try to throw at it. So bring your fangs, bring your faulty fashion because you’re going to need everything you got to even begin and stand a chance against us. We’re in control of the narrative and our journey to the Tag Team Championships will not end by your hands.”

With the young friends back on the same page, both Zane and MYOJIN looked at one another with a smile, slightly raising their opposite hands up before looking at the camera in unison.

Sorry, not sorry.

With the simultaneous snap of the fingers, the scene quickly cut to black.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum