Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Introduce YourselfThu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 amProject: HonorDylan GatesThu Dec 17, 2020 1:45 amDylan GatesJoseph HollandThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amJoseph HollandArthan ArdeleanThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amAthan ArdeleanPROVING GROUND #9 12/4/20: GLADIATOR CONTESTSSat Dec 05, 2020 3:52 amProject: HonorThe Dragon LadySat Dec 05, 2020 3:17 amElena Rodriguez/ TDLChapter 4: All Roads Lead To LegacyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:58 amJames RavenTHE BUTTERFLY EFFECT: RAGNAROKThu Dec 03, 2020 5:54 amKallie ReznikCollateral DamageThu Dec 03, 2020 5:52 amContessa Floran
Top posting users this week
No user
Current Champions

Grand Champion - Dickie Watson

X-Factor Champion - Indy Darling

Warrior Rising Champion - Sarah Roberts

Tag Team Champions - Vacant
Upcoming Shows
Twitter
Affiliates

Go down
TTtheT

Kinda bad but it's not a noshow Empty Kinda bad but it's not a noshow

Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:34 am
Our scene starts right after Jay Jones was eliminated from the rage in a cage match. He takes one last look at the action going on in the cage, then starts to move on up the ramp, yelling at booing fans on the way.

Jones: Oh wow, thanks! I appreciate the support! I didn’t know you all loved me like that!

Booing.

Jones: Never fear, the Jay train will be back, you stupid fucks! Don’t make me jump that barricade and beat your asses! Don’t boo the best thing you’ve seen tonight! Everyone here doesn’t appreciate the showing I just put on. Do you see those chumps in the ring? They got lucky. I wasn’t at my best but still lasted until that final three.

Booing intensifies

Jones: Oh shut the fuck up. Show some fucking respect to a man that could snap you in half. Trust me, there are better people you could be booing. You’re gonna need a fucking lozenge! I love how you people try and mock the Jay train for doing something you fat fucks couldn’t imagine doing yourself. I’m better than everyone in this fucking stadium combined at my fucking worst. I’d like to see you bums step in a ring against the Jay train!

With that, Jones exits through the curtain, waving off hordes of boos at his back. As soon as he goes through the curtain, his angry scowl immediately melts into a self-satisfied smirk as he grabs a bottle of water off a table and gulps it down. His grin grows wider as he lays his eyes upon that same talent scout that he waved off two weeks ago (see the previous promo). The scout grins triumphantly back at him.

Scout: HA. YOU LOST! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I SAW YOU TALKING ALL THAT SHIT IN YOUR LITTLE PROMO! ABOUT HOW ALL THOSE PEOPLE ARE SO BELOW YOU! LIKE YOU'RE TIRED OF FACING LOSERS! AND LOOOOOOOK! YOU LOOOOOOOOST! Doesn't it feel bad! Now you look like an idiot for underestimating all those people! You said you wouldn't break a sweat! And look at you now! Head-butted and pinned! HA!

Jones (still grinning): Yeah, that was a good match. Good shit. Very good shit. I'll admit that some people proved me wrong. I can't deny that considering I lost the damn thing. Indy Darling was good. Smart too, enough to make it longer than me. Sarah Roberts showed some magical burst of energy after that sad showing when we were teaming. It’s...funny how people can make such a huge jump when there’s something on the line. Whatever. I can’t say that I wasn’t proved wrong.

Scout: So...you’re...agreeing with me? No arguing? You were wrong?

Jones: Agreeing? Sure. I guess you could skew my opinion to fit yours. I’ll admit that I underestimated a couple of people. Maybe they had a bad start in this place, I don’t know. But I can’t deny that there was some...talent in the thing. I can’t believe it either. But I think I had the majority of the people in there. I knew what they could bring to the table, and it wasn’t much. But a few hidden gems were all it took.

Scout: I didn’t know you could take a loss like that! I was expecting a hissy fit or something. But you took it...in stride! I can’t believe it! I had notes ready with points to use in case you tried to make some bullshit excuse! I had security on speed dial in case you threatened me with bodily harm!

Jones: I...can still inflict bodily harm if you want, but really, I’m not mad at it. Not really, I guess. At the result? Maybe. But it’s clear that I wasn’t the most talented wrestler in the cage tonight. BUT THE KEY WORD IS TONIGHT! Don’t get started on the hate train! Don’t try and downplay me. Sure, I played a little too much to the crowd. Maybe I went a little too heavy on that Jay train joke. Maybe I underestimated a couple of people. Fine. I don’t deny any of that. But...it was a good match even if I didn’t come out on top. Lessons learned.

Scout: Lessons learned?

Jones: Just because I didn't win, doesn't mean that it wasn't an entertaining contest. I hope you saw that and enjoyed it. I hope you had fun watching me lose and getting a laugh at my expense. Because I can assure you that you won't be seeing that any time soon.

Scout: Right…

Jones: I'm glad you believe me. Not everyone would take my words for facts right away, which is funny since you're one of my biggest criticizers. But I guess you were right.

Scout: I'm right? After all that? DID SOMEONE SLIP DRUGS IN YOUR FOOD?!? That's where all that Jay train shit came from!

Jones: Just...I'm trying to be the nice one here. It's not like I'm taking your every word as fact here...just that you were right about one thing. One fucking thing. You should be thanking me for realizing what I was wrong about instead of being an asshole like I usually am.

Scout: Thanks?

Jones: You're fucking welcome.

Jones's grin leaves his face as he pushes past the scout and further backstage as the scene fades to black.

------------------------------

I've been humbled, I'll be the first to admit it. I wasn't expecting the talent that somehow crawled out of the woodwork. And rightfully so. From what I've seen from these bums, I shouldn't have had anything to worry about. It shouldn't have been a competition at all. But I guess everyone decided to put on their big boy pants and...wrestle well? I know. I couldn't believe it myself. But even as the masses tapped into skills that we've never seen before, I kept up while taking these people lightly. I guess that was a mistake in itself. Despite the clownery in this company, it's reassuring that this place won't go down the drain the second I make my leave. But I guess I shouldn't be talking. It's not like I won the fucking thing. I'm the last person that should be evaluating talent, but we're just focusing on what I did wrong. I was right about some people, wasn't I? Jonny and Jay were pretty bad. Uh...Slayer was a disappointment. But nobody remembers them. Nobody cares about the chumps who get knocked out first. They only care about the winners and rightfully so. So I guess it's time to hand out credit where it's due. Sarah Roberts? I don't know where that burst of energy was during our match, but good job. I'm sure you deserve it. Indy Darling? Well you outlasted me, so I guess that counts for something. Even Caliban showed sparks of stardom. But the people better not have forgotten about me. They better remember that past that Jay train shit, past the mocking exterior, I'm a damn good wrestler. I can fight my way up to the top of this place with one hand tied behind my back. The cage was a setback. But that doesn't destroy the goal. That doesn't change anything about what I need to do.

But Project Honor isn't doing me any favors in doing so. I guess I could've guessed that coming. Nothing is ever made easy for anyone in this business. So after a solid showing in the cage, I'm diminished to another random tag match. Sigh. At least I can't claim that I'm being set up for failure. I'm not being fed to an actual tag team like I was in my debut. No, my opponents in this thing are just as random and unwilling to be partnered like we are. I don't know what hard on PH has for randomly paired tag teams, but they sure show no shame in making those erotic dreams become a reality. Singles match? They don't know the meaning of one. But whatever. It is what it is, and I'm not the only one shaking my fist angrily because of another partner to carry. I'm sure countless other wrestlers in this place are feeling the same. A chance to really show their skills, shot down by an incompetent partner. But who knows? Maybe something positive can come out of it. Maybe this mystery partner can pull his own weight and we can get something positive out of it. Probably not, but we've seen crazier things happen. I'm sure my opponents are thinking the same thing. Either how they'll carry their sad little deadbeat partner to a win, or how they hope that they'll make a good team. That's how most things go. People thinking that things can get better. Hopeful faces looking for the bright side in things. I guess that's what I'm trying to do now. Trying to move on from an embarrassing loss with a win. Trying to get back on track and show people why I deserve to be on top. I’ve never liked having to claw my way up. It’s nasty and painful, but it needs to be done. Let’s just get this thing over with.

I guess we should start with my latest partner for the evening. Josiah Andrew Scott. The goat. Oh boy. This should be good. Already, not looking too promising, but who knows? Maybe he can back it up. I doubt it, but it's a possibility. As a guy with a pretty big ego myself, I'm almost laughing at a guy who thinks he's the shit. Obviously, I think he's lying and exaggerating. But since we're supposed to be on the same side, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll give him a chance to show that his ego is justified. Humility is overrated, anyways. But I guess that's what people say when they look at me. They only see the brash statements that make the fans boo. They focus on the hot takes and the huge expectations for myself. People only see the parts that are convenient for them, and not the parts that don't fit their negative perception of me. I guess that's what I share with Josiah. We both know exactly what we're capable of and willing to do. We both loathe tag matches but have been forced into one. I'm sure we'd both be happier facing each other instead of teaming with each other. You don't like sharing the spotlight, but I doubt that there'll be much of one in this thing. We're just... fighting for the sake of fighting. It is what it is, I guess. I would think that you should be thanking me. I'd expect someone to be honored that they get the privilege of being carried by someone like me. But of course, that's never the case. When it comes to random tag partners, more often than not, they start running their mouth about how they're too good for me. About how much better they are than me. About how they'll carry me to victory with one arm tied behind their back. Don't let that be us, Josiah. Don't try and put yourself on a pedestal above me. Because I'm trying to be the nice one in this thing. I know what I'm capable of, and I'm pretty sure it's better than you could ever dream of being, but I don't flaunt it in your face. I don't brag about it at every opportunity. I only want to get through this waste of time.
I don't think that's too much to ask.

But you know what IS too much? The amount of fucking so called "anti heroes" in this company. If everyone's a hero, who's the villain? Who's the "bad guy" that they're all fighting? Who's the big bad man or woman that needs to be taken down? Fun fact, this isn't a movie. This isn't some comic book where the good guys win. This is wrestling. We...wrestle. We hit each other with things. It's... a sport? Sure. The fact that a majority of the clowns in this place see themselves as the hero in everyone's story is laughable. There's a million of those people. And Elena DeDraca is no different. Shocker. Oh boy, a no nonsense woman. Someone who loves to fight. But still, she sees herself as an "anti hero"? She expects people to cheer her for a thing we all do? Yikes. No wonder nobody adopted her. She might deny it, but I know she craves that attention that she never got during her early life. Excuse my sad excuse for psychology, but it's pretty obvious to see. Elena says she's just here to fight. She likes hurting people. Is that something to cheer for? Is that good? I'd think that everyone here has a passion for fighting. That's why we're here. Some say that they're here to fix the industry. Or they pretend to be some evil monster. But that doesn't change the core of why we're here. This is...a wrestling company. Shocking. She can have her sad attempt at being quirky, but it won't change who she really is. But don't get me wrong, I believe she's just another wrestler at heart. She hates random tag matches. Who doesn't? I don't know one person who even slightly approves of one. She's a fan of fire. I'm sure there's plenty of that. But I'll do her a favor. Next week, I'll make her famous. In a negative way, sure. But it's better than nothing. They should give me a charity medal!

And who's left? Could it be? Yes. Yes it is. My second opponent is...drumroll...anti hero number 28373717177373737272737!!!!! Gasp. I'm shocked. How many fucking anti heroes are in this place? How many people have that hero complex that makes them think that there's someone evil to stop? Surely they don't think much of most people to consider them a threat to humanity. Contessa Florian is a morbid one, however. Despite her self labelling of an anti hero, she seems to care more about herself. To get as many exciting experiences done before she dies, which could be soon if she bothers to step in a ring with me. A daredevil. A risk taker. Don't worry, I'll make her feel alive. I'll make sure she feels every painful sensation you could think about before eating a 1, 2, 3. And maybe I'll make you want to meet the death you so desperately avoid. See? I'm the nice one here! I only give the people what they want, and if they change their mind, I’ve also helped them find what they like and don’t like. I do it all. Whether I’m thanked or not. See how nice I am? But let’s get back to the point. Contessa wants to feel special? She wants to feel alive? She wants to risk death? It’s all fun and games until you actually die, I guess. When some fancy stunt goes too far and you end up meeting the one fate you’re not ready to meet yet. I’ve never called myself a bringer of death. I’m not some morbid vampire type guy. But since you’re in my way, I might as well give you an experience you’ll never forget. I’ll put you closer to death than you’ll probably ever be until...you know. Now that might just sound like a lot of hot air. This probably just sounds like a crazy wrestler guy talking mad shit. Someone with too big of an ego for his own good. But when the time comes, you’ll see. Maybe then PH will learn, but I doubt it.

But in reality, despite what I say, despite these grand claims I make, this match is just another insignificant chapter in a show full of stacked matches. In a company with millions of random tag teams that will never unite again. In a company full of mostly singles stars. This is just another meaningless drop in the bucket. But a drop in the bucket that ends with a Jay Jones win. I don’t doubt that. Despite my last...failure. I don’t doubt my ability to win a match, with or without Josiah. PH would be advised to do the same.

Josiah Andrew Scott likes this post