Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Introduce YourselfThu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 amProject: HonorDylan GatesThu Dec 17, 2020 1:45 amDylan GatesJoseph HollandThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amJoseph HollandArthan ArdeleanThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amAthan ArdeleanPROVING GROUND #9 12/4/20: GLADIATOR CONTESTSSat Dec 05, 2020 3:52 amProject: HonorThe Dragon LadySat Dec 05, 2020 3:17 amElena Rodriguez/ TDLChapter 4: All Roads Lead To LegacyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:58 amJames RavenTHE BUTTERFLY EFFECT: RAGNAROKThu Dec 03, 2020 5:54 amKallie ReznikCollateral DamageThu Dec 03, 2020 5:52 amContessa Floran
Top posting users this week
No user
Current Champions

Grand Champion - Dickie Watson

X-Factor Champion - Indy Darling

Warrior Rising Champion - Sarah Roberts

Tag Team Champions - Vacant
Upcoming Shows
Twitter
Affiliates

Go down
Emi Zane
Emi Zane

Purification Empty Purification

Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:45 pm

Without fail, it is always onto the next step. Bloodbath proved to be a bittersweet night overall but one that at least following her own match, brought a smile to the face of Zane. Everything she truly set out to do was accomplished and now she can face the next challenge, one Sarah Roberts, without issue. At least that’s how it should be. A quick rest and then the restart. There was no real time to recover though between her next booking, practice, tests and press junkets to voice her opinions on the changes to the Grand Prix format. Even today, on what was a lighter time, she had this promo, practice with both her fencing and figure skating coach, along the scheduled Co-Op taping and a livestream to finish the night. So there was no rest for her in the untouched room. Taking her routine trip into the Sanctuary of Accomplishment, Zane looked around, her gaze hollow save for the special mantle she had placed in following Bloodbath. She had to take one last look at it before leaving the room and heading downstairs. ‘Fuck You, I’m Better’ what a trophy. The reward was the one thing holding her together in a home she had to, in her mind, rebuild. Nearly everything had to go, needed to, for the sake of her security. Looking over at Jack, who she had placed on the couch earlier in the day so she can have someone to talk to while cleaning, Zane smiled a little bit, her expression quickly returning to a neutral one. Walking over, she approached the couch, adjusting her Diane Von Furstenberg Rocky Velvet Burnout Mini Dress, before taking a seat next to him. Wrapping her arms around in a warm embracing hug, she placed her face against his stuffed one and inhaled that scent, brandishing a smirk now.

“うーん...私の何かがおかしい...” (Mmm...something is wrong with me...)

The woman the world saw as their beloved Zane began to laugh at her own madness. Creating a short bit of distance between herself and Jack, she then placed her arm around him, letting out a soft sigh at about the same time. Leaning her head back against the couch, Zane looked over at her companion with a bit of a lost expression, neither frowning nor really smiling at his cute face.

“The flames were meant to purify, to get rid of everything tainted, but I still feel off. Ugh this is so frustrating! I need to just breathe, I’m overthinking things again, that’s got to be it. It’s simply mental cobwebs from that night which need to be shaken away. I’m better, the end and as far as he..”

A ping broke Zane from her train of thought. It was still a tiny bit early for the appointed limousine to have arrived so, out of curiosity, she grabbed her phone from the coffee table and took a look. Twitter, great. Opening the app, she saw she had a new DM. Rolling her eyes expecting the worst, as was the case usually, she looked. Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw that the message came not from someone pleasant, creepy, or otherwise, it definitely was the worst. Colton Saint. Simply thinking the name made her sigh. While initially going back to her feed, after scrolling through some nonsense, she went back to her DMs. She thought to herself that she shouldn’t even bother opening it, but unfortunately her curiosity was piqued to the point of no return. Reading the message rather quickly, Zane’s expression turned from one of grimace, to one of true confusion.

“We need to talk. So there is an explanation..”

Thinking back to that night, more specifically watching it on replay, there was one moment that kept causing her to rewind, review, reevaluate. She didn’t understand the hesitation, the look in his eyes right before she took advantage, and for a while she made the sad attempt to attribute it to exhaustion. They did, at that point batter each other bloody, but it didn’t make sense, even with that fact. Coupling the possibility of finding out what exactly happened, the fact that he’s admitting to gaining perspective has Zane already typing out the option of the two perhaps talking before Proving Ground. Turning slightly to the right so that her beloved Jack is in her sights, she then lets out a frustration filled huff. This is another game, it has to be.

“Nope! Nope! I can’t with this. Not now, not again. I did what I had to, proved my point. It’s time to move on, I have to...”

Her emotions getting the best of her, Zane fights back tears and deletes her message before it can be sent his way. He is the source of her impurity, her anguish, and nothing more. There is absolutely nothing redeemable present. Repeating that thought in her mind, she wiped her eyes and decided to send a different kind of message to him. Opting to report the DM, not to get him banned or anything, but simply to regain some semblance of control, Zane left it at that. She’s wasted enough of her time on Colton Saint and now he has to take his place behind her, forever punished with the image of the back of her head. Before she can voice this as a way to reassure herself that she’s doing the right thing, another ping echoes. A five minute warning, as per her request, was sent and with that she rose from the couch and made her final preparations. A bowl of salt that she had left on her kitchen counter was grabbed once she approached it. Not having felt the need to do this before, it felt strange but correct that Zane then made her way to the front door, right after taking a glance at her new stovetop. Placing the bowl down by the corner, she then rose from her feet as another ping sounded.

“There we go, just in case. Alright Jack, I’ll see you in a bit. Don’t let anything happen this time okay?”

Rushing back over to give her giant teddy bear a big hug, Zane then placed her phone in the purse that sat beside her baby bear, slinging it over her right shoulder before she darted back over by the front door. The young woman opened the closet right beside it and slipped on her pair of black Stuart Weitzman Hillia Ballet flats exiting her home soon after. Getting the pleasantries out of the way with the limousine driver, Zane then sat in the back of the stretched vehicle, allowing her mind the chance to wander at her own risk. Usually she felt a hint of excitement drowned in the desire to just hurry on with the next step in her agenda, but this time was different. She felt something long since forgotten creep into her mind and this did not please her one bit. It wasn’t so much the threat of Sarah Roberts, she knew she could take care of her quickly, it’s the threat of her own mind grabbing hold and dragging her further down the depths of despair. Despite going through what she did, the intense encounter and subsequent victory over that animal, nothing got better like she had hoped. If anything she had this newer pit in her core now and couldn’t shake it for a second’s worth of peace. Whether it was from the vaguely ominous words from a friend, her own void expanding, or something else, she wasn’t sure. All she knew was that, if this was left alone, it can lead to problems. So knowing nothing else, and sensing it wasn’t time to fade yet, she felt the urge to get rid of the threat.

The looming challenge was the how portion of it all. She had a limited amount of time before the next Project: Honor show and while the defense wouldn’t be impacted by this, future matches could so in her mind, this needed to be resolved yesterday. Zane wasn’t sure of, or really much cared for, how much time had gone by between getting picked up at her home and arriving at the desired location. She just knew she made it, which meant that it was time to focus her attention on the verbal barrage to come. Her day was a bit on the lighter side but she still knew she was crunched for time. After being let into the rented Los Angeles, Zane walked up to and greeted one of the main producers for the company with a bow. He did the same out of respect before walking her over to the set where several of the company’s stars were set to film today for various reasons.

“Zane! A pleasure as always. Thank you for meeting me out here for this. I know we usually head to locations you pick out beforehand, but with everything going on and the crews scrambling due to issues with management, unfortunately we couldn’t make that happen this go around.”

“Yeah it’s fine. Honestly I haven’t felt much like my usual self so this change isn’t throwing me off like it would normally.”

It was strange for her to just let that information out but with her mind as cloudy as it is, the full weight of the slip hasn’t hit her yet. In a few hours time she will surely cringe at this moment. For now though, all she could do is offer a halfhearted smile which brought about surface level concern.

“Is everything alright?”

“No... I can’t say that it is.”

“I’m sorry, is it anything you’d like to get off your chest before we get started? Or would you like to reschedule this for another time? Maybe add it to the time you’re set to be here on Tuesday to promote the new shop items?”

Surprising herself, Zane entertained the idea of putting this promotional effort off. Again, it wasn’t anything against Sarah or the company, she’s just felt incorrect since coming back from Bloodbath. Refusing to let temptation take hold of her anymore than it already has, Zane shook her head, offering up a smirk in defiance.

“You’re sweet. Let’s get this rolling, shall we?”

Nodding in understanding, he put himself to work and prepared the camera to begin recording, also adjusting the lighting at the same time. Meanwhile, Zane, after placing her purse down and out of view, moved into position so that, as it should always be, she is in the center frame. Receiving the signal that she may begin, the Crescent Moon showed that adorable smile so many have come to be familiar with, giving a little wave as well before lowering her hand and beginning her address.

“Greetings and good day to you my lovelies. It has been quite the crazy ride recently, hasn’t it? Heading into Project: Honor’s second pay-per-view event proved a much more difficult but defining time than the first. While yes, it was at Hell On Earth where I captured the Warrior Rising Championship in dominating fashion, Bloodbath provided an even greater victory for yours truly. Oh, but Zane, you didn’t come away as a double champion like originally anticipated, how are you not upset? It’s rather simple. What I gained that night goes beyond championships. I can win a title on any day, that night I ripped off a mask, that night I claimed superiority, supremacy that is undeniable, indisputable. Staring into the eyes of a man unhinged, I knew that he wasn’t the same miscreant that had been irritating me for months with sophomoric jabs. No, no. This was a warrior ready to do battle until the last breath, which is exactly what it took to vanquish him. I came away with a trophy, both physical and mental that indicates, whether he will ever admit it or not, that I am better. Though my blood was spilled, and mixed in with his, my crimson conquered his. Nothing could tarnish that moment, not even another round of thugs, and following the assist, to which I do give thanks, I was given the spotlight I deserve. I had my moment. With this weight off of my shoulders, I can move on with my journey to showcase why I am the best this company has to offer. I may not have the projected illusion of grandeur some may see as the top prize, but I am the one who brings out the best in my competition, just as I am the one who tears them down without having to resort to unsavory tactics. I prove with my ability, my resolve, that I am in a league of my own and that statement will continue with this next task at Proving Ground.”

Pausing in the name of the usual dramatics, Zane at the same time thought over how to approach matters with Sarah. While still a bit of a trope, she didn’t prove to be such a bother so she didn’t have the burning desire to make her cry, like she did with her last few opponents in Project: Honor.

“Now fittingly the upcoming broadcast will see me defend my Warrior Rising Championship once again, this time against the competitor who found themself on the winning end of that hellacious cage match, Sarah Roberts. Of course I made sure to keep a close eye on that match as there were a few people in there who brought challenges my way in tbe verbal sense and plus, I’m the prize in the end, the opportunity to share the ring with me, so I would have been foolish to miss out on the chance to scout. What I saw were hungry competitors, each with their own form of drive and a cagey grappler come away with the win. Sarah, you did an incredible job in such a structure, surrounded by chaos, so for that you deserve praise. I’ll even be generous and offer you some when it comes to your debut, though not as impressive showing wise as this match was. I can see why you were able to maintain a career in mixed martial arts for the time that you did. However, that is where my applause for you comes to an end. Your type is one I’ve faced off against on countless occasions and while you have heart, you don’t bring anything to the table that will warrant me feeling any type of threat. Will you give me a fairly decent match? Sure, give or take about nine minutes depending on how quickly you realize your wear down technique won’t exactly work against me. It’ll be a great show for the fans and give you a valuable lesson when it comes to big matchups against someone who knows their unbeatable value as a talent. I do hope you don’t see this as me underestimating you though, I would never be so disrespectful. I simply know where we stand and while you hold the height advantage, I firmly stand above you as an athlete.”

Letting out a girlish giggle, Zane then flashed a sheepish smile before letting out a fake gasp and continuing.

“My oh my Zane, how is it that in the face of every challenge you can be so confident? Don’t you ever have times where you’re shaken up or putting up a front? Well the second question has the simple answer of no. When it comes to my professions, my mind, body, spirit, and heart are all amazingly in sync. I know how to manage my time when it comes to honing my skills and I never settle. You add in the fact that I’m already on a level all my own and the gap will continue to widen over time. I refuse to become complacent and turn into a mockery of this business. It, as well as those who dedicate their time to it deserve better. So while I’m sure Sarah will become a champion here at some point if she absorbs the lesson I bestow her, that time will not be happening now and most certainly will not come at my expense. I have too much to prove.”

Her playful smile gave way to a more serious look, with a glint of something else that couldn’t be explained. Keeping her eyes locked with the lens, she proceeded with letting out her thoughts.

“So, look my precious ones, I’ll keep this simple for all of you. Roberts, while a bit on the dull side, isn’t one of the talents that I have to expose. There is no facade to tear down, and quite frankly I’m glad that is the case. She, while a bit on the troubled side, appears genuine and has the potential to conquer the stain that is attached to her name. I’d be wrong to do anything aside from respect that about her. This does not mean in any way that I will feel a thing in this match. My task is to go out there, assume control, assert dominance and continue on my journey following another victory. That is the plan and what will continue to happen until time is up. While a more tired soul will exclaim that the sooner others get that, the better it will be, that is just not my style. I love these little challenges. I love tasking myself with a new way to win, and most of all, I love the part where seeing me make my efforts mean something brings out more within you. We all deserve the chance to rise to what we can be and for me to contribute to that now, fills my heart with a sense of purpose. So take that as you will, but know that if you take it, and me, lightly, there’s a not so pleasant consequence. Don’t believe me? Just look at what happened to the last few who didn’t believe in what I already know. Now while I’m ready to take the next terrible step with no hesitation, know that there is always a different way things can be handled. Choose what is best for your future Sarah. That’s all I have to say on the matter.”

Raising her hand as if ready to bring things to a close with a snap, instead her index finger is pointed and a grin appears.

“Oh and by the way..you’re welcome.”

Shooting the camera a wink, Zane gave a bow. Looking up one final time from the bow, she snapped her fingers, bringing an end to the verbal portion of her next battle. Standing upright, she broke out into a short fit of giggles upon seeing the cameraman looking quite impressed.

“Powerful stuff as always Zane, and I love how you always manage to get things in one take.”

“Ehh when you’ve been dealing with this as long as I have and actually believe in what you say, it comes naturally. Anyway, thanks for having me and I’ll see you on Tuesday for the other stuff.”

Bidding the cameraman and additional crew member farewell, Zane grabbed her purse and made her way back over to the limousine provided by the company. Giving a bow to the driver, she watched as he opened the door for her, offering a smile before getting inside. A sigh escaped as the door was closed, the true toll once again being displayed through her tired expression. Always tired. A short bit of time had passed, some miles down the road covered when an idea sparked in her mind. Knowing deep down that she wasn’t in the right frame of mind, that she remained impure, she realized that the answer potentially rested with something she tried to move away from. Reflecting, she even knew that her choice to distance herself stemmed from familial issues, rather than her beliefs changing so it was only right to give a chance to something that could help wash it all away. Would this cause some chaos the rest of her day? Absolutely. It could very well be worth the hassle though so she had to try, anything to fix this, to fix herself. Speaking out to the driver, making sure she was loud enough to be heard but not come across as harsh, the moon maiden made a request.

“Hey, I don’t mean to throw off anything you got set for the day, but can we make a stop before heading back to my place?”

“Of course Ms. Kubo, that’s fine. Where are we headed?”

“Shusse Inari please. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Glad that there wasn’t any issue in making this happen, Zane relaxed as best as she could while the drive continued. Oh the irony, how she previously mocked others in the past for doing exactly what she was set to at this moment. The young champion managed a laugh at the thought. While she’s much nicer now in her approach and is genuinely trying to mature, not too much has changed overall and this was further evidence of that. Plus to be fair to herself, she is pushing the idea that it’s only the cleansing and that’s all. Whether this held true by the time she left was unknown. The limousine pulled up just short of her destination when Zane called out to the driver once again.

“You can stay right here, I won’t be long.”

Strapping herself in before making her exit, Zane eyed the vehicle one last time, her gaze then shifting over to the gorgeous shrine. Though it didn’t have the organic feel of Hikawa Shrine where she frequented back home, this place was still beautiful. Shinto Shrine of Shusse Inari in America, while the idea bordered on commercial in her mind, she still had some hope in her heart that it would serve the purpose. Zane paused on her trek though, thinking things over one more time for that extra boost of determination.

“So it’s really come to this, huh? So be it. I will rid myself of you. 正当化はありません、あなたは呪われた下品な悪魔です、そして私はあなたを私の人生、私の偽りの光から追い出します..then..maybe if I’m lucky, I can live. I doubt it, but it’s nice to dream.” (There is no justification, you are a cursed vulgar demon, and I will expel you from my life, my false light..)

Continuing forward, Zane marched with purpose to the shrine. Though she was uncertain of just what they would be able to offer her as she hadn’t been to one in this country before, the young champion wouldn’t let that stop her from seeking cleansing. After all, what good is a warrior with a warped mind anyway? She owed it to her supporters, her detractors, and all in between to continue being a worthy champion. This was the only path untaken since this whole mess started, and could be the key step in turning her mental fortunes around. Might as well give it a chance.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum