Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Introduce YourselfThu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 amProject: HonorDylan GatesThu Dec 17, 2020 1:45 amDylan GatesJoseph HollandThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amJoseph HollandArthan ArdeleanThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amAthan ArdeleanPROVING GROUND #9 12/4/20: GLADIATOR CONTESTSSat Dec 05, 2020 3:52 amProject: HonorThe Dragon LadySat Dec 05, 2020 3:17 amElena Rodriguez/ TDLChapter 4: All Roads Lead To LegacyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:58 amJames RavenTHE BUTTERFLY EFFECT: RAGNAROKThu Dec 03, 2020 5:54 amKallie ReznikCollateral DamageThu Dec 03, 2020 5:52 amContessa Floran
Top posting users this week
No user
Current Champions

Grand Champion - Dickie Watson

X-Factor Champion - Indy Darling

Warrior Rising Champion - Sarah Roberts

Tag Team Champions - Vacant
Upcoming Shows
Twitter
Affiliates

Go down
Dickie Watson
Dickie Watson

THRONE [VII] Empty THRONE [VII]

Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:19 am
THE DIMITRI CHRONICLES -- 8.1 THRONE

THRONE [VII] ScEXkUl

- - - - - - -

YOU CAN THROW ME TO THE WOLVES
TOMORROW I WILL COME BACK
LEADER OF THE WHOLE PACK
BEAT ME BLACK AND BLUE
EVERY MOVE WILL SHAPE ME
EVERY SCAR WILL BUILD MY THRONE

- - - - - - -

He’d done it. 

Part of him didn’t believe it. It was all good and well to sound so conscientious and harrowing before a match, to go into it so confidently that you just knew you were going to come out of it alive with everything that you’d said. But he was a whole different animal when push came to shove, and that is exactly what happened with MYOJIN and Dickie. It was no small wonder that MYO fought so hard for the title, came back again and again, tried to pull that title from the British National’s hands, but in the end? It’d been close. Maybe a bit too close. Yet the victor was Dickie Watson, The Molotov. The Motherfuckin’ Calamity. 

But...but why?” Hannah’s voice was extremely flabbergasted. Her expression, an eyebrow raised in exasperated wonder at Dickie as she sat on the edge of the hotel’s bed, seemed to match her tone. She was clutching a pillow to her chest, her legs and arms wrapped tightly around it as she looked at her husband. “You’ve never done that.

Dickie shrugged, wincing as he attempted to move his injured knee again. The cut across his face hadn’t been stitched, and there was no bandage placed over the gash upon his cheek. If he was lucky, it wouldn’t scar. “When you’re up there, twenty feet up, and the thing you want to keep in your hands is almost out of your grasp because a fuckin’ dick is punching you in the face...you get 'em where it hurts.

Hannah cocked her head to the side, sinking deeper into her pillow. “But Dimitri...

Look, I won’t do it again. No cheap shots like that. It’s not like that’s the legacy that I want to keep. I already had to fight out of the roll-up. If this doesn’t show them how serious I am…” he stretched out an arm, reaching the already blood-covered white washcloth and pressing it to the underside of his arm. “...then I’ll just have to do it again and again. I’m not about to let this go, Hannah. You know that.

I know, I just—“ she started but was cut off as the beep and slide of a key card, as well as the heavy door opening and slamming shut behind her startled her.

All right, ya cunt,” Aiden swore, carrying in his right hand a plastic bag filled with a plethora of medical supplies. “I got gauze,” he reaches into the plastic bag and tosses out a couple of boxes of medical gauze, “an-tee-septic wipes,” a box of alcohol wipes landed on the bed. “Some Pokémon bandages complete with Pikachu’s smiling face,“ he holds the box of Band-Aids up to his face and grins. “Yellow to make you feel bloody bonzer, aye?” He tossed it directly at Dickie’s head, narrowly missing it as it flung past his ear. “And…” lastly, he pulled out a candy package as he dropped into the chair by the window.  “Turtles.

Turtles?” Dickie and Hannah raised their eyebrow. 

Yeah, mate. Used all my blood sugar to walk down to the pharmacy and back.” Aiden took a bite out of one of the chocolate-covered caramel pecan treats. “Think I’m becoming a diabetic.

That’s an overproduction of glucose, Aiden.” Dickie snorted.

Ye, that’s what I said!

The Molotov shook his head with a smile as Aiden picked up the television remote and started flicking through probably every channel. Slowly, he reached for the box of antiseptic wipes and tore open one of the packages. Setting it against his skin, he instantly felt the sting of the alcohol mingling with his open wounds on his face and hissed. 

Hannah tutted and tossed the pillow aside, reaching for a new cloth, wetting it in the toiletries bowl, and pressing it against the open shoulder blade, uncovered by his tank. Little by little, she pulled small remaining crystals of glass from his skin while her face became more and more irritated, and it was written all over her face. “I thought you said that these kinds of matches weren’t going to be in your plan, babe.” She murmured quietly to him.

I don’t book my own matches, Hannah.

I know but...the weapons match before, this one now...you’re going to take years off your life. Is that all you want it to be for? A title?

Dickie turned his head. He knew that Hannah understood that his desire to keep the championship never emanated from a selfish need to have gold. Everyone knew what championships meant: that you were a target, that you were the one to watch. The one to take hold of and try to decimate and destroy. MYOJIN tried to do that. Jacob Steele came in with a shitty attitude and was humbled quickly. But he’d retained. 

He was the only champion at this point that’d defended his title twice. The only one who stated that they were going to be a continuously fighting champion, the only one who didn’t try to sneak his way out of defending every time the opportunity arose. He’d not been pinned. He’d not been submitted. He’d not been defeated unless you counted the failure of Terrance. Yeah, he was still annoyed by that, but it hadn’t seemed to drop him down in confidence or desire.

Was the fact that he was willing to put his life on the line for gold the issue?

He turned slightly and set his bruised hand against Hannah’s face softly; immediately, she lifted her own and held his hand within her palm. “It’s not just that, Hannah. It’s...hard to explain.

Which was strange. Dickie was more than capable of explaining himself. Perhaps it was simply because he just felt as if this time, he couldn’t articulate the exact reasons. Perhaps it was because finally, that bit of adrenaline that ran through him at Bloodbath, in that Hell From Above match, from the high of winning again, began to fade. Every pain receptor in his back felt like it was on fire.

Aiden, over in his chair, glanced over to the two of them. Originally, he probably would have said something uncouth and snappy about the closeness, but this time, he could see his partner needed some help here. He opened his mouth again as he settled on a rerun of a rugby game. “It’s a pride thing.” He offered, turning his head and looking at them. “It’s not so much that he has to do it for the belt now. It’s not really just about the strap any more. It’s more about cementing your name in the record as not a paper champion. I mean, when you look at it, Kasey and Jason didn’t bring their best, and for someone else to pull out from under him and do better in the popular vote…well, it’d be like Joe Biden winning the Presidential election in this godforsaken country, mate.

Well, I guess we know where the Australian stands. 

But if it’s gonna kill him—

Hannah-nana, I’m fine,” Dickie assured her, rising to his feet, albeit painfully. He grabbed for the gauze and the bandages remaining in the bag and limped slightly to the bathroom door.

OH, OI!” Aiden snapped at Dickie. “I sent in the paperwork for APEX, we’ll be released on Tuesday after the show.

Oh,” Dickie’s face fell, though he tried to not show it. There were positives, but there were certainly a ton of negatives too. “I guess that’s all right. Kinda sucks that we won’t be working with each other again.

Oh, nah. Nah, mate.” Aiden turned his head, looking back at the television. “I signed with Project: Honor tonight. While you were in your match. Seems like someone has to watch your back kid, and who better tha—“ he cut himself off, jumping to his feet, “OI, YOU BOOMERANG-LEGGED SOFT-COCKED UNDER TWELVE PROVINCIAL DOUCHEBAGS. THAT’S NOT HOW YOU BLOCK A FUCKIN’ GOAL!

Hannah winced, and Dickie snorted, shaking his head. “Good to have you along again.

Yeah, nah; nah, yeah, fucking twatwaffles.

Dickie moved behind the door and shut it slowly behind him. His smile faded entirely, and he set the medical supplies on the counter. Bracing himself against it, he hung his head, staring down at the counter. He slowly reached down to the hem of his tank and pulled it off his torso. His ribcage, covered mostly by the shirt, was already purpling and black and blue. He knew it wasn’t just muscular bruises — those went down to the bone. He’d have to tape himself for a few weeks. Hell, he might not be cleared at all to wrestle at the following Proving Ground.

It’d been too close. MYOJIN had it, met him punch for punch, kick for kick. He’d not done his best to anticipate. He’d not done his best to push ahead, to make it so there wasn’t such a narrow margin between them in that match. He had the advantage. He was the fucking champion of the company. Fuck, it was too close. He needed to do better.
He couldn’t let this happen again. He couldn’t show weakness. Weakness meant the wolves circled more, and despite the addition of his tag team partner, he still stood alone. He would have to fight them, make sure that they understood that he wasn’t willing to just lie over like a dead dog.

He needed to be better.
Better.

- - - - - - -

The towering spire of a gothic cathedral stood tall above the ground. There were various windows broken in the tall tower, and the building looked worse for wear. Above them, despite the warmth of the humid summer in London, grey clouds swirled overhead ominously. The wooden sign over the doorway hung, one side's chain broken, the plaque facing downward to the ground. The greenery around the building had long since either died or become overgrown, vines crawling up the sides of the structure, leaves crumbled all over the ground.

A hand reached out, clenching tightly around the handle of the gate, unlocking it. It swung open with a creak, and the shuffle of reticent feet could be heard against the broken pathways of the sidewalk that used to run to the front porch. 

His hands shoved in his pockets, Dickie Watson looked up at the building with a stoic expression. He said nothing for a few purloined moments, ignoring the strange stares from the people who passed by the derelict building on their way into the inner city. Clearly, whatever this used to be, it was not a place that he held happiness for.

There was a swing set around the bend of the house there,” he started. “But it was used as a facade. For some reason, it was an expectation that orphaned kids needed exercise and fun, and the illusion that there was the opportunity for that tended to bring people into the house, where they’d bring their woes and their sadness and hope that one of the little hedonistic brats in the building could both bring them happiness from the loss they had and the nuns who ran it a little less trouble. Kids didn’t play on the swing set. Hell, they didn’t come out of the house except for the moment of freedom they received when they were released from this shithole.

He cocked his head to the side, sniffing in. His Cockney accent, muffled slightly by the black mask he wore, his expression blank save for his eyes. In it, you could almost breathe in the anger that rested beneath his skin. It seemed more often than the once excited and happy-go-lucky Dickie Watson, the nicest kid on this side of the planet who wouldn’t even dare to call someone a cunt and not feel bad about it, was irritated about something. Not so much pissed. Not so much chip on his shoulder, but more of determined anger. Like he wasn’t doing well enough for himself.

I said last time we met that we all had pasts that we didn’t want people to know. Secrets to keep. Stories to tell that we’d prefer were left unspoken. Maybe this is mine. I mean, I was told that I aptly tell you guys constantly about how I’ve fought and clawed my way up out of the gutter, but this?” He gestured upwards to the house nonchalantly, waving his hand absent-mindedly. “This was the gutter. The kids here, including me, experienced more neglect and beatings at the hands of corrupt catholic bitches who decided it would be more important to beat the devil out of you than to show you any form of love and affection. Or at the minimum, show they cared.

Seventeen years of my life, I spent here. Elena, who you’ve met by now, emancipated herself as soon as she could, but for me? I was a little more hesitant, a little more nervous to try and stand out of the crowd. I hid behind the rest of the kids at school. I didn’t talk much. I said very little because all I could remember was being a four-year-old that was getting a fuckin’ ruler on my hands and paddle on my ass because I dared to speak in the middle of English. God forbid, too, if you were ‘returned’,” he raised his fingers, putting quotes into the air. “Satan must have lived in your soul then.

He turned then, walking along the deadened grass, his footsteps crackling beneath him as he kept his eyes on the structure.

Every time I’m in London, even for a minimum time, I come here. Maybe it’s masochistic, but I find that it helps me to remember who I am, and what I came from. I wasn’t the star child of my family, rising through the ranks because they pushed me to be better. I fought to be better. I wasn’t the golden student; I studied my ass off to graduate from University so I’d have a stable career. I partner up with the local youth hostels, listening to them for a few hours so they have someone they can vent to without judgment. Because yeah, I was there. And I pulled myself out of the gutter, didn’t I?

He paused, lowered his head, and then lifted it to look at the camera. With the absence of people around him, save for the camera team, he pulled off the mask, letting it hang off of one of his ears. 

Bloodbath came and went. Hell From Above came and went. We all came in, made our cases as strong as we could, but we all knew that it would come down to what we did in that ring. I did what I said, didn’t I?” He raised his eyebrow, a small smile sliding across his mouth as he questioned the audience. “I insisted, I argued, and I made it. MYOJIN and I, we brought Hell to one another so venomously that he carried his injuries to another company and me? I’m still fuckin’ injured, but that’s a hazard of the job. And yet...I still stand before you as the Grand Champion.

Of course, he didn’t have his belt at this time. Maybe it was better not to carry it around with him in the derelict districts of London, but for now, his word was as good as seeing it. 

I retained, for the second time. I defended and retained, and I should feel ecstatic about this. That I know. And I do. Don’t get me wrong, every day that I stand in front of you all, every day that I look at that title, I realize that I’m the face of the company. I’m the man to beat and save for a shitty tag match, I haven’t been beaten. Not one-on-one. Not when the stakes were so high. If anyone thinks that for a second that I’d be willing to part with the championship that I fought for and earned, then they haven’t been paying attention and probably need to watch closely.

He tapped his foot into the ground, toe first as he waved his arms, wincing as he did so. Clearly, he was still injured, and that was probably going to last up until the Proving Ground 8. Still.

Main event, again. We all sit and look at the stars and how they wane, but then you’ve got champions who refuse to defend or champions who’ve proven themselves and should be double champions. Every day, it seems like we’re getting new talent. You would have thought after the last time we met here, Callum over there would have given me someone who would have earned this spot, but I’m guessing that they just want to see something entertaining to end the show with.

Ace Sky. A wholly unoriginal name, but that’s neither here nor there for me to place.” He shrugged his shoulders. “He’s appeared once for the company, falling in his debut match to Daniel Horror.

He raised his hazel eyes, narrowing them slightly as if to say, “Yeah, I know”. 

I mean, Proving Ground Three, I was twelve steps ahead of Horror in a match, so if I really wanted to argue it, I could honestly say that I could have this in the bag. Maybe I do. Maybe I don’t. For all I know, he could come at me and it’d be a huge upset. But let’s remember -- I’m heading into this match, not one-hundred-percent, but ready and willing. The match at Bloodbath bruised the shit out of my ribs, and though my cuts are healed in the top layer of my skin, they’re still healing beneath it. Still.

A pause. 

Still, I would be remiss if I sat there and assumed I’d come out of this unscathed. But for a zero-one record with only one appearance in our company? Yeah. I’m slightly disappointed. Nevertheless, I’ll go out there. I’ll do what the Grand Champion should be doing. And honestly? There is absolutely no problem with me doing that. For the longest time, I’ve sat there and thought that maybe I shouldn’t be putting myself forward, but you know what? That ends tonight. That ends every night. From here on out, I am fighting every match as if I could lose my title. I am pushing myself to be better and better. I have to if I’m going to retain every time that I meet someone for this title. I have no intention to lose this championship, this place in the company. I am the face, the man you want to fuckin’ beat, and up until now? None ya have caught me up that wasn’t a match against numbers. I do not intend to lose. Not now. And I will fucking mow you down if I have to in order to keep it.

He turned his head once more, looking back up at the building.

I told you. This is now The Era of the Calamity. It’s not just a catchy line that I thought would sound cool at the end of my last video. It’s a legitimate threat. I will destroy you. Every time I step into that ring, it will be a tumultuous affair, one that will be a fucking disaster for you. Every time, I will continue to build and build upon my THRONE.

So.” He nodded towards the camera, that smirk rising upon his face once more. “Ace. Are you ready for this? Are you truly ready to contend with me? It may be non-title, but you better not come in there and half-ass yourself simply because you think I’m injured, or that you don’t deserve this spot. Don’t get me wrong. You don’t, but that’s not my choice, now is it?

Dickie shoved his hands in his pockets once more, tilting his head to the side. “I’ll see you in the desert, man. Nevada...well, they’ve probably seen this wrestling gig once or twice, but I promise you...you’re in for the ride of your life. Good luck. And honestly…” He ran a hand through his hair, scratching softly at the back of his head, though wincing as his arm rose above his rib cage. 

Don’t disappoint me.

GOTHmother likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum