Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Introduce YourselfThu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 amProject: HonorDylan GatesThu Dec 17, 2020 1:45 amDylan GatesJoseph HollandThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amJoseph HollandArthan ArdeleanThu Dec 17, 2020 1:01 amAthan ArdeleanPROVING GROUND #9 12/4/20: GLADIATOR CONTESTSSat Dec 05, 2020 3:52 amProject: HonorThe Dragon LadySat Dec 05, 2020 3:17 amElena Rodriguez/ TDLChapter 4: All Roads Lead To LegacyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:58 amJames RavenTHE BUTTERFLY EFFECT: RAGNAROKThu Dec 03, 2020 5:54 amKallie ReznikCollateral DamageThu Dec 03, 2020 5:52 amContessa Floran
Top posting users this week
No user
Current Champions

Grand Champion - Dickie Watson

X-Factor Champion - Indy Darling

Warrior Rising Champion - Sarah Roberts

Tag Team Champions - Vacant
Upcoming Shows
Twitter
Affiliates

Go down
Project: Honor
Admin
https://projecthonor.forumotion.com

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 Empty PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:04 am
PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 NtOJO5x

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 2xrdk4r

After the logo flashes on the screen, the scene fades into the TD Garden located in Boston, Massachusetts. Blue and white pyro light up the stage. “Mouth for War” by Pantera starts to play for the SOLD OUT crowd as they are on their feet holding various signs throughout the crowd. The camera pans around to show most of them.

“IT’S SPOOKY SEASON!”
“STEELE CAN SPEAR ME ANY TIME”
“THE JAY-TRAIN IS HERE BABY!”
“WE LOVE FRESH MEAT!”
“DOES PREDATOR CREEP ANYONE ELSE OUT?!’”

As “Mouth for War” continues to play at a lower volume, the camera cuts to the announcers at ringside. The crowd stays on their feet.

TREY BOOKER: Welcome back to the SIXTH edition of Proving Ground. You know me as Trey Booker alongside my partner J.T. Price!

J.T. PRICE: Why do you always say my name for me? I’m about to take over next time and say yours instead!

TREY BOOKER: You’re starting with me, already?! Focus on getting the show started, damn.

J.T. PRICE: Fine! There’s a lot of shit happening tonight before we get to Bloodbath.

TREY BOOKER: Well, he’s not wrong. From the Rookie Showcase, to the Warrior Rising Championship Match, and so on, we have a jam packed show here in the TD Garden, just two weeks away from our second ever PPV; BLOODBATH!

J.T. PRICE: Absolutely. There’s going to be a lot of shit on the line tonight as people earn their spots. Wait- hold on. We’re getting something through the headsets right now.

Both Trey and J.T. have their hands pressed against their headphones, pushing them closer to their ears. Simultaneously, they let go.

TREY BOOKER: Some interesting news for us tonight. I’ve heard that both Chairman Rock Johnson and General Manager Callum Walker will be making announcements tonight regarding Bloodbath.

J.T. PRICE: That’s all the info we have currently, so stay tuned throughout the show, don’t fast forward through anything, and make sure you have your snacks ready! IT’S PROVING GROUND TIME!

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 CTtIfA6

The camera immediately cuts from the announcer table to the stage. “Mouth for War” by Pantera begins to play. Callum Walker walks out to a huge pop from the crowd. Cheers fill the arena as the Proving Ground General Manager steps out with a mic in hand and dressed in a full suit. He pauses right in the middle of the stage and takes in the reaction from the crowd.

CALLUM WALKER: Yeaaaaaah! Every show is like this and it just keeps getting better. You lot are amazing, so give yourselves a round of applause.

Everyone in attendance starts to clap while the camera circles around showing each and every one of them. Some even clap their hands in a circle because they listen well and actually give a round of applause.

CALLUM WALKER: Alright, so you all were made aware that I was going to be out at some point and I just knew you couldn’t wait to hear from me. That being said, I came out right after and boy do we have some stuff for you.

CROWD: WHAT?!

CALLUM WALKER: Where do we even begin… Let’s work our way up the chain here. As you all know, we announced before that Bloodbath was not only going to have a Halloween Costume Contest, but that unless otherwise stated, every match was going to be contested under hardcore rules. To start us out, we have high expectations for the Costume Contest. We’ve already seen and heard some of your ideas for what you’ll be wearing and to be quite frank with you, I’m probably most excited for that. I don’t think in my years of being in the wrestling industry that I’ve ever seen a costume contest LIVE at a wrestling PPV. The excitement is real right now! Do your best and let’s have fun with it.

Now, I’ve heard your questions and I’m here to answer them. A lot of people have wondered if there’s going to be a prize for winning said contest. After some contemplation and talking with Mr. Johnson, we’ve come to a conclusion. There will be a prize, absolutely, but we will not announce it until after the winner is crowned. Let it be known, the prize will be more than worth the time and effort put into the costume. I will say again, do your best and let’s have fun with it, but know that the winner has a special prize coming their way.

‘Ooh’s’ and ‘Ah’s’ are heard scattered throughout the arena.

CALLUM WALKER: Moving along now… Not to state the obvious or anything, but Project: Honor currently has three Championship belts; Warrior Rising, X-Factor, and the Grand Championship. Zane currently holds the Warrior Rising, Colton Saint holds the X-Factor, and with a defense just this last show, Dickie still holds the Grand Title. With Zane defending her Title in this very ring tonight, that leaves Colton as the only one to have yet to defend his, which we’ll get to in a second. There will be a couple #1 Contendership Matches to take place at Bloodbath. The Warrior Rising Championship will have one and so will the X-Factor Championship.

For the Warrior Rising Championship, I wanted to do something different. Something that screams Bloodbath and just makes sense. The #1 Contendership Match for the Warrior Rising Championship will be contested in a… RAGE IN A CAGE MATCH! Eight human bodies will enter the cage and in elimination rules, one will remain. That remaining body will become the #1 Contender for the Warrior Rising Championship! Those eight names will be announced later on tonight.

As for the X-Factor Championship, I’m still trying to think of what’s best to get Colton to defend it, but there is something that we need to do to that Title. Back when we had Proving Ground every week, it made sense to have that stipulation on the belt to where the holder had to defend it twice in order to turn it in for a shot at the Grand Championship. FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, that stipulation no longer exists. The X-Factor Championship will act just as a normal mid-tier type Championship. So, Colton, I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough just when you’re going to defend that belt.

The Grand Championship was just defended last week so Dickie is now looking for someone to come along and stand up. Do what Jacob Steele did and challenge the top guy in the company. You saw what happened in that Fans Bring the Weapons Match, do you think you have what it takes to fight for the most prestigious Title in Project: Honor? Dickie has the final say, so prove your worth.

Callum pauses for a brief second.

CALLUM WALKER: All that being said… I’ll be back later tonight to announce the contestants in the Warrior Rising Championship and whatever else that needs to be announced. I bid you all farewell and enjoy the show as usual.

“Mouth for War” by Pantera hits the speakers and the crowd begins cheering. Callum exits backstage.

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 EJ471vS

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 4eGc2qE

DING! DING! DING!

HOLLY PEREZ: Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is a one on one match set for one fall with the only ways to win being pinfall, submission, disqualification, or count out.  Entering first...

The crowd gasps as the arena lights lower the arena into darkness, only for red lights to flash to life on cue with the starting riff of  "I Hope You Suffer" by AFI

"I got two letters from you
Last words of the runaway
Your love was written so true
And now I can't speak your name
I faced destruction and you
just killed me and walked away"

The stage fills with smoke as the crowd murmurs with a mixture of confusion and apathy.

"I gave my heart to the cruel
Now it will not beat again"

The lights flash back on in bright blinding white as Daniel Horror charges through the curtain and onto the smoke filled stage.

HOLLY PEREZ: Standing 6'1'' and weighing in at 215 lbs, hailing from Chicago, Illinois: "The Daredevil" Daniel Horror!

Daniel makes his trek down the ramp stoically as his music blares over the mixed crowd reaction.

TREY BOOKER: Daniel Horror is a man without peers.  

J.T. PRICE: That's a nice way to say he has no friends.

TREY BOOKER: You joke, but Horror doesn't care about your opinion.  Horror doesn't care about anyone's opinion of him.  We've got a locker room full of young and hopeful talents with a chip on their shoulder to prove themselves to the fans at home and management, and Horror simply doesn't care what anyone thinks.  There's a power to that sort of self-confidence.  Daniel Horror doesn't want to impress critics, have the match of the night, or be number one in some fan zine list of greatest wrestlers because in Daniel Horror's mind he has nothing to prove to anyone.

J.T. PRICE: Maybe he should start caring what people say about him.  Maybe he'd get some good advice from it and start actually winning matches.

Horror rolls into the ring as his music stops playing and the "2001: A Space Odyssey" theme starts to pipe through the PA as the stage floor parts and a rocket starts slowly raising out of the orchestra pit.

HOLLY PEREZ: And his opponent, standing 5'8'' and weighing in at 185 lbs, hailing from Houston, Texas; "The Master of the Universe" Ace Sky!

The rocket's pod door opens and Ace Sky steps out in an aviator jacket.  The music switches over to "Warrior Man" by Dr. Dog on cue with Sky throwing up the peace sign.  He starts jogging to the ring, high fiving every fan in passing that he can manage.

TREY BOOKER: What an entrance for the Astro-hero here tonight.

J.T. PRICE: He's talking about Ace Sky, folks.  Trey, don't confuse the fine people at home with this man's laundry list of nicknames.

TREY BOOKER: Wow, way to sound jealous about a man's nickname game...

J.T. PRICE: I'm not, but as far as I can tell these are all self-appointed nicknames which is the lamest thing ever.  Do something, and then maybe you'll earn a nickname, kid.

Sky hops up onto the apron and slingshot flips himself over the top rope, landing into a perfect handspring before charging the stoic Horror with a series of head flips that ends with Sky landing on his feet right in Horror's face with his hand extended out to "The Daredevil".  Horror sneers and shoves him back.

DING! DING! DING!

Horror and Sky circle, looking for an opening to lock up.  Horror teases a few lunges, but the Galaxy Guru wags his finger and abstains from taking part in the match.  As they continue to circle, the frustrated Horror lunges in looking for an elbow collar tie-up, but Sky clasps his hands in a meditative prayer pose and breaks free of the lockup.  Horror takes a bold swing at Sky, who parries and puts up his hands defensively.

ACE SKY: Stop, Daniel.  Stop.  You're lashing out in anger and I know why.

Horror puts his hands on his hips and tilts his head in frustration, reluctantly ready to take in what the Galaxy Guru has to say if it’ll start the action.

ACE SKY: You want to show these people here tonight that you're not just some backyard hardcore guy.  You want to show them you can wrestle.  I won’t make a joke out of you, Danny.  I know everyone does.  So please, shake my hand and we'll give these people a clinic.  Whaddaya say, folks? Do you want to see Daniel wrestle?

The crowd in attendance cheers as Horror's snarl softens.  He nods in agreement, shakes Ace's hand, and the two are back to circling and sizing one another up.

TREY BOOKER: Interesting, the Sky Soldier seems to have gotten through to Daniel Horror.

J.T. PRICE: So you're just going to continue this man's agenda of putting over every single nickname?  Got it.  He's talking about Ace Sky, folks.  I swear to you, I have two pages in my run sheet that's solely devoted to this man's nicknames.

Horror and Ace finally lock horns in the center of the ring.  Horror quickly twists through and tries to pressure Sky down with the fujiwara, but Sky rolls through the wrench and quickly slides behind Horror.  Waist lock take down on Horror by Sky.  Horror tries to sit up out of it, but Sky's on his back and spins his body around into a front chancery on Horror.  Horror struggles in the hold as Sky wrenches on the neck.  Horror tries to roll out, but Sky follows him with the gator roll.  Horror tries to roll back the way he came, but Sky's still hanging on tight in that gator roll clench.  Horror teases rolling toward the ropes, and then instead rolls the opposite direction, freeing himself of the front chancery as the two men get to their feet and stare one another down as the crowd applauds.

TREY BOOKER: Smart move by Horror to counter.

J.T. PRICE: Smart's a strong word, but I will give him credit for showing signs of having common sense for once.

Ace applauds Horror, who seems non-plus by the positive reinforcement and responds to it with a basement dropkick to the knee.  Ace falls into the kneel as Horror gets to his feet and pops him into the corner with a gross front dropkick.  Horror rushes Ace before he can gain his composure.  Hard irish whip out of the corner, but Horror pulls Ace back and hammer throws him sternum first into the turnbuckle and then rushes in with a shoulder block to the lower lumbar for extra damage.  Ear clap from behind by Horror sends Ace Sky reeling out of the corner as Horror hops up onto the second strand in the corner.  Horror dives at Ace, looking for the double axe handle, but Sky ducks the axe handle and lays a hard haymaker into the gut of Horror.  Horror's keeled over gasping for air as Ace Sky hits the ropes and comes back, hopping in Horror's arms, before taking him over with the flying snapmare.  Horror staggers to his feet, only for Sky to charge again with a flying headlock takeover.  Sky holds the side headlock on the ground as Horror fights for air.  Daniel manages to get his foot on the bottom rope as the referee steps in with the four count.

ONE!
TWO!
THREE!
FOU-

Ace Sky breaks the hold and hops to his feet, bowing to the ref in respect as the crowd applauds.  An unamused Horror pulls himself up with the ropes and lunges at Sky with a flying clothesline attempt, but Sky ducks the line and springs up to the middle rope.  Sky turns mid-air, looking for Meteora, but Horror side-steps and lets Sky come crashing down onto his knees.  Horror charges him, corkscrewing through the air as he looks for the Horror Special, but Sky rolls out of harm's way.  Horror's toe jambs into the mat hard.  Sky head flips up off of the mat right into a hurricanrana on Daniel Horror.  Horror goes sailing across the ring and rolls to the outside as Sky lands in the crouching hero pose with his hands clasped in front of him.

TREY BOOKER: The Galaxy Guru clears the ring to find his center.

J.T. PRICE: I'm not into this new age crap, but the way you sell this guy's nickname leaves me screaming SERENITY NOW!

Horror pounds the apron with his fists in frustration.  Sensing a disturbance in the force, Sky walks over to the ropes and holds them open for Horror politely as the crowd gives him a standing O for his sportsmanship.  Horror's body tenses with frustration as he pulls at his remaining hair in psychotic agitation.  He takes a swipe at Sky's leg, but Ace hops it easily and slides through the middle rope to the outside apron.  Horror hops up on the apron with him and lunges at Sky with a rope-assist enziguri.  Sky swats Horror's feet away and leaps onto his shoulders, looking for another hurricanrana to toss Horror down on the floor.  Horror tosses him off, sending Sky flipping down to the floor and landing on his feet.  Horror dives off with an axe handle just as Sky finds his feet and crumples Sky with the hard axe handle shot.  Horror grabs Sky by the neck and drives him back first into the barricade with a gross russian leg sweep.  Both meen crash into the unforgiving railing, but Horror seems relatively unphased.  Horror gains wrist control and whips Sky off of the ground and right into the ring post.  Horror, smiling sadistically stalks Sky around the ring as Ace alternates from holding his back and head.  Horror stalks in behind and grabs Sky by the neck and lower back and beals him into the barricade.  The ref threatens to start counting, but Horror turns and gives him the double bird.

TREY BOOKER: Horror better keep his eyes on the opponent and not the ref.  Ace Sky's had his number until mere minutes ago.

J.T. PRICE: Speaking of your friendly neighborhood spaceman, where the hell is Sky?  Ya see, Trey? That's how nicknames work.  I gave him one, now it sticks.

Horror turns his attention back to Sky, only to realize that he's disappeared from ringside.  Horror sneers at the ref.

DANIEL HORROR: Where the hell did he go!?!

REF: Get back in the ring before I count you out!

One!
Two!
Three!

Horror looks over the barricade, behind the ring steps, and under the ring, but to no avail.  After throwing his hands up in frustration, he flips off the crowd and rolls back into the ring.

DANIEL HORROR: Count'em out!

Four!
Five!
Six!

TREY BOOKER: Horror's going to take the countout!

J.T. PRICE: What else can he do in this situation? It seems as if your buddy the walking wellness violation has yeeted off into another plane of existence mid-match. And there’s another nickname.  I’m on a roll, Book!

Seven!
Eight!

As the crowd boos Horror posturing in the ring and hurrying the ref, Ace Sky rolls out from under the ring and slides in behind Horror and cracks him across the neck with a bludgeoning forearm shot.  Sky hops onto Horror's shoulder and looks for the poison rana, but Horror throws Ace's legs off and hops backwards onto Sky's shoulders as he starts to rise off of the canvas and flips backwards into a skull planting poison rana of his own in the center of the ring.  Horror turns Sky over and covers.

ONE!
TWO!

Sky kicks out at the last second, but Horror catches his arm out of the kick out and use's Sky's own momentum to pull him into a Fujiwara armbar.  Lost and Damned is locked in tight, but Sky presses himself up out of the submission and slides underneath Horror, effectively pulling him into a school boy.  Horror immediately kicks out of the counter cover, but sky shoots in for the front facelock and grounds Horror once again with the front chancery.  Sky kicks his feet up over himself and bridges forward, pulling Horror's neck back into a modified Namaste Lock! Horror's quick to rake the eyes though and breaks the bridge with a swift kick to the calf of Ace.  Daniel breaks the chin lock and transitions into a head and arm choke on Sky.  Horror rolls over Sky, placing the Ace on his stomach, rolls backward, transitioning the head and arm choke and quickly flips over into a bridge of his own!

TREY BOOKER: HORROR DEATH TRAP!  HORROR DEATH TRAP!

J.T. PRICE: Amazing counter wrestling on display by both men, but I think Sky's foot is too close to the ropes.

Sky's legs desperately kick as his foot searches for the ropes.  Horror notices, and tries desperately to kick Ace's foot away from the bottom strand.  Sensing a lack of stability in the bridge with Horror kicking at his feet, Ace tries to push up with his free arm to leverage out of the Horror Death Trap.  Predicting Sky's intention, Horror breaks the chancery and drops back down into the fujiwara armbar, but Sky is ready for the mid-move adjustment and easily floats Horror over into the school boy once again.

ONE!
TWO!

Horror scissors the covering arm and twists it around into a modified key lock with his legs.  Sky instinctively shoots his free arm out to grab the bottom rope before Horror can snake the already worked over limb.

ONE!
TWO!
THREE!
FOUR!

Horror rises up with Sky's arm still locked between his ankles and twists his body around with a gross hammerlock wringer that breaks the hold.  Horror slowly lifts Sky off of the canvas by the throat, and signals this match is drawing to an end.

TREY BOOKER:  Horror, now slapping Sky as he holds him up by the throat.  

J.T. PRICE: He's paint brushing him, maybe trying to bring Ace back to the land of the living long enough to eat a Chicago Destroyer.

Horror lets go of the groggy Sky and charges the ropes.  Horror hops up onto the middle rope, but just as he goes sailing through the air, Sky leaps up and catches Horror's head with the poison rana.  Horror rolls through the rana to his feet behind Sky.  Sky turns in time to duck the line.  He tries to snag Horror's free hand and whip him into the ropes, but Horror stops the irish whip attempt in its tracks and pulls Sky back in for the ripcord setup.  He spins Sky around, looking for the Horror Peacemaker, but Sky ducks the line.  Horror lets his momentum carry him forward and springboards off of the ropes.  Sky turns and eats the Chicago Destroyer!  Horror covers!

ONE!
TWO!
THREE!

DING! DING! DING!

HOLLY PEREZ: Ladies and gentlemen, your winner via pinfall: "The Daredevil" Daniel Horror!

The crowd murmurs in apathy as "I Hope You Suffer" by AFI blares through the PA. As the ref raises Horror's hand out of the pin fall cover, Daniel pulls away and rolls out of the ring and heads up the ramp, taking in none of the fanfare or accolades as he heads to the back.

TREY BOOKER: Daniel Horror doesn't care what we think of him.  Win, lose, draw, the only opinion that matters is his own.

J.T. PRICE: Horror showed us that he can grapple with the best of them in that ring if motivated to do so, but with Daniel Horror as Daniel Horror's only motivator, what's the likelihood of him pulling out the vic on a bad day?  I mean, we've seen the man has more bad than good.

TREY BOOKER: Well tonight was a good one, and I hope we see more in the future.

Horror charges through the curtain and disappears into gorilla as the camera fades to commercial.

(Scene opens in the back halls of the TD Garden. We can see Caliban standing with his right foot up on a chair. He is tightening his boot laces. A stagehand walks over with a clipboard and a headset on)

STAGEHAND: Mr….

(He looks down at his clipboard, then back up)

STAGEHAND: ...Caliban. I was told to come make sure you are ready. Your match is up next.

(Caliban finishes tying his boot and then places it on the ground so that he is squarely looking at the young stagehand)

CALIBAN: Thank you. I am ready. I am ready to make my Project Honor debut. I am ready to etch my name into the minds of the Project Honor viewers. I am ready to make sure that everyone knows my name.

(Caliban puts one hand on the stagehands shoulder and uses the other to take the clipboard from him)

CALIBAN: So that when people do come looking for me...they don’t have to look at a clipboard to remember my name.

STAGEHAND: Well...I’m sorry, sir. It’s just that there has been these conflicting reports between you calling yourself Caliban...and you mentioned your real name being Christian DeMarco.

(Caliban’s solemn look turns to one of fury and hate)

CALIBAN: Now you listen and listen good. My name is Caliban. Don’t EVER call me by that trifle name. Do you see what it says on this clipboard?

(Caliban brings the clipboard close to the stagehand’s face)

STAGEHAND: Y-y-yes, sir.

CALIBAN: I am trying to be a good man here, son. I am trying to be forgiving...but you make it so damn hard. It says Caliban. Nowhere on this sheet does it say Christian...nor does it say DeMarco. And when I SIGNED THAT CONTRACT...I signed it as Caliban.

STAGEHAND: My apologies...sir.

CALIBAN: Apology accepted.

(Caliban hands the clipboard back to the stagehand, a smile now on his face. He fixes the stagehands headphones, then his shirt collar)

CALIBAN: I thank you for your understanding in this...matter. Have you alerted the others yet?

STAGEHAND: Not yet, sir. You were the first one they pointed out to me.

CALIBAN: Well go ahead and let them know that I’ll be waiting for them. And you, sir, have a splendid day.

STAGEHAND: You too, sir.

(The stagehand grips his clipboard with both hands and walks off as Caliban sneers at him, behind his back. Caliban himself, then turns and makes his way to get ready for his match)

With the next match of the night rapidly approaching, we are treated to a view of the backstage area near the Gorilla position. Indy Darling is keeping loose by bouncing from one foot to the other, his fists clenched and raised into a guarded position. He is wearing his sleeveless ring jacket with the hood pulled up, his sunglasses are in place, and a lit cigarette is hanging from his lips as usual. Doc Miyagi is nearby, and while the camera does not immediately pick up his comments, we can assume that he is perhaps giving his pupil some last minute advice or firing him up with words of encouragement. Crystal Ward then comes into view with a microphone at the ready, and when Indy sees her out of the corner of his eye, he briefly pauses his routine to react with an incredulous shake of his head.

CRYSTAL WARD: Indy! I’m glad I was able to catch you before your debut match tonight. I want to apologize for your segment getting cut from the final copy of our last Proving Ground episode, and I thought I might make amends by getting your last minute thoughts before the Rookie Showcase.

Crystal sticks the microphone towards Indy’s face, who gives her a blank stare from behind his dark glasses. After the pause of an uncomfortable silence, Crystal slowly pulls the mic back. Indy then continues with his warm-up routine without saying a word. Doc Miyagi, on the other hand, motions for Crystal to give him an opportunity to speak.

CRYSTAL WARD: Well, how about a few words from his manager, Dr. Dalton Miyagi instead…

Doc Miyagi: I assure you, Crystal, I have never seen Indy more prepared for a fight in all the years I’ve known him. His opponents have thrown out some colorful words and catch-phrases that may look good on their cheap merchandise, but backing those words up will be another matter entirely. Have no doubt, while the legitimacy of his opponents remains in question, Indy can back up everything he says and then some.

CRYSTAL WARD: That’s a very good point, Mr. Miy…

Doc quickly pulls the mic back to interject.

Doc Miyagi: That’s Dr. Miyagi. Anything less and I’ll have copyright lawyers crawling up my dojo.

CRYSTAL WARD: Right...of course. That’s a great point, Dr. Miyagi has made. Indy, Would you like to add further comments regarding your three opponents here tonight?

Once again, Crystal puts the mic in Indy’s face, breaking his focus and interrupting his warm-up. When Indy pauses from his routine a second time, he reaches up to pull the sunglasses away from his eyes, pulls his cigarette away with the other hand, and gives Crystal an annoyed sideways glare.

Indy Darling: Seriously? I’m getting ready to steal the show in my in-ring debut for Project: Honor against three guys who have everything to prove and nothing to lose, and you want me to add more fuel to the fire after trash-talking them all week?

Once again there is a pregnant pause of uncertainty and uncomfortable silence as Indy turns his head to stare directly at the backstage reporter. Finally, Crystal Ward shrugs her shoulders in response, hoping to draw more out of “Everyone’s Favorite”. Indy then reacts to Crystal with a mocking shrug of his own before cutting the tension.

Indy Darling: Sure, why not? You’ve got a wannabe therapist in Caliban, whose psychiatric credentials I’m beginning to question. Here’s hoping he writes himself a prescription for some of those sweet antipsychotics and hugs it out with his inner jobber. Then there’s Nat Walker, who thinks his face can get media attention when he looks like he just walked out of a Kentucky coal mine. He’d have better luck getting on the news if he kept driving around schools with Pat the Postman. Rounding out the top three on Indy’s hitlist is Alex Slayer, who’s hellbent on taking Project: Honor by storm with his impeccable training and confusing pedigree. Sure, he talked his fair amount of trash, but he also came in to pinch hit in the final inning and hit a “Gawd Damned” line drive into center. So props for that, at least. What’s that, Crystal? Did you ask me what my point was?

Indy motions for Crystal to take the ball and run with it, which she does after taking a brief moment to decipher the clues he’s given.

CRYSTAL WARD: Um...what’s your point?

Indy Darling: I’m so glad you asked, Crystal. The point is this; no matter how impressive or uninspired my opponent’s may have seemed so far, they all made one simple mistake. They brought up my family, my trainer, my past. Only the past is just that, and the future is getting ready to step through those curtains. While they’re digging up dirt, my focus is straight ahead, and I won’t be slowed down by a prophet of Gepetto, a slinger of curse words with delusions of grandeur, or the “Gawd Damned” walking dictionary of wrestling styles.

Indy flicks the lit end of his cigarette off and reaches out to hand the extinguished butt to the reporter. She reaches up reluctantly, starts to jerk her hand back, and then ultimately decides to accept the disgusting gift she’s been given.

Indy Darling: I’ll be back to sign that for you if you want. The only difference between now and then is that I’ll be the only participant in this Rookie Showcase who’s still undefeated in Project: Honor. Because I’m Indy Darling, and that’s not just good enough, it’s better than everyone else.

Indy places his sunglasses back over his eyes and steps out of the camera’s view to continue his warm-up routine. Crystal’s gaze follows him as she still holds up the hand containing her strange memento. Before Dr. Miyagi follows Indy out of sight, he looks at Crystal, holds his index finger and thumb to the side of his face, and mouth’s the words, “call me”. With that, the duo are gone, leaving one confused reporter standing alone with a befuddled expression.

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 AKQ3IDs

The show comes back to the three of the fatal four-way participants already in the ring as Caliban comes down to the ring to “Popular Monster” by Falling In Reverse and the sound of a mixed reaction crowd in attendance.

HOLLY PEREZ: The following contest is a Fatal Four-Way Rookie Showcase set for one fall!  Heading to the ring standing 6 foot even and weighing in at 226 lbs, hailing from Apple Valley, Minnesota; he Is “The Reckoning” Caliban!

TREY BOOKER: Caliban, quite the blue chip prospect here in Project: Honor, but it’s not an unfamiliar name to some folks at home.

J.T. PRICE: By no means is this man a rookie in the grand scheme of things, but it doesn’t matter what you’ve done out in the world, it matters what you’ve done here in the great battle grounds of Project: Honor.

HOLLY PEREZ: And his opponent, standing 6’3’’ and weighing in at 223 lbs, hailing from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada by way of Nagaokakyō Kyoto, Japan; “The Rated R Reaper” Alex Slayer!

TREY BOOKER: Slayer with quite the entrance during the commercial break.  Did someone tell him this was basically a dry run?

J.T. PRICE: First impressions are lasting, Book, and if this man’s laundry list of signature offensive moves and holds wont captivate, then that entrance will certainly stick with those in attendance tonight.

HOLLY PEREZ: And their opponent, standing 5’11’’ and weighing in at 203 lbs, hailing from Minneapolis, Minnesota: “The Star” Nat Walker!

TREY BOOKER: Speaking of egos, this kid definitely seems to think the world owes him something.

J.T. PRICE: Maybe it does? Keep your eyes on him and maybe you’ll find out just why he thinks he’s worthy of being the center of attention.

HOLLY PEREZ:...and the final competitor in this match, standing 6 foot even and weighing in at 215 lbs; hailing from Indianapolis, Indiana, he is “Everyone’s Favorite” Indy Darling!

J.T. PRICE: We’ve got wrestling royalty before us here tonight.

HOLLY PEREZ: You wouldn’t know it from the looks of things.  Someone should tell this kid about the motto “dress to impress”.  I’ve seen better clothes on a Goodwill mannequin.

DING! DING! DING!

As the bell sounds, Slayer, Darling, and Caliban rush to the center of the ring as Nat Walker rolls to the outside and plays to the front row as the three men in the ring look on in disgust.  Without warning, Slayer judo throws Darling and goes for the lateral press, but Caliban is quick to stomp down to break up the pinfall attempt.  Slayer dodges the break up, causing Caliban to plant a foot into the midsection of an unsuspecting Indy Darling as Slayer rises off of the mat with a rising European uppercut.  Caliban answers back with one of his own, sending Slayer staggering into the ropes.  Slayer lets the momentum carry him into the ropes and comes back with a shoot kick to the chest of Caliban.  He follows up with a jumping enziguri and pulls Caliban into a quick victory roll, but Indy Darling shoves both men out of the cover and cracks Alex Slayer with a brutal shining wizard as he comes up out of the cover that sends him falling to the outside, where a startled Nat Walker hops up on the apron like a shocked housewife seeing a mouse scurry across the kitchen floor.  Indy Darling meets him at the pass with a hard right to the jaw and grabs Nat in a front facelock and starts dragging him into the ring forcefully between the top and middle rope. As Nat struggles to pull free, Caliban hits the ropes behind Indy Darling, bounds across the ring, leap frogs over Indy and comes down with a hard body guillotine that sends Nat crumpling to the mat and rolling to the outside clutching his lower back.  Indy spins Caliban around and goes for an irish whip, but Caliban reverses the whip and sends Indy into the ropes.  Indy hops up and springboards off of the middle, turning in mid-air as he comes down with a standing rolling senton on Caliban.  Caliban catches Indy mid-air and drops him hard with a shallow powerbomb.  Before he can capitalize, Alex Slayer’s back in, clasping Caliban’s hips from behind.  Belly-to-back suplex puts Caliban down.  Slayer contemplates the pin, but sees Indy Darling staggering up to his feet.  Slayer spins and pops him hard with a roaring mafia kick!

J.T. PRICE: Black Sabbath!  Black Sabbath connects!

HOLLY PEREZ: Yeah, but Slayer’s taking too much time to revel his handiwork.  

Nat Walker springboards off of the apron out of nowhere with a hard clothesline to Alex Slayer.  As Slayer rushes to his feet, Nat’s there to meet him with a hard chop to the throat.  The caught off guard Slayer goes for a wild kick, but Nat slaps it away and pokes the “Strong Arm Alchemist” in the eye.  Brutal kick to the gut catches the off-guard Caliban as he dizzily rises to his feet.  Walker snakes his head into a side headlock, and grabs Slayer’s head over his shoulder and plants both with a combination headlock and snapmare driver.  Nat kips up to his feet with his arms outstretched, soaking in the crowd’s negative reaction.

Nat Walker: All...Eyes...On...Oh God!

Indy Darling runs in looking for the float-over DDT, but Nat ducks out of the front facelock last second, shoves Indy into the ropes, and goes for a float-over DDT of his own, but Indy holds the DDT as Nat tries desperately to pull him down.  Indy deadlifts Nat up on his shoulders and goes for the spin-out fireman’s carry neckbreaker, but Nat Walker reverses last second and yanks Indy down across his knees with a backstabber.  Shocked and horrified by his own actions, Walker backpedals into the corner covering his mouth at what he’s done to Indy.  He looks around at the fallen competitors in the match, nods to himself and quickly crawls back in for the cover.

ONE!
TWO!

Alex Slayer’s the first up to his feet and lunges toward Nat with a falling kick to break the cover.  Nate, stunned by the kick, starts crawling away as Alex Slayer rises to his feet and stalks “The Star” with malicious intent.  Nat finds himself with nowhere to run as he hits the corner.  He turns and starts begging off Slayer.  Just as Slayer seems to show pity for the coward laying before him, he shoots down a hand.  Nat takes the opportunity to try and shoot in for a low blow, but Slayer is quick to spin kick Nat’s hand away and yank him up off of the mat right into a falling Ura-nage.  Nat’s head plants hard into the mat as the proud and malicious slayer hovers over his body.

J.T. PRICE: I think Alex is ready to put Nat away.

HOLLY PEREZ: Yeah, but this isn’t a one-on-one match Price.  Look who's up!

As Slayer mockingly rabbit kicks the ribs of Nat to confirm he’s showing signs of life, Caliban rises up off of the mat behind him, does a lap of the ring, and charges in with a gross northern lariat attempt, but Alex Slayer ducks it and lets Caliban go flying into the turnbuckle, punching the outside ringpost inadvertently as he does so.  Slayer shoots in behind and flings Caliban out of the corner with a high angle german suplex, but holds on for the ride as he lifts the still somewhat struggling Caliban up and dunks him with another german in center ring.  Alex struggles to pull the dead weight of Caliban up for one more final german to complete ‘Multiplex’, but as he struggles to pull Caliban’s now limp body upright, Nat Walker comes spinning in from out of nowhere with a discus forearm!  Nat crashes into Alex Slayer with full force and falls into the cover as Caliban crumples to the mat.

ONE!
TWO!

J.T. PRICE: Kickout at two!

HOLLY PEREZ:  Uh oh, here come the waterworks.

Nat Walker sits up out of the cover, half-dead from the beating from Slayer as he does so.  He looks at the ref with a mixture of shock, horror, and disgust.  He swats him away from checking on Slayer and quickly sets to work crossing Alex’s wrists and ankles on the mat.  After finally finishing his handiwork, he hurriedly rolls Slayer over, trapping him in a Paradise Lock!  Just as Nat dusts his hands off, proud of a job well done, he nearly stumbles right into Everyone’s Favorite Kick, but narrowly avoids the lunging superkick attempt from Indy Darling.  Nat spins around, looking for another ‘Night Night’ Discus Forearm, but Indy swats it away and pops Nat with a jumping enziguri.  Walker swats at the empty air in front of himself stunned as Indy rises to his feet and kicks him in the gut.  He lifts Nat up, looking for the buckle bomb, but as he charges the corner, Walker rolls through the powerbomb into a sunset flip.  Once down on the mat, he opts to give up the pinfall and goes for another paradise lock attempt, but Indy kicks free and crawls away, just as Caliban comes flying over him with a diving spear from the top rope right to the midsection of Nat Walker!

J.T. PRICE: Nat Walker got what he wanted.  All eyes are on him now.

HOLLY PEREZ: So is every bullseye.  They just can’t handle this kid’s greatness on their own.  They've got to team up.

Caliban hops to his feet, studying the down and out Nat Walker on the ground with morbid fascination.  He snaps around to face Indy Darling, who's now halfway pulled himself to his feet with rope assistance.  He charges him from behind and clocks him in the back of the head with a brutal Northern lariat that sends Darling crumpling to the floor outside.  Caliban, firmly in control snaps back around to Alex Slayer still trapped in the paradise lock in the center of the ring.  He bounds over, clearly fed and agitated with this match and ready to end it, straddles the downed Alex Slayer and deadlifts him up off of the canvas, only to flip him free of the paradise lock right down into a flailing sitout facebuster!  Cover.

TREY BOOKER: FREE YOUR MIND!

J.T. PRICE: The rest will follow…

One!
Two!
Three!

DING! DING! DING!

HOLLY PEREZ: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this match via pinfall, Caliban!

“Popular Monster” hits the PA as Caliban pushes off of the cover and raises his own hand high in the air in victory.  As the ref tries to grab his wrist and proclaim him the winner propper, Caliban pulls away and rolls to the outside and heads up the ramp with no fanfare or pomp.

TREY BOOKER: The man promised the Reckoning, and he delivered here tonight.

J.T. PRICE: Truly a dominant performance from this salty vet turned newcomer.

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 WKT5no7

J.T. PRICE: Our next match should prove to be interesting as we have two stars on the rise but on similar paths where they really need to deliver strong showings tonight.

TREY BOOKER: Too true, one is coming off a tough win and the other a tough loss, but let’s not waste anymore time as Holly Perez is in the ring now ready to introduce the combatants.

HOLLY PEREZ: This match is scheduled for ONE FALL!! Introducing first.. hailing from Trenton, NJ, standing at 6’3” and weighing in tonight at 253 lbs., he is “The Debt Collector” Daniel Avers!

As the arena lights go down, haunting guitar strums play out through the speakers as the opening notes to Garbage's “Not Your Kind of People” ring out through the speakers. The 'tron displays a desert horizon, a sunset as a bloodied hand sits open with a palm full of coins, the hazy coloring bleeding out onto the stage. The entrance ramp lights up with white lights on either side, slowly illuminating a path back to the top we see Danny Avers emerge from backstage, clad in his ring gear and a black leather entrance vest. His manager, Jane Doe, takes his vest off as he steps down the ramp, barking vitriol at fans as they draw closer or taunt him. He approaches the ring, pulling himself up onto the apron and giving a cold stare as he holds the middle ropes open for Jane to enter, before entering himself. As Avers enters the center of the ring, a spotlight hits him, and she 'introduces' him before he steps up to the ropes on the hard camera's side, making aggressive threats toward the camera before rolling down and into the center of the ring, pacing as he waits for his opponent.

TREY BOOKER: Now even though Avers is looking to rebound from a loss here, it needs to be noted that this loss came at the hands of a champion here in Project: Honor, Zane.

J.T. PRICE: Very true, he had a decent showing against the Warrior Rising Champion and will do what he can to show why he deserves the rematch.

TREY BOOKER: Well considering who he’s facing and what happened the last time they were in the ring, that will prove quite the test.

HOLLY PEREZ: And his opponent.. standing at 5’11” and weighing 205 lbs., from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, he is the Van-City Wizard, Adrian Hil!

The roaring of the crowd finally simmers down as the lights in the venue go out.

“1.
4.”

The beat drops and the bass kicks in on “Killin' On Demand” by Freddie Dredd, a light teal lighting shines down onto the man who just entered from behind the curtains: Adrian Hil. A mixture of cheers and boos are let out from the crowd, and no matter what noise they’re making, Adrian can’t help but smirk knowing they paid money to see him. He walks down the ramp with a confident stance, smacking away the hands of fans attempting to high-five him.

Upon rolling into the ring, the lights go back to normal but rather than sit in wait, Hil charges right after Avers, the two beginning to braw wildly before the official can even call for the bell.

J.T. PRICE: What the hell does he think he’s doing?! The match hasn’t even started.

TREY BOOKER: You got to remember that Avers used him as cannon fodder in their last match, seems that didn’t sit too well with Hil and he’s showing that here and now.

The official tries to get in between the two men as their exchange gets so wild, they both take a tumble out of the ring. Avers gets the initial advantage by tossing Hil shoulder first into the post but when the referee tries to create some distance between the two by bringing Avers back into the ring, he receives a shove to the floor for his efforts. Daniel puts his focus back on Adrian but is cut off with a knee to the gut followed by a takedown. The dazed referee calls for the match to be thrown out as more officials try to separate the two stars.

Each time one or two get close enough to either man, they’re dropped for their efforts. While the fans are begging for those in charge to let the two fights, the situation grows more out of control with company security and staff now coming out to try and alleviate the chaos. After a few minutes of brawling, tackling, kicking, and shoving, enough guards finally enter the fray and get the two men on opposite ends of the outside.

Both have to be dragged out one by one until the ringside area is finally cleared of their mess. Medical staff come out to attend to the fallen referees and staff while the cameras cut back to the announcers who both have a somewhat disgusted look on their face.

TREY BOOKER: This is just ridiculous, these two were attacking anyone around them! I’m glad they’re getting thrown the hell out of here.

J.T. PRICE: Frustrated or not, putting your hands on security and staff here is something that should have heavy consequences.

TREY BOOKER: Now while some may feel that all depends on who does it, this is just blatant disregard for authority while other instances are speculative at best.

J.T. PRICE: Well we apologize for this situation but let’s do our best to move on from this and give the fans the competition Project: Honor is growing known for!
Admin

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 Empty Re: PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:06 am

There is calmness and excitement throughout Project: Honor. That was due to the fact that everyone was excited for the Bloodbath Pay-Per-View approaching. However, that dynamic quickly changes when we see Kimberly Chase, she is shown walking down the backstage hallway with the biggest smirk on her face, looking casual today in her black shirt with the words Savage on it followed by jeans and heels. She approaches a water fountain nearby, walks towards it and pours herself a cup of water, then sips it, but quickly spits it out, unimpressed by the taste of it.

A staff member casually walks by, she hears him and turns around, shoving the cup at him, unaware of what is going on.

Kimberly Chase: “Excuse me, sir, but this water is simply disgusting. Are you trying to poison me? I will have none of that. I demand you to get me a bottled water now.”

Staff member: “Miss Chase, I would love to, but I have other obligations I must attend to.”

She simply growls at him for failing to meet her request, staring at him with cold eyes while he tries to avoid eye contact.

Kimberly Chase:  “I didn't ask you to, I demanded you to. Now go turn around and get me my water, or else I will personally make sure you won't have a job here anymore. Got it, asshole?”

Staff member: “Yes...Miss Chase.”

Kimberly Chase: “Good boy.”

She pats him on the head and walks away, he looks back on occasion before he disappears and she is left standing there rolling her eyes.

“Kimberly, Kimberly, Kimberly”

The Voice begins, a nearby monitor crackling to life and the face smiles menacingly.

The Voice: “Nothing is ever good enough for the Queen is it?  I have to tell you, your highness.”

The man performs a low, sarcastic bow, all the while his eyes staring coldly into the camera.

The Voice: “I’ll tell you, most Queens though make sure to have someone sample the food first...in case it actually is poison.”

He laughs maniacally for a second and the screen freezes with the sadistic grin etched across his face. The PA system crackles to life and continues, now louder with the words almost filling the hallway.

The Voice: “Relax.  He doesn’t want to hurt you.  He likes you, hell I like you. Not in the way Colt does, of course…”

The monitor unfreezes and cuts to the entrance of Colt and Kimberly, twirling around one another, slow dancing before cutting back to the man, his voice still playing over the PA.

The Voice: “You see: we see you dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight, but what happens when that devil meets his due?  Do you keep dancing? They say it’s better to burn out than fade away and you, we know are a wild fire.”

The sprinklers at the end of the hallway begin to turn on and slowly one by one make their way towards Kimberly.

She jumps at the sound of the sprinklers, tries to avoid them by scurrying off a bit, then continues to walk, searching to find where the voice was coming from, then discovers the monitor and looks at it.

Kimberly Chase: “Who the hell are you and what do you want from me?”

The Voice: “I am just a messenger. You see, Kimberly.”

The man's face appears on another monitor as she passes and another down the hallway, the voice echoing slightly in each device it is picked up in.

The Voice: “We don’t want to hurt you. No.  We want you to deliver a message.”

She is drawn to the voice like a moth to a flame, continuing to hear it without speaking.

The Voice: “Nobody is safe.”

The PA cracks as the voice repeats itself now only on one of the distant monitors, then a radio, then the whisper spreads as each device independently echo those three words: Nobody is Safe.  The words continue forming a cacophony as the macabre round intensifies and the monitors now each display an image of the Predator standing cross armed, staring into the camera. This builds briefly before breaking way to silence and the closest monitor to her shows the Voice again, his face now deadly serious.

The Voice: “Nobody is safe: Only the Strong Survive. ”

Realization dawns on Kimberly and she breaks out of her trance, grabbing one of the monitor's angrily and throws it on the ground, watches it break before her very eyes.

Kimberly Chase: “You don't have the guts to tell me this face to face, you coward. Instead, you hide behind a Voice with your empty threats just like you hide behind a mask. If I were you I would hide behind a mask too knowing I was about to get publicly humiliated just like you will be at the hands of Colton, then you will be obsolete like the rest of them.”

The familiar sound of the sprinklers is heard turning on again, gazes to each side before looking up as a rush of water comes falling down on her which leaves her drenched from head to toe. It eventually shuts off and as a result of the humiliation and disrespect shown, Kimberly kicks and breaks the rest of the monitors, leaving it to fall with the rest. Huffing and puffing, she turns around with the cords wrapped around her ankle, she drags it and walks away with a cold stare attached to her face.

The exterior of the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts sees a horde of fans excitedly waiting for their opportunity to finally enter the arena and get seated for some wacky wrestling action. Outside the venue “Oblivion’s Crush” Contessa Floran sits on a stone planter smoking a cigarette. She has purposely situated herself in the shadows because that’s her whole deal.

Intrepid Project: Honor Interviewer Crystal Ward walks into frame and approaches the typically unapproachable Floran. Contessa casts a glance Crystal’s way and sighs.

CRYSTAL WARD: Ms. Contessa Floran, could I please get a word regarding your Warrior Rising Championship match tonight against Red Riot and Zane.

Contessa’s view narrows, she clearly has no interest in participating. Instead of brushing off the poor young Ward, Contessa opts to play.

CONTESSA FLORAN: Blood.

Ward is confused. Perhaps she thinks that Contessa is just leaning into the “spooky” aura that she has cultivated. Perhaps she is just being an asshole.

CRYSTAL WARD: ...I’m sorry?

CONTESSA FLORAN: Blood. That’s a word.

The human mic stand gets it, she sees the childish game that Contessa has chosen to play. Undeterred, Ward is persistent in her search for some kind of sound bite -- at the very least.

CRYSTAL WARD: A figure of speech. What I meant is -- can we get your thoughts on the contest?

CONTESSA FLORAN: I already cut my promo. It was amazing in its brevity and wit.

Ward is getting frustrated now. But this is her job and she will do it to the absolute best of her ability. Contessa exhales a plume of smoke and looks off to the gathered crowd of fans, still waiting to get inside the building.

CRYSTAL WARD: Well… do you have anything to add?

Contessa stands and tosses the cigarette but to the ground. She snuffs it out with the toe of her pointed black boot.

CONTESSA FLORAN: Not really. I said what I have to say. I’m going to do whatever I have to do to win. I want the Warrior Rising Championship because it will make people come after me. Since I died I have found that I get whatever I want.

Oblivion’s Crush looks right into the camera and gives a dramatic wink. The picture of innocent entitlement.

CRYSTAL WARD: You have said that phrase several times since coming to Project: Honor -- that you died. What exactly does that mean?

CONTESSA FLORAN: Clearly it doesn’t mean that I am an actual corpse. That would be ridiculous.

She lets out an obnoxious “Ha!” and her expression returns to it’s stoic default state.

CRYSTAL WARD: So what do you mean when you say that?

CONTESSA FLORAN: Isn’t it obvious? The person that I was is dead. I am now the person who rose, like Lazarus. I have been rewired and it has been quite thrilling. If you are unhappy I highly recommend killing your former self -- it really is something.

Contessa reaches out and softly handles the ends of Ward’s hair. Knowing that Contessa is trying to make her uncomfortable, Ward continues her line of questioning.

CRYSTAL WARD: Right. So it’s a metaphor.

CONTESSA FLORAN: No.

She releases Ward’s hair, looking at her sternly.

CRYSTAL WARD: Okay. Do you have any final words before your triple threat match?

Contessa takes a moment to consider the question, likely formulating a cheeky response that lends to her immature nature.

CONTESSA FLORAN: Blood...kill.

There it is.

CRYSTAL WARD: Oh...kay. Thank you for your time.

CONTESSA FLORAN: Of course! Thanks for having me. Bye.

Contessa stands still and stares forward. Ward looks around, unsure of how to proceed. Contessa just stares forward and it’s an awkward moment. Ward ultimately opts to walk out of frame, leaving the eccentric Contessa to stare off into the void.

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 S5q4nNN

HOLLY PEREZ: Ladies and gentlemen...the following match is scheduled for one fall and is a TAG TEAM MATCH!

Fans pop.

HOLLY PEREZ: Introducing first...weighing in at two-hundred and ten pounds...from the Wrestleworld Territories...THE HIGHLIGHT OF YOUR CAREER….JAAAAAYYYY  JOOOOONNNNEEESSSS!

“Hello” by Pop Smoke hits as Jay Jones enters to a shower of boos. He takes a sarcastic bow at the top of the ramp to even more boos as he moves on, imitating various fans who boo louder as he walks down the ramp. He slowly walks up the stairs and enters the ring, pausing to pose on each turnbuckle arrogantly. He leans on the ropes and smirks as he waits for the match to begin/watches his opponent enter.

J.T. PRICE: And here is another of the new, fresh talent that has signed on the Project: Honor dotted line after the past couple weeks.

Jay slowly walks up the stairs and enters the ring.  He walks over to a turnbuckle and climbs it, posing arrogantly. Jones, smirking, walks over and leans on the ropes, waiting for the rest of the people in this match

Jay Jones’ music fades out

"Holding My Breath" by Alien Weaponry floods the PA, marking the arrival of Sarah Roberts. She emerges onto the stage accompanied by her manager, Delilah Huang. While Sarah isn't much for pageantry and only offers a smirk before heading down the ramp, Delilah contrasts her client's stern demeanor with the type of hype antics befitting of a Public Enemy concert.

HOLLY PEREZ: Accompanied by Delilah Huang and fighting out of the Yankton Indian Reservation, South Dakota, she stands at 5'5 and weighs in at 140 lbs. She is "The Deerfield Destroyer", Sarah Roberts!

With the same juxtaposition as seen on the stage, Sarah continues down to the ring with Delilah in tow. Before Sarah can enter the ring, Delilah scampers up the stairs and uses her body to separate the top and middle ropes. Sarah slides between them, moves to the center of the ring, and raises her arms while Delilah takes to the corner, shouting inaudibly and pointing to her client. As "Holding My Breath" fades from the PA, Sarah takes to her corner while Delilah exits the ring entirely.

TREY BOOKER: I think I just got the chills.

While Sarah isn’t much for pageantry and only offers a smirk before heading down the ramp, Delilah contrasts her client’s stern demeanor is the type of hyp antics befitting of a Public Enemy concert

J.T. PRICE: I think I know what you mean.

With the same juxtaposition as seen on the stage, Sarah continues down to the ring with Delilah in tow.  Before Sarah can enter the ring, Delilah scampers up the stairs and uses her body to separate the top and middle ropes.  Sarah slides between them, moves to the center of the ring, and raises her arms while Delilah takes to the corner, shouting inaudibly and pointing to her client.  Jay Jones just rolls his eyes and shakes his head at all the commotion.

TREY BOOKER: Jay Jones doesn’t seem to be too excited for all of Delilah’s rah-rah campaign.

J.T. PRICE: Can you blame him?

TREY BOOKER: She is only trying to get everyone pumped for her client.

Delilah exits the ring, while Sarah walks over and stands a few feet from Jay...neither of them looking at each other.  Sarah’s music begins to slowly dim down to nothing.

HOLLY PEREZ: And their opponents...weighing in at a combined five hundred and twenty two pounds...JAY VAUGHAN AND ‘INFAMOUS JOHNNNNNYYYY CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!

The lights in the arena slowly go down and start to flash blue and green.  An 8-bit version of Jonny C appears on the telescreen with an AC, and swings it at the screen...cracking it.  He yells HERE’S JONNY!  ‘Pretty Fly For A White Guy” blares over the PA system as Jonny C himself bursts through the curtain with his arms out.  Jonny looks around the arena and laughs.  Jay Vaughan steps out and stands by the hyper Jonny C.

J.T. PRICE: Oh, boy.

Both Jonny and Jay walk down the ramp and quickly walk up the steps, cutting through the middle ropes to get into the ring.  Before Jonny C can say anything, Sarah Roberts lunges forward and grabs him in a headlock.  The ref quickly calls for the bell, pointing at the respective corners for both Jones and Vaughan to head to.

DING! DING! DING!

Sarah Roberts tightens her hold, but Jonny C uses his foot height advantage and over one-hundred pound weight advantage, to lean forward and pick Sarah up off her feet.  Jonny runs forward, hoping up onto the bottom rope for leverage.  He pushes off and comes crashing down…

TREY BOOKER: SARAH ROBERTS LET GO AND MOVED OUT OF THE WAY!!!

...onto his own back.  Not being too hurt, Jonny C quickly jumps to his feet, only to be met by a HUGE superman punch that sends him stumbling back.  Sarah runs and bounces off the opposite side ropes and comes flying back and lands a monster forearm strike to the forehead of Jonny, sending him down to his knees.  Sarah runs and attempts to bounce off the ropes again, but instead goes flying OVER the ropes as Jay Vaughan held the top rope and dropped towards the floor, pulling the rope down completely.

J.T. PRICE: Smart move by Vaughan, as Sarah comes crashing down to the mat.  Meanwhile he lets go of the rope and Delilah is over there yelling at him, while checking up on Sarah Roberts here.

The ref walks over and is scolding Jay Vaughan.  Meanwhile Jonny C is slowly getting back up to his feet as Jay Jones slides into the ring behind him.  Jonny turns around and Jones LEVELS him with a superkick that sends ‘Infamous’ onto the mat.  Quickly Jay Jones slides out of the ring.  The ref turns around to see what the commotion was, only to see Jonny laid out on the mat.  Meanwhile Jay Jones is holding his hands up like he didn’t do anything.

TREY BOOKER: What’s good for the goose is good for the gander!

Sarah Roberts makes it to her feet and shoots Jay Vaughan a dirty look before sliding into the ring and crawling over to the injured Jonny.  She hooks his leg and the ref drops down for the count.

ONE!
TWO!
THRE-

J.T. PRICE: KICKOUT BY JONNY C!!!

Sarah slowly gets to her feet, still a little woozy from her trip out of the ring.  She walks over to Jay Jones, who has made his way back to the corner, and reaches her hand out to him.  He looks at it with disgust.  He steps into the ring and taps her lightly on the shoulder, before turning and watching Jonny, who had crawled to his own corner and tag in Jay Vaughan.

TREY BOOKER: Fresh bodies!

Jones and Vaughan slowly walk towards the center of the ring.  Jones pulls his arm back and SLAPS Jones in the side of the face.  Vaughan’s head snaps to the side, but he turns his head slowly and then begins to LAY into Jay Jones…

Right!
Left!
Right!
Left!

Jay Vaughan pulls back one last time and simply ROCKS Jones with a right hook.  With Jones being a little out of it, Vaughan goes running towards the opposite side ropes.  He bounces off and comes flying back as Jay Jones steps forward.

J.T. PRICE: ASSASINATION!!!  ASSASINATION!!!

Vaughan drops down for the count, hooking Jones’ leg.

ONE!
TWO!

TREY BOOKER: NO!!!  SARAH ROBERTS JUST STOPPED THE COUNT BY RUNNING INTO THE RING AND LAYING A MONSTER FOOT TO THE SIDE OF VAUGHAN’S HEAD!!!

REF (Off mic): GET BACK INTO YOUR CORNER!!!

Sarah looks across the ring in time to see a charging Jonny C.  Jonny lunges forward trying to grab her, but Sarah ducks underneath his outstretched arms and slips behind him.  Jonny turns around…

J.T. PRICE: LIGHTS OUT!!!  SARAH JUST LEVELED JONNY WITH A HUGE HEADBUTT!!!

Sarah looks down at Jonny C’s not moving body and smirks.  She turns around and Vaughan is standing, waiting for her.  Jay lands a boot to her midsection and wraps his hands around her waist.  He lifts her up into the air and slams her down hard with a sitdown powerbomb.

TREY BOOKER: V-BOMB!!!  JAY VAUGHAN IS PUTTING ON A FINISHER CLINIC!!!  SARAH ROBERTS IS BENT IN HALF AND VAUGHAN IS LOOKING OUT TO THE CROWD WITH A WICKED SMILE ON HIS FACE!!!

J.T. PRICE: But she isn’t the legal person, so he needs to focus on Jay Jones!

Jay Vaughan pushes the limp Sarah Roberts away, staying on his knees as he pushes her out of the ring.  Jay checks out Jonny who is beginning to move and sporting a goose-egg on his forehead.  Jonny’s eyes widen as he points behind Vaughan.  Vaughan turns his head only to catch a shining wizard from Jay Jones!  Jonny quickly rolls out of the week, trying to conserve his energy and escape from a fresh Jay Jones.

TREY BOOKER: Delilah is out here checking on Sarah Roberts, who still has not moved since she got V-Bombed and pushed out of the ring.

Jay Jones pulls a weak Vaughan to his feet, scoops him him, and drops him with a sidewalk slam.  Jones looks at the download Vaughan and slowly backs up into the corner across from him, eyeing him up...measuring him up.  Jones is calling out for Vaughan to stand up.

J.T. PRICE: This could be eat for the team of Vaughan and Jonny C.  Jay is sitting there stalking Vaughan as he is starting to stir!

TREY BOOKER: Well where is Jonny C?

Jonny C can be seen slowly walking around the ring apron, ducking out of Jay Jones’ view.  Meanwhile Jay Vaughan has made his way up to his knees…

...now up to one foot…

...now up to both feet…

J.T. PRICE: Jay Jones is foaming at the mouth, ready to end this!

Jay Jones explodes from the corner, charging at Jay Vaughan.  Jay Vaughan turns around and Jones SLAMS into him.

TREY BOOKER: BLACKOUT!!!  BLACK OUT ON JAY VAUGHAN!!!

Jay Jones rolls onto Vaughan, hooking his leg.

ONE!
TWO!!
THREE!!!

DING! DING! DING!

Jay Jones sits up, throwing away Jay Vaughan’s leg.  He glances down at a barely moving Sarah Roberts, then rolls out of the ring away from her.

HOLLY PEREZ: And here are your winners...JAY JONES...AND SARAH ROBERTS!!!

Jay continues around the ring, not looking back for anyone.  He slowly makes his way up the ramp, ignoring the loud boos of the fans.  Meanwhile Jonny C is in the ring, checking on Jay Vaughan.

Cameras cut over to the backstage area where we find Project: Honor interviewer Crystal Ward standing side by side with the Warrior Rising Champion Zane who looks ready for her match, entrance jacket on, title slung onto her right shoulder and mask in hand. Getting the go ahead signal from a crew member, Crystal raises her microphone up to get things started.

CRYSTAL WARD: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome me in joining my guest at this time, the reigning Project: Honor Warrior Rising Champion Zane. First of all Zane, how are you feeling tonight ahead of your first defense?

ZANE: Pretty good, kind of hungry, wondering if I made sure to fix this one grammatical error I had on my assignment that was due today. How are you?

Crystal couldn’t help looking a bit confused by Zane’s response initially but still offered a smile.

CRYSTAL WARD: I’m doing great, thank you so much for asking! Now Zane, hunger aside tonight you step into the ring to face not one, but two challengers for your title in Red Riot and Contessa Floran. I want to get your thoughts on your opponents and if there’s any type of pressure felt on your shoulders as you head into such a monumental contest.

ZANE: I’m guessing this is the part where I hype up the grueling match ahead, discussing the threats before me and how I will conquer through grit, determination and my abundance of skills? Well let me give it my best shot okay? Now..

Before Zane could continue, the dreadful look on the face of Crystal Ward told the story. She knew something horrible was going to happen, as her eyes were locked on something off screen. Also taking notice, Zane peered off screen, watching something with an intense sense of hatred. The shot slowly zoomed out, as Colton Saint stood a mere five feet away from them. He watched them with such intensity, it led to such an ominous feel. The two couldn’t stop staring at one another, as if the risk of an attack would be elevated if each one of them took their eyes away, even for a split second.

The air of tension was finally broken after what seemed like ages, not by a word but by a single smirk sent from Zane to Colton Saint. The bold young champion even took the first step to close the distance, looking up to Saint as if begging for him to take the first strike. After some time she even let out a tiny little laugh.

ZANE: So tell me, to what do I owe the pleasure of being approached by the company giraffe?

Zane had such confidence in herself, but the eyes began to show a different side when Colton matched her step with one of his own. He stood clear over her, with a sinister glare. The blank stare had a purpose. He watched every move she made, every fidget, every idiosyncrasy come to life. He made her uncomfortable, and he knew that.

COLTON SAINT: For a second there, I honestly felt like you had no fear in you, Emi. It felt for a moment that you had all of the fire inside of you burning so hot that it would melt even the strongest metal. Now, I’m beginning to believe that I was wrong about you. I’m disappointed.

It wasn’t confidence in the eyes of Colton Saint, don’t be fooled. He wasn’t sure if he could defeat Zane in a clean one on one match, but he knew he had an advantage. It wasn’t the height, it wasn’t the power, it was the mind. He knew just by looking at her, and taking that step towards her, that the hands clenched up, the eyebrows had raised. While she was inclined to fight him based on his movements, something stopped her. She just couldn’t. The staredown resumed between the two, making Crystal Ward extremely uncomfortable standing between the two.

ZANE: Normally you being wrong about me would feel like a Tuesday but I do feel inclined to correct you this one time. The fire you sense is very real, everything that is boiling between the two of us is, I just have a sense of control unlike you. I have the correct mindset going into this which will undoubtedly lead to me showcasing my multifaceted superiority when the time comes. While the urge is there to strike, I control when it happens, how it happens because this is my story after all. You my good sir are just playing your role. Now let’s get back to the first question which you will be answering now whether you like it or not. To what do I owe the pleasure? Finally looking to make good on your half star ranked Twitter talk?

After a verbal thrashing like that, one would shake, one would seethe. No expression from Colton Saint. He continued to watch her with such focus. He wasn’t looking her in the eyes, he was looking THROUGH them. No words she could give would alter that state, no actions could change that view.

COLTON SAINT: Is that what you’re holding onto? A simple series of remarks on Twitter? You’re holding onto the very notion that you are so far above me with such grace and intellectual superiority. Control, though? Do you even know what control is? It isn’t putting your best foot forward in everything you do. It isn’t every accolade you’ve achieved, control is much more complicated than that. Take a boulder. It’s massive, unstoppable, unbreakable even. Over time, the boulder becomes weakened, with chips of it sliding on down to the ground below. Eventually, it shrinks. This is the supposive control that you have? You win matches, you win awards for all these things you do, yet you don’t have an ounce of control in your blood. You’re a warrior with no war to fight. That’s why you face people like Red Riot. That’s why you sit in the middle of the card, hoping to find a way to raise your hand, and raise it proud. You need that little piece here and there just to show the world that you matter. For you, little dove, the boulder is breaking, the boulder has cracked, and the boulder is falling at a record pace. Don’t talk to me about control.

His glare through her made his intentions clear. He had no interest in playing mind games with this young lady. Smart as she may be, she was simply throwing stones in a glass house. Knowing Zane, however, when the glass would break, she’d rush to clean it up. He knew this about her, more so than she’d like to admit.

ZANE: You know I’m not particularly fond of short jokes but I applaud your effort in trying to make a solid point. While my latest string of opponents aren’t as desirable as I’d like, you know just as much as I do that the cards are not written by our own hands. What we control is what transpires next, what we control are our fates, our victories, hearts be damned. This control is maintained until the desire for the next accomplishment fades or a new more worth it venture is found. The thing with me is, my desire for perfection never fades no matter what the trade which is why I excel at them all. You call me a cracked boulder but you’re not looking high enough. Hell I will even be as bold as to say you’re not doing that with yourself either. You try to keep things grounded when your foundation is shaky at best. Not physically, in that respect I’d give you at least another year until you begin to truly fall apart. Mentally though, you walked into the dance broken and it’s not going to get any better for you. I could always make it easier on you if you’d like. You say I keep searching for a war, I don’t see you battling in any yourself. So how about we shed the niceties and actually take the leap?

Still, no expression came from Colton. He studied every word she said, seeing her still fidgeting from those words she spoke. He saw something each time she cut into him. It was interesting to him, like a little game.

COLTON SAINT: Can you take that leap though? Can you avoid the pathetic people who you compete against? Can you see that every time I’ve been in that ring, it has been dominance. I don’t wrestle, Zane. I destroy. It isn’t for an ego, it isn’t for a title, it is actually very simple. I want to battle the absolute best, and Jason Terrance isn’t the best. Dickie Watson isn’t the best. Elijah Copeland wasn’t the best, and your boy toy, MYOJIN, he is certainly far away from being the best. You though, you just might be. What would it mean to me to cut you down to size, like a little ant that I gladly step on when I see them. It’s not me who needs to take the leap, it’s you. Something tells me though, you wouldn’t be ready. You’d find an excuse for the loss, you’d go home and tell yourself as you look at your trophies that you are still special. You lose to me, and all that equity you built up over your lifetime, it’ll fly through the air like ashes. You don’t want this yet you need to beat me.

Zane takes a moment to read Colton’s lack of an expression which brings forth one of her own. She feels a sense of ease wash over her and displays that with a sweet little smile.

ZANE: That’s one of the nicest things anyone has said to me ever. If you weren’t one screw pop away from becoming a full on lunatic I’d give you a hug right now. I’m glad we’re over the phase where we downplay each other’s skills, that gets so boring so fast. Honestly I would have stopped that weeks ago but it is too funny watching your face scrunch up and your brain turn into a steaming carrot. You know you talk about my awards and trophies so much that I’m tempted to jest about how you wish you had some more yourself. I’ll leave my zingers in the car though and cut right to the chase. We both know our true status within this company, we both know that if you take a look beyond the surface of posters and marketing that this is the money match. It’s the best test for either of us in the present phase of our careers and one that will change us both when it’s over. I don’t need to talk to my trophies to reaffirm my worth, just like you don’t need another shot in the arm to let more of the monster come out. So let’s just dance shall we? Despite how much you bash them, I know you got some rhythm. To make it even better, how about instead of either of our titles being on the line, we put up something that caters to our minds instead. You believe you are the best champion here, I know I am, why not fight over that claim. Winner gets a nifty trophy to add to their collection and the loser can’t make a single excuse. What do you say dear?

His eyes hadn’t left her. In a strange turn of events, they narrowed slightly following her challenge. She took a lot of risk by making the challenge, but it seemed that the confidence was seeping through again. It was cute.

COLTON SAINT: The hard kicking, high flying, submission expert against the one guy she can’t knock out? The one guy she can’t submit? I think you’re barking up the wrong tree here, Emi. I’ll entertain the thought by throwing one back at you. If you genuinely believe that it’ll be anything short of a massacre, you’re further sinking into the ground below than I thought, little boulder. Rest assured when I say this, as I accept your challenge, all it takes is one swing from a giant to knock the little warrior senseless. Just one single swing. Get one of your trophy makers to create something for you. Make sure it has a lid at the top, I need something to store your ashes in..

ZANE: Ugh we were so close there! I thought something special was brewing and then you just had to leave to blah-blah land again. It’s fine, I’ll make sure to pick up the slack and bring us back on track. Shockingly I don’t know any trophy makers but I’m sure the brass will have something nice made for us. You know how they’re a sucker for anything to give that extra push for the company and fair enough of course. I’m glad we’re on, this will be quite the experience.

COLTON SAINT: What would you like to hear? Would you like me to tell you how wonderful I think you are? How the music you play is so endearing to me? The spinning jumps you do on the ice, how they are so incredible to witness? Maybe even how cute it is that you..are chasing illusion with ‘Shouta’? I can tell you all those things, if it makes you sleep better at night. The last thing you need is to walk into Bloodbath with anything less than a perfect night’s rest. However, since we are candid here, I want you to know that your voice.. It’s so delightful that once the choke is complete when we battle, that you’ll never be able to sing your songs. Your muscles will be torn so you can’t do your little dances on ice. You can forget about your hopes and dreams of one day impressing MYOJIN to become yours, with the snapped fingers, your violinist days will be done, and your entire belief that one day you’ll be a Disney princess will be dashed. You can tell me with such emphasis how bad I am.. But you have no idea how bad I will become if I don’t finish the job.. Abandon all hope, Emiko.

Zane takes a half step with an exaggerated gasp, clutching at her chest as if she had been shot or stabbed. Even with the theatrics she doesn’t keep her eyes off of Colton, showing a sly smirk.

ZANE: I knew you watched my Twitch streams! How else would you know about my Disney princess dreams?! While I appreciate your support in what I do, you realize saying stuff like that is going to make it that much worse when I win right? I look forward to seeing what happens when you don’t finish the job. How about this as a clue for what that step will be, that trophy we’ll be fighting for? It’s going to say clear as day “I’m Better, Fuck You!” That way, there will be no dispute. Sounds good?

On one hand, he admired Zane’s fire, and that empty confidence she was showing the world. There was even a piece of him that wanted him to give a bit of a smirk at the name of the trophy. Instead, his focus remained clear. He watched Zane with disdain, but slight amusement.

COLTON SAINT: It’s fitting. Maybe too fitting, because when you go down in defeat, you’ll hear those words in your mind as you lie awake, completely alone. All those trophies you hold, all those medals. The very novelty of it, and yet so far out of reach for you. Rest assured, Little Dove.. Your shame will be safe with me.

He finally gave her the smirk, slowly stepping away from the shot. “I’m Better, Fuck You!” sounded like a cute insult, but they will be words that will haunt her for the rest of her career. Still, it would be the Battle of the Best in Project: Honor, as the two champions collide on the big stage. Who will walk away with the win, and who will walk away in despair?
Admin

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:07 am

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 UXchKrG

HOLLY PEREZ: The following contest is set for one fall and it is for the Project: Honor Warrior Rising Championship!

The lights in the arena flicker as if there is some sort of electrical short. The power struggles to stay on for a few moments until they ultimately go out. For a few seconds the arena is in complete darkness until rose tinted lights start pulsing along with the opening snare hits of “Only Shallow” by My Bloody Valentine.

The guitars scream as a cloud of smoke envelopes the stage and obfuscates a shape that stands in front of the curtain. The audience is entranced by the mythic imagery flashing on the screen and they wait with bated breath.

Sʟᴇᴇᴘ Lɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴘɪʟʟᴏᴡ Dᴏᴡɴ(ᴡᴀʀᴅ) Aɴᴅ (Wʜᴇʀᴇ)Sʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ
Aɴʏᴡᴀʏ (ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ)

A small bleach blonde figure paces out onto the stage with her head low and her hair hanging in front of her eyes. Contessa Floran slowly parts the hair that obstructed the view of her face as the camera moves in for a close up. Her eyes are closed, she appears to be in a deeply pensive state. As if struck by lightning, she opens her eyes and her piercing blue gaze stares down the lens of the camera.

HOLLY PEREZ: Introducing first, the challengers- first… residing in Visby, Sweden and weighing in tonight at one hundred and forty-one pounds, she is “Oblivion’s Crush”... CONTESSSSSAAAAA FLORAAAAAANNNN!!!

For a moment she gazes into the lens, her expression blank. Following a deep sigh, Floran skulks to the ring, choosing to walk along the guard rail in an effort to stay out of sight as much as possible. She does her best to avoid the grasp of clamouring fans. The camera scrambles to find her amid the darkness and haze.

Upon reaching the ring, she pulls herself up onto the apron and sits there for a moment, hanging her head once again. As the rose colored lights flash and the smoke begins to clear, Floran jumps up so she is standing on the apron. She takes a moment to survey the audience before she wipes her feet on the apron and enters the ring.

J.T. PRICE: Contessa Floran made her debut two weeks ago and has been making a killing off it when she defeated Beryl Weir with ease, but tonight is her opportune time and moment. She has an audience to grab the attention of and if she can win this one, she’s on a bright path to glory.

TREY BOOKER: You don’t have to tell me twice on that one, J.T. Contessa is an astounding performer and I cannot wait to see what more she could bring with a match like this.

After those crimson spotlights roam around the arena, they find a new target: the woman behind the cheers and jeers from the crowd, and the woman behind the gauzy, dystopian “Violence (original mix) by Grimes” blasting throughout the arena: Red FREAKING Riot. She’s facing the entranceway, so those red lights focus on the spikes, the studs, and the patches from the wars she’s had in her career, with empty spots to add more victories to the list. She’s only focused on the fight on her way to the ring, past any high five attempts or waves. After Riot slides underneath the bottom rope and into the ring, she showcases a few blazing fast jabs, hooks, crosses, and after SCREAMING her opponent’s name, shows off a sharp, high knee for a little forewarning about how tonight’s ending.

HOLLY PEREZ: The second challenger- residing in Richmond, Virginia and weighing in tonight at one hundred and sixty-five pounds, she is "Bitch Magnus"... REEEEDDDDDDD RIIIIIIIOTTTTTTT!!!!

TREY BOOKER: I like to think that if there's a battle of anything you could do, I can do better between Floran and Riot, the facts would read that Riot beat two people instead of the one that Floran went through.

J.T. PRICE: You're right about that. Red Riot has been making some amends of her own and just like Contessa Floran, she won in her debut here in Project: Honor but tonight, she has the same opportunity as Floran.

The lights in the arena shift to several shades of purple as “Hopes and Dreams” by Cement City begins to play on the sound system. A countdown from three to zero is shown before the crowd in unison chants “Go Zane Go!” Right on cue with the tempo picking up Zane makes her way onto the stage. Adorned in her custom entrance coat and mask, her championship belt proudly around her waist, she looks out to her cheerful fans.

HOLLY PEREZ: And introducing the champion- residing in Anaheim, California, and weighing in tonight at one hundred and ten pounds, she is the current REIGNING and DEFENDING Project Honor Warrior Rising Champion... "The Crescent Moon", ZAAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEE!!!!

Giving a nod of approval at the reception, Zane begins heading over to the ring. The prideful champion hops up onto the apron, continuing to soak in the crowd’s adulation. Again on cue with her theme, she turns around and leaps over the top rope into the ring. She then heads over to the adjacent ropes, stepping onto the bottom and middle rope, giving a salute to the enthusiastic crowd. Another nod from the masked Zane causes the fans to somehow cheer louder before the moon child backflips off the ropes, landing in the center of the ring on one knee. Getting up to her feet, Zane removes her mask and unclasps her title belt, showcasing them both with a smile on her face. Handing the championship to the official, Zane then heads over to the nearest corner, removing her ring coat and handing both the coat and mask to the ring attendant. With her music fading to silence, Zane places her focus on the task at hand.

J.T. PRICE: You talk about the rising future of Project Honor, you never leave Zane out of the conversation. Since her arrival, she's been dominant to a T and makes sure she stays that way as she reigns above all as Warrior Rising Champion.

TREY BOOKER: If anything, I am totally backing Zane to retain the title here tonight. She has been so consistent and there is nothing around that'll stop her.

DING! DING! DING!

The three women stand in their respected corners as they all wait for someone to make the first move, Zane becomes valiant as the champion and stands between both of her challengers, gesturing for both of them to make the first move. Floran teases a move which grabs the attention of the champion which signals Riot to charge out of the corner with a large Big Boot to the back of Zane's head. Floran comes running out of her corner with a Front Dropkick to Riot that knocks her back into her own corner. Floran comes in with the Superman Forearm but Riot moves her head just in time to dodge the strike, picking up Floran and sending her back into the turnbuckles with the Exploder Suplex. Zane finds herself back to her feet after the boot to the back of the head from Riot, who she meets face to face as he looks up, and the two fire away at one another with hard stiff strikes. Riot goes for a Roundhouse Kick but misses it by a hair, Zane looks for a Jumping Enzuigiri on Riot but the leg is caught and the champion is left dangling from Riot's clutches. Zane does her best to break free from the grip of Riot, but Riot had other plans as she looks behind her to see Floran getting back to her own feet, Riot swings around Zane and releases her- throwing the champion like a ragdoll and right into unprovoked Contessa Floran as both women go falling out of the ring.

TREY BOOKER: HOLT SHIT! Red Riot just YEETED the champion around like a stuffed bear right into Contessa! I’ve- I don’t think I can say I’ve seen that ever happen to anyone here in Project: Honor like that!

J.T. PRICE: Think of it this way, Booker- Riot is a total of fifty-five pounds heavier than Zane and a decent eight inches taller! These are the pros and the cons of the challenger and the champion in this match, the champion might be able to move around a lot faster than her challengers but they can equally be as powerful and dominant to the champion because of her size and frame.

TREY BOOKER: You make a good interesting point about this, but I’ll state the facts here and say that Zane is glad there are no rules to a Triple Threat match because she could have easily been counted out at this stage.

Riot drags Floran back to her feet, whipping her into the corner and charging in with the Step Up Knee Strike to the jaw of Oblivion’s Crush, Riot grabs a hold of the ropes and connects a Gamengiri kick to the head of Floran before throwing her out of the corner and climbing to the second rope. Riot leaps for a cannonball but Floran moves out of the way very quickly and Riot lands back first to the mat, Floran rebounds off of the ropes and lands a hard Penalty Kick to the chest of Riot. Floran turns Riot over to her stomach and grabs the arm to lock in a Fujiwara Armbar, wrenching the arm back far. Floran begins to punch the hand and bend it forward, putting a strain on the wrist of Riot before targeting the back of her elbow with a flurry of Palm Strikes and then throwing the arm back as far as she can get it to go. The fans cheer loudly as they see Zane climb up to the apron and rush into the ring, leaping before driving both feet into the chest of Floran with a Double Foot Stomp.

J.T. PRICE: The champion is back into this! Zane drove both of those feet RIGHT into Contessa Floran to break the submission and you just know that hurt her with the way she’s wincing in pain from it!

Zane waits for Floran to rise to her feet and as she does, the champion charges in with the Busaiku Knee Strike to knock her challenger down, Zane then drops the knee down onto the head of Floran as she also takes her focus and brings it to Red Riot, crawling to the ropes to use for leverage as she gets to one knee. Zane rebounds off of the ropes and charges towards the direction of Red Riot, looking to knock her out of the ring with a Dropkick but Riot falls back and Zane goes under the bottom rope, luckily enough- she just manages to grab the middle rope with both hands but unluckily- Riot is already on the offense, grabbing her in an Inverted Headlock and dragging her through the middle ropes before driving her head first into the mat with a Hangman’s Reverse DDT. Zane rolls over onto her feet from the impact of the DDT, groggy and fatigued but it’s Floran who rolls her up from behind for a pinfall on the champion.

ONE!
TWO!!
TH-

TREY BOOKER: Zane kicks out just as Riot leaps to break the pin on the champion, and you can take a look at Zane, she’s taken a hell of a beating here right now as she rolls out to the apron from the pinfall.

J.T. PRICE: Yeah, I did say earlier about how her challengers will attempt to overpower her throughout this match, but she’s smart for rolling out of the ring to bring herself back to life. If I were to read her mindset at all, she’s letting her opponents wear one another down before bouncing in and taking the win from under their noses.

Zane lays on the floor outside as both Riot and Floran get to their feet and once again begin their brawl, a Pump Knee is fired off by Riot before falling back against the ropes and running in with a Bicycle Kick, Floran bends over from the impact of the kick to the side of her head, which allows Riot to fall back against the ropes again and land an Scissors Kick to the back of Floran’s head. Riot lets out a loud scream as she backs herself in the corner and awaits for Contessa to get back to her feet, she stalks her prey and as soon as Floran is back up, Riot charges in and go for the John Woo Dropkic-- FLORAN WITH THE MUSHROOM STOMP TO RIOT!

TREY BOOKER: JESUS CHRIST! Floran coming out of the god damn NOWHERE with that Mushroom Stomp!

Floran scrambles back to her feet, making quick moves as she grabs the arm of Red Riot and begins to drag her to the ropes, the same side as where Zane is currently beginning to stir a bit. Floran looks down at the champion and then shrugs it off, placing Riot draped over the middle ropes and rebounds off of the ropes but she goes above Riot to slingshot herself over with a Crossbody to the champion and knocks her back into the barricade. Floran slides back into the ring to finally connect Nighty Night but as she rebounds again, she’s immediately caught with a Corkscrew Roundhouse Kick by Riot! Floran is hazy from the kick, staggering to the middle of the ring as Riot climbs out onto the apron and looks for Blood Gradient but as she leaps to the top rope, FLORAN SPRINGS TO THE SECOND ROPE JUST TO CONNECT AN UPPERCUT TO RIOT!

J.T. PRICE: OH NO! Riot ate ALL of that uppercut and she fell gut first onto the top rope!

Floran grabs a hold of Riot just before she could fall backward and onto the floor below, grabbing her head in a three-quarter headlock but Riot wraps her arm around the head and grabs Floran to lock in a Dragon Sleeper, standing on the bottom rope to let Floran hang over the top rope. Riot finally releases the hold and lets Floran back to her feet as she stumbles into position for Riot again to leap for Blood Gradient-- ZANE WITH THE DROPKICK AS RIOT LEAPS AND RIOT FLIES BACK, DOWN TO THE FLOOR AS HER HEAD BOUNCES OFF OF THE BARRICADE!

TREY BOOKER: OH GOD NO! OH, GOOD LORD! Somebody check on Red right now! Please!

J.T. PRICE: She took that fall hard, that might have been an easy ten foot fall from where Riot was and her head crashed right into that barricade as well.

It’s now Floran and Zane in the ring, both women groggy from the war one another have taken to each other’s bodies. Zane fires off a Hook Kick to Floran but misses the shot, Floran answers back with a Rolling Elbow to the head of the champion. Floran grabs Zane by the hair and brings her to her feet, both women breathing heavily as they put each other through enough hell as they could give. Floran falls back against the ropes but Zane charges in with a Running Knee Strike to the head of her challenger. Floran staggers to the center of the ring, Zane allows it to happen as she spins her leg around for a Spinning Hook Kick but Floran ducks the kick AND BLINDS THE CHAMPION WITH THE BLACK MIST!! THE SMOKE SIGNAL GOES RIGHT INTO THE EYES OF ZANE AND SHE FALLS TO THE SECOND ROPE, DRAPING OVER IT AS SHE TRIES TO WIPE AWAY THE MISTED EYES BUT FLORAN COMES CHARGING IN WITH THE DROPKICK TO THE BACK OF ZANE’S HEAD!!!

TREY BOOKER: NIGHTY NIGHT TO THE CHAMPION!! Zane is counting sheep from the kick and this is not what she wants to be vulnerable for, Floran is hooking the legs of the champion here!

ONE!
TWO!!
THR--

J.T. PRICE: The champion keeps her valiant heart beating as she kicks out!

Floran slams her hands to the mat in anger as she slowly gets back to her own feet, looking down at the challenger and looking to target the legs but Red Riot comes back to life in the match and hoists up Contessa up to her shoulders in the Fireman’s Carry position before dropping her down with the Protect Your Neck- the Ushigoroshi driving Contessa’s neck down onto Red’s knee, leaving Floran to clutch her neck and roll out of the ring. Riot is left in the ring with the champion, she clutches at the head of Zane and drags her to her feet before whipping her to the ropes but he springboards off of them with the Backflip Headscissors Driver! The Mega Driver drives Red’s head to the mat and that takes down Riot. Zane’s fired up as she looks to the outside and notices Floran getting back to her feet, Zane rebounds off of the ropes and flies over the top with a Over The Top Rope No-Handed Corkscrew Moonsault Plancha that knocks Floran back down to the floor. Zane lets out a roar to get the crowd pumped up, and they respond in cheers.

TREY BOOKER: Zane is gaining her fire here again tonight and it’s tough to see her go through so much and still have this fire in her, because I’ve seen many people that are exactly like Zane and it never ends up going down pretty.

J.T. PRICE: This is the Warrior Rising Champion you’re speaking about here, Trey, have some respect at least for the champion showing no remorse for those looking to topple her place right now.

Zane grabs Floran and throws her into the ring apron, her spine being slammed into the side of the ring apron as she winces in pain from being thrown into it. Zane begins to walk up the ramp of the arena, stopping at around half way up it before turning her attention back at Contessa Floran, leaning back against the ring apron. Zane begins her running charge to Floran, but Floran just ducks her head as Red Riot flies through the middle ropes with a Tope Suicida that catches Zane in her speeding run! All three women are left laying on the outside, except for one, and that being Contessa Floran. She grabs two handfuls of hair from Zane and drags her into the ring, Floran notices Riot slowly getting to her feet and begins to run around to gain some momentum. As she reaches closer to Riot, she leaps onto the steps and connects a Missile Dropkick to Riot and knocks her back down before entering the ring.

TREY BOOKER: Floran might close the gap and aim to win, the Warrior Rising Championship is within her reach if she just perfects everything and shoots to kill here!

Floran takes notice of Zane dragging herself to the corner and lifting herself up with her arms, Floran then proceeds to make a quick running charge in before leaping and jumping down on the right arm of which Zane lifted herself up off of the mat with. The champion is screaming with pain as she holds her right arm, rolling around the ring and kicking with the amount of pain that shot into her arm. Floran grabs the head of Zane and lifts her to her feet, facing the corner as Floran leaps onto the second rope but Zane was quick to land a kick to the back of Floran’s legs, making her lose balance and slip. Floran grabs a hold of the top rope to hold her in place as she hangs above the ring mat, but Zane takes the opportunity when Floran is vulnerable and climbs to the top rope, seeing the dropzone and DRIVING BOTH FEET INTO THE CHEST OF FLORAN WITH THE DOUBLE FOOT STOMP!!!

J.T. PRICE: JUST STAMP THE TICKET MAN!! SHE GOT ALL OF IT AND SHE’S NOT DONE THERE YET, HOISTING FLORAN BACK UP, THIS TIME TO THE TOP!!

Zane leaves Floran hanging by her feet on the top rope as SHE DROPS HER DOWN WITH THE HANGMAN’S NECKBREAKER, CRESCENT CRACKER CONNECTS AS ZANE HOOKS THE LEGS OF FLORAN!

ONE!
TWO!!
THRE--

FLORAN KICKS OUT!! FLORAN KICKS OUT A FEW MILLISECONDS AWAY FROM BEING PINNED!!! Zane is visibly in shock over Floran kicking out so close from three, she holds her head in shock before looking around her to find where Red Riot is, potentially seeking another route to win this match. Zane slowly gets to her feet and looks to where she last saw Riot, but there’s nobody on the outside. Zane turns back around and finds herself in the crosshairs of a Nomisugi Knee from Red Riot as she snuck around to behind Zane! Riot goes back out to the apron, pushing Zane away from the ropes and springboarding in with *Blood Gradient”, Zane’s head spiked from the impact of the Springboard Reverse DDT. Riot crawls over to a downed Zane but so does Floran, and both women grab a hold of the champion. They both look at one another and respectfully yet slowly rise to their feet at the same time.

TREY BOOKER: You can easily cut the tension in that ring with a knife, J.T. There is so much at stake here that these three just don’t know how to simply give up or give in to the pain and the inflicting torture they’ve went through here. There’s so much these three want to achieve in their careers here in Project: Honor that they’ve definitely shown the crowd exactly what they’re full of, and that’s the hunger to be the best around today!

Red fires off with the sharp elbow strike to the head of Floran, but she answers back with one of her own, as does Riot with Floran following right after. Riot shakes it off and kicks Floran down with a Big Boot, sending her back and into the ropes but she rebounds back and connects a Rolling Elbow that stuns Riot enough to make her fall back to the ropes as she rebounds and drops Floran with a Cyclone Kick to the head. Zane slowly gets back to her feet, connects a Bicycle Knee to the side of Riot’s head and watches her stagger a bit before rebounding off the ropes with another Bicycle Knee to the side of Riot’s head. The champion rebounds for one more running attack but a HUGE Lariat takes down the champion from Riot! Red picks up Zane grabs her in a Muay Thai clinch, before driving her right knee upwards and to the head, continuing to do so again and again and again until Zane is down onto the mat where Riot begins to stomp down on the head of the champion repeatedly.

J.T. PRICE: Riot has been pushing hard to get the champion down and out and she might be closing in on that moment right now, this could be her chance to take the Warrior Rising Championship from Zane!

Riot drags the lifeless carcass of Zane to the corner, sitting her up where she sits there without even moving an inch. Riot finds herself in the opposite corner from Zane and sets her sights on the target. She takes one glance to her right and notices Floran crawling her way over to the ropes slowly as she charges in to Zane and drives both knees into the champion with Red Ryder! The champion is once again set down to rest in the corner as Riot now sets her focus to Floran. Jumping Knee lands from Riot to Floran, who just stood up and now staggers back into the ropes and into the corner. Riot quickly pounces in and lands a sharp Elbow to the jaw of Floran before driving her Elbow back with some Side Elbow Strikes to Floran’s skull. Leaving her more fatigued with each elbow hitting. Gamengiri from Riot leaves Floran to stumble forward and out of the corner as Riot heads out to the apron, setting her sights on Floran as she leaps onto the ropes AND SOARS DOWN WITH THE BLOODLINE FOREARM! RIOT SLOWLY CRAWLS OVER TO FLORAN, A SLOW SCRAMBLE TO HER ONLY CHANCE AT WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN THIS MATCH AS SHE DRAPES AN ARM OVER FLORAN FOR THE COVER!

ONE!
TWO!!
THREE--

ZANE BROKE UP THE PIN!! ZANE VALIANTLY WILL NOT LET HER CHAMPIONSHIP GO AWAY SO SOON!!

TREY BOOKER: There is HEART! There is TENACITY! There is FIRE inside of Zane that WILL NOT GO AWAY for as long as she has that championship within her possession!

J.T. PRICE: These three have thrown absolutely everything at one another and we’re nowhere near finished at this rate, this has exceeded expectations of everything we’ve ever expected! This might just be Match of The Night- no, MATCH OF THE GOD DAMN YEAR!!

Zane is the first to her feet, followed by Red Riot, and Zane is just SHOOTING FROM THE HIP with the kicks to the torso and the legs of Riot, pushing her into the corner as Zane comes in with a Step Up Enzuigiri to Riot! Zane leaps to the second rope, coming off of it with a Tornado Flatliner bringing her and Riot down to the mat before she curls up and uses the leg to lock in the Mettatemmie Lock! The Koji Clutch is applied and Riot is trapped, she has nowhere to go as she uses her long legs to reach for the ropes. Zane tightens the leg grip around Riot’s neck in a last desperation move to make sure Riot succumbs to the submission and it’s working! Riot is fading away as the referee checks on her, raising the arm and watches it fall!

ONE!

The referee shakes her hand again, raising it up and watching it fall to the mat for a second time!

TWO!!

Riot is close to being taken out from the match and close to letting Zane regain her championship, no sign of Floran- as she lays down on the floor, unaware of what’s happening in the ring right now. The referee shakes the arm for a third time, raising it up and watching it fall to the mat for the third time-- NO!! RIOT KEEPS THE ARM UP, SHE STRUGGLES TO MOVE BUT SHE EVER SO SLOWLY CRAWLS TO THE ROPES, BUT THE REFEREE WARNS HER OF NO ROPE BREAK! RIOT, WITH EVERY OUNCE OF POWER IN HER, ROLLS OVER AND ALLOWS HERSELF AND ZANE TO FALL OUT OF THE RING THROUGH THE ROPES!!

TREY BOOKER: Riot hung on! She hung on to the ropes and let Zane fall down HARD to the floor below and this might be where the end could be closing in now, she’s got Floran slowly making her way back into the ring and with one good shot, this will be history rewritten here!

Floran rolls back into the ring slowly as Riot rolls herself back in and gets to her feet, the double gun points to Floran as she sits in the corner and Riot begins the running charge but Floran shoots up to her feet! SMOKE SIGNAL!! IN THE EYES OF RIOT!! RIOT IS BLINDED AS FLORAN REBOUNDS AND CONNECTS A STIFF RUNNING EUROPEAN UPPERCUT TO RIOT!! CONTESSA LETS OUT A BANSHEE-LIKE SQUEAL AND BEGINS TO GRAB THE LEGS, AND LOCKING IN THE MUTA LOCK!! THE OBLIVIATOR IS LOCKED IN TIGHT AND RIOT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE TO GO!! SHE HAS NOWHERE TO GO!!

J.T. PRICE: THIS MIGHT BE IT! THIS MIGHT BE WHAT SEALS THE DEAL FOR FLORAN! WE’RE GOING TO HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!!

Riot is STRUGGLING to breathe! She has nowhere to go and Zane is now slowly getting to her feet, finally seeing what’s taking place as she scrambles to the apron, but she takes her time as Riot is so close to tapping out. Zane goes all the way up top-- JUST STAMP THE TICKET MAN!!! RIGHT DOWN ONTO FLORAN!!!

TREY BOOKER: SO CLOSE! SO CLOSE! FLORAN ALMOST HAD IT IN HER SIGHTS!

Zane slowly gets back to her feet, groggy still and sitting in the corner waiting for Floran to make a move. Contessa slowly stands up and is met with a Busaiku Knee Strike from Zane, Floran scrambles to her feet quickly in an attempt to save herself as much as she can. Zane goes to attack Floran in the corner but she gets the boot up and catches the champion on the jaw, Zane staggers back as Floran charges in BUT IS CAUGHT WITH A JUJI-GATAME!! THE CROSS ARMBREAKER IS APPLIED AND FLORAN HAS NOWHERE TO GO-- ZANE USES HER FORCE TO ROLL FLORAN UP TO A PINNING PREDICAMENT!!

J.T. PRICE: WAIT!! THE ULTIMATE TRAP CARD!!!

TREY BOOKER: IS THIS IT?!

ONE!
TWO!!
THREE!!!

DING! DING! DING!

J.T. PRICE: IT IS! ZANE RETAINS HER TITLE!!

“Hopes and Dreams” by Cement City plays out through the arena’s PA System as Zane quickly rolls out of the ring and retrieves her title, running up the ramp before falling down and looking back behind her to see Contessa Floran in a pure fit of rage as she stares down the champion.

HOLLY PEREZ: Here is your winner, and STILL the Project: Honor Warrior Rising Champion… ZAAAAAAAANEEEEEEE!!!!

Zane smiles from ear to ear as she watches her opponents weep in defeat but she stands tall above the rest, letting everyone know she remains to be the champion that Project: Honor deserves.

TREY BOOKER: What a match! What a fight that was, it was like watching a rags to riches story be untold in this entire match even if Zane was the champion going into it. She fought hard to get that one final moment to seize the opportunity and retain her Project: Honor Warrior Rising Championship!

(As Zane is celebrating her victory in the ring, suddenly her music starts to warp a little bit at which point the lights in the arena also start to flicker in bits here and there throughout the local area before suddenly they go out in full, casting the entire place into darkness at which point there a strange bit of instrumental music can be heard playing-haunting and eerie at the same time in the pitch as several cell phone flashlights start to key up until finally a voice can be faintly heard mixed in with the music)

[Voice]:
Look at what you've created....
...I am the eater of worlds....
Someone..to feed me...
...*Feed* me..

(Suddenly a pair of figures appear on the entrance way, it is none other than Alex Slayer and Devon Slayton. When Alex reaches the middle of the entrance stage, he stops and slowly extends his arms out to his sides as he tilts his head back as Everyone loves a Villain's "Eater of Worlds" continues to play)

[Song]:
Please don't indulge me
I am sick and I'm empty
Guided by the voices in my head
My Head

Twisted by words that cut deep in my skin
Creating this monster
Consumed by the end
Oh no!
What have I become

(Suddenly the lights in the arena go back to normal as the music cuts away as Devon hands his charge a mic with a faint smile on his face)

Alex: Zane. I wanted to address the comments that you made a couple of days ago and I wanted to do them in a more...honest manner than like some keyboard jockeys that I’ve seen do.

This is more respect than I’ve shown anyone else, so you should consider yourself honored enough for me to come out here and say this to your face rather than treat you like I’ve done to so many others in the past, and that is not arrogance speaking but the honest truth. Anyone that knows me knows that I’m not one to mince words or hide what I think.

J.T.: That is true, the man really does not do anything half assed.

Trey: That may be, but Zane here is no slouch either and she might actually be quite the challenge for Alex if he tries anything here tonight.

(Alex looks at Zane for a couple of seconds before he indicates her with his right hand)

Alex:
You are a very skilled wrestler Zane, which is why I’m putting this forward to you. Here and now, I am throwing down the gauntlet at your feet as a formal challenge.

(The crowds erupt at the thought of these two getting it on in the ring but Alex then uses his free hand to halt the crowd’s reactions for a moment)

Alex:
However, while it is up to the powers that be to make it a title match or not..it matters not to me at this moment, what matters to me is the challenge.

So gold or no gold, I’m challenging you one fighter to another...please don’t keep me waiting for an answer, Zane.

(Wandering the halls of the backstage area of the TD Garden, Lillie Saint looked around at all the doors. Finding executive offices, and unlabeled rooms, she struggled to find the room that her brother, Colton Saint would be hanging around in with Kimberly Chase. Staff members passed, giving Lillie a chance to speak up to them, but her pride kept her quiet. Frustration set in as she looked down at a piece of paper, containing the map of the backstage area that was given to her by Rock Johnson himself. Distracted by the paper, two people stood behind her. They simply watched Lillie struggle to figure out where to go next. Instinct led her to turn around, only to run directly into Colton himself. Joined by Kimberly, the two look down at her.)

LILLIE SAINT: “Colton, please we need to talk.”

KIMBERLY CHASE: “He’s done talking to you, you little troll. Just leave now.”

(The anger began to set in on Lillie, as she stared daggers at Kimberly. She was so fed up with the attitude this witch had given her, not to mention the influence she has over Colton.)

LILLIE SAINT: “Please? Colton, I just want to get something off my chest.”

(As the X-Factor Champion looked down at her, he watched intently. Kimberly tried to get his attention instead, but his eyes remained locked on his little sister.)

COLTON SAINT: “Go on.”

LILLIE SAINT: “I don’t really know the best way to say this, so I’m just going to have to be honest here. Colton, ever since we were little, you’ve always been the big, overprotective brother who would scare off everyone around me with a simple glare. That same glare that you’re giving me right now. It struck fear into a lot of people, but it wasn’t you. It wasn’t the real you. All the bonfires with the family, all the times we would watch Uncle Mick drink himself stupid and almost fall into the flames. I need you to just tell me that you remember all this.”

(Short on patience, Kimberly attempted to step in between the two, but it didn’t stop Lillie from continuing.)

LILLIE SAINT: “The moment when I first told you that I became a professional wrestler, you laughed at me for not knowing how to talk to an audience, or in front of a camera. With your help, I became pretty good, I think. With your help, I threw all the fear out the window when it came to this business. Now, I know I haven’t been perfect, maybe I abandoned you over the recent months, but damn it, I did my best to balance this all out. You found her and then, poof, you were gone in a heartbeat. You don’t return my calls, you don’t answer texts, you don’t even look at me when we cross paths anymore.”

KIMBERLY CHASE: “There’s an obvious reason for that.”

LILLIE SAINT: “I didn’t ask you… I talk, you guys listen.”

(A little bit of fire came out of Lillie that not many have seen before. The fun loving, silly natured rookie found herself in a moment of impatience on her own. She couldn’t let this continue.)

LILLIE SAINT: “Colton.. I joined this business because of you. I used to see the awesome things you would do. You’d go out there and make people happy, you’d smile so wide every time you’d see a sign with your name on it, or people chanting for you. It was contagious! I wanted to do that, and decided eventually to do just that. I thought I could begin this journey to be like you, my big brother. It’s not there, though, is it? I mean, what would our trainer say? He’d be horrified at your behavior. What would Mom sa..”

(Not even able to finish the sentence, Lillie could only look on as Colton stepped closer to her, lowering himself to her level as he glared into her eyes.)

COLTON SAINT: “Don’t..ever..talk about Mom. Okay? I listened until you said that word. We’re done here.”

(Kimberly once again stepped in between the two, smirking at Lillie.)

KIMBERLY CHASE: “I’m so sorry you wasted a cheap flight to come down here. Enjoy the rest of your night here in Boston..”

(The smirk quickly turned into a scowl as Kimberly slammed her shoulder into Lillie, forcing her way past the little red head. Colton slowly followed. Lillie felt herself slowly beginning to snap, following after them. Colton had walked into the locker room, followed by Kimberly.)

LILLIE SAINT: “GOD DAMN IT, COLTON!! QUIT LISTENING TO HER!!”

KIMBERLY CHASE: “Tread lightly, troll. You may not like the next step. Colton, let’s go ahead and take care of your shoulder, I need you big and strong for your match.”

(In an attempt to speak up again, Lillie felt the door slam directly in her face. Stepping back in frustration, Lillie looked choked up as she made her way down the hallway. As she turned the corner, she muttered to herself..)

LILLIE SAINT: “Fuck..”

(She began to slowly back up, as three of the thugs walked towards her. Security was nowhere to be found this time. She backpedaled down the hall, as three more thugs began approaching her from the other side.)

LILLIE SAINT: “You know what? FINE!”

(No chance to choose, she took a swing at a thug, knocking him to the ground. Before she could even capitalize on the punch, the rest of the thugs swarmed on her. A right hand from another thug knocked her back, but she charged in, trying to double leg the guy. In spite of nearly knocking him off his feet, the other thugs grounded Lillie with stomps.)

LILLIE SAINT: “Shit.. Myo.. Zane.. Anybody..”

(The call for help went seemingly unheard, as the kicks were laid into her. Weakened from the attack, Lillie kept trying to take one of them down, but it just wasn’t happening.)

THUG: “Get her up..”

(The other thugs pull Lillie up, pushing her back into the wall.)

THUG: “You shouldn’t have come here..”

(The heavy handed thug brought his hand back, ready to strike Lillie. He threw the punch, but met a strong tackle to the ground from out of nowhere. Lillie could only watch as the other thugs let her go, all of them stunned by what was in front of them. With blood rushing to his skin so aggressively that he was nearly red, the man stood up. It was her big brother, after all.)

LILLIE SAINT: “Colton?”

(A look of fear was shared across the faces of several thugs, as they quickly found the exit. Another thug forearmed him across the back, only to be thrown to the ground and stomped repeatedly across the face. One last thug tried to be brave, wanting to punch the man, but his head jerked around, staring at the thug.)

THUG: “Hey, fuck this. We’re good. We’re good.”

(The last remaining thug backed away cautiously. Lillie held her ribs for a moment before looking at Colton. She began to walk towards him.)

LILLIE SAINT: “Colton, I’m so gla..”

(A vicious glare came at his sister, as Colton grabbed onto her with one hand, shoving her aggressively into the wall!)

KIMBERLY CHASE: “Colton, get over here! We need to get you to the ring...NOW!!!”

(The ominous stare continued down at the fallen Lillie, who was holding her head while trying to figure out what just happened. He slowed down his breathing before turning his whole body away to storm down the hallway. The last image of her brother was of him stomping away with Kimberly on their way to the corridor to the arena.)

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 Nb6Wi6n

The camera cuts to the ring where HOLLY PEREZ: is standing by with a mic in hand.

DING! DING! DING!

HOLLY PEREZ:: This match is the opening match of the evening and is a non-title, ONE FALL match! Introducing first…

On the video screen, small flashes of yellow trickle in and out as “In The Still Of The Night” by The Five Satins can be heard from a distance. The camera pans in with the beautiful Kimberly Chase laying her head on a man’s shoulder, slow dancing with him. She rotates in the dance, allowing the camera to see Colton Saint holding onto her, with a content smile on his face. The two share a moment together.

As the shot pans out, Colton and Kimberly continue their slow dance. Surrounded by burning cars, and damaged bodies on the ground. They smile at one another, giving Colton the opportunity to reach down at one of the victims, snatching the necklace off of her. He looks at it, before putting it on around Kimberly’s neck. The two share a smile as the elation takes over for Kimberly, who motions her head towards him.

“I think we need to add to our collection.”

The sinister, devilish smile arrives on her face as Colton slowly nods, as the movie begins to fade out.

The thunderous percussion blasts through the speakers as “Unsettling Differences” by Blue Smock Nancy starts up. Time delayed white strobe lights flicker in and out every few seconds.

Kimberly, with the X-Factor title over her shoulder, walks ahead of Colton towards the end of the ramp. Her eyes narrow at the ringside fans, holding onto her necklace as if it were her own, walking closely to the fans before Colton steps in the way, keeping himself between the fans and her.

Kimberly smirks as they cower out of the way at his glance. He moves slowly alongside her before turning towards the hard camera. In a sudden burst of energy, Colton grabs the top rope, and climbs onto the ring apron, looking down at Kimberly before standing himself up. He lowers her arm to her, allowing her to grip onto him as he slowly pulls her up onto the apron. They stare longing into each other’s eyes, before slowly turning to a glare at the audience.The slow scowl on Kimberly’s face pierces through the camera, before turning her head towards Colton, tugging at his jaw to make him look at her. She looks down at the middle rope before leaning down against it, allowing Colton to get into the ring, before he holds it open for her. She follows him into the ring, paying more attention to each other, painting the audience as cheap background characters.

They walk towards the middle of the ring, with the slow movements of Colton breaking as he sprints towards the ropes, bouncing off before hitting the other side. He runs the ropes, as Kimberly watches him, rubbing the chain of her necklace with a smile on her face.

Going from the full sprint to the sudden stop, Colton keeps his eyes on Kimberly, who gives him direction on the contest. He scowls as his eyes rise to what lies ahead of him.

J.T. PRICE::

TREY BOOKER::

HOLLY PEREZ:: And his opponent, standing 6'4'' and weighing in at 265 lbs; Hailing from Skull Valley, Arizona, he is the "The Underground Demon" The Predator!

The arena lights go out, causing a hushed commotion through out the arena.  A Day To Remember's "2nd Sucks" begins to build as  a hush grows over the audience.

"Fight!"

The crowd parts as The Predator makes his way to the ring through the masses.  A spotlight finds him as he wades through the masses, some cheering in recognition of the cult phenomenon, as others throw beer and boo.  Security rush the scene and block off the crowd as the stoic Predator snaps around and threatens to retaliate to the jeers.  Finally, after his long trek through the crowd, he hops the barricade, rolls into the ring, and stands ominously in the center.

J.T. PRICE:: When asked whether or not Project Honor is a show appropriate for minors to watch, I point to this man - the Predator. When this man is on your television sets, only let children watch if you want them to believe the monsters of Halloween are real.

TREY BOOKER:: I may have been a doubter before, but he executed his opponent in the center of the ring last week after tearing the roof down. You don’t need words when you put up results.

DING DING DING!

Colton smirks, and with a hand points up and down The Predator’s ring attire as The Predator’s laser focused on the man across the ring, taunting him,  smiling and yelling out to Kimberly ‘Sorry, I didn’t know I was fighting a literal predator, I would’ve brought my alien costume!’ Colton holds onto the ropes while wiping a fake tear rolling down his face, before the Last Remaining Outlaw draws the line in the sand while reaching out for a shoulder and collar tie to start things off with a grapple. He doesn’t get to tell a second joke before he’s flung backwards, landing hard on his ass, with one hell of a throw from The Predator! Any ounce of smugness on Colton’s face is left on the mat - in a fit of rage, he rushes from the ground and lets an extended arm and a running start say how he really feels, LAAAAAAARIAT! Predator stands his ground! The silent assassin’s right hand blocks Colton’s shot, and he uses this grip to fling one of the most successful fighters in Project Honor with a toss suplex sending Colton to the turnbuckles! Colton Saint holds his back through the grunting and yowling on his way to his feet, as Predator runs straight at him! Whether it’s experience, whether it’s Kimberly screaming at him from the outside, Colton rolls from the ropes and to the floor before Predator flattens him. With a seemingly effortless display of strength hidden behind his mask, the crowd erupts with praise! Kimberly and Colton gameplan at ringside!

TREY BOOKER:: King of the Underground is trying to put Colton THROUGH the ring?

J.T. PRICE:: Let’s be clear here : Colton isn’t anybody’s cruiserweight. He’s two hundred thirty two pounds of American muscle. The Predator just treated him like a Ford Focus at a monster truck rally. You can’t see his face, but you can FEEL the death stare.

ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!

Sick of watching Colton and Kimberly scheme and plot, The Predator slides underneath the ropes and makes a beeline for Colton! Colton guides Kimberly out of the line of fire and starts backing away and circling the ring to escape the beast hunting him down! Predator climbs over the steel steps and starts closing in! Colton turns tail and slides into the ring! The Predator pursuits, but gets stopped in his tracks by a wrestling boot across the face! Then another! Then another! Colton starts kicking a mudhole in Predator, like he’s going to put this Underground fighter where his name implies! Predator eats the damage on his way to a stand to Colton’s disbelief! A single leg takedown drags The Predator onto his back, and Colton drags his boot across The Predator’s mask! He barks, ‘HOWS THAT’, only to notice The Predator starting to rise! Colton steps a few paces back for a running start, and a KNEE to the skull CRASHES into The Predator! Colton leans over the ropes and shouts ‘BACK TO THE HAUNTED HOUSE WITH HIM, YEEAH?’ It’s like lightning struck nearby with how thunderous the booing is! Colton frowns and turns around to Predator, holding his forehead and powering to his feet. Starting to get annoyed, Colton drags his faceless foe’s head underneath his shoulder and tucks his arm, starting to lift him from the ground with a snap suplex! He lifts Predator off his feet, but Predator manages to keep his base steady! The Last Breathing Outlaw takes Predator’s breath away with a close quarters knee to the solar plexus and makes a second attempt - he manages to get Predator three-fourths of the way, before Predator lands back on his feet. The third attempt turns things inside out - COLTON’s lifted from HIS feet, tossed up in the air, where The Predator’s OVERHAND CHOP DIGS INTO COLTONS CHEST LIKE ITS LOOKING FOR OIL! COLTON CRUMBLES TO THE GROUND, GASPING FOR AIR! A HAND SHAPED WELT SHINES BRIGHTLY ON COLTONS TORSO AS THE MAN ROLLS TO THE ROPES FOR A MUCH NEEDED BREAK! THE AUDIENCE BEGINS TO CHEER FOR PREDATOR, BUT PRAISE FALLS UPON DEAF EARS! HE’S SOLELY FOCUSED ON COLTON!

The ring official’s only able to hold The Predator back for so long before he’s brushed past, as Colton uses every second he can get of rope break to get the wind back in his sails. The Predator tries yanking him into a biel throw, but eats an elbow to where Colton’d guess his nose is instead! His second try ends with a chop across The Predator’s chest, earning WOOO’s from members of the audience. The Predator resigns the plan to retrieve Colton from the ropes and tries putting Colton through them, a la bicycle kick! It misses the mark, with Colton circling out of dodge, and the momentum sends The Predator’s leg over the second rope. Colton doesn’t flinch - a kick that lands loudly enough to make the front row of the audience quiver nails Silent Assassin behind the leg holding him upright and sends him crumbling to the ground. Colton’s a man on a mission, mouthing off about ‘Oh, you one of those kicky jumping beans?’ Switching gameplans, Colton makes it hail stomps on The Predator’s trapped leg!

‘This entire ring?’ Colton barks, sliding onto the ring apron. The Predator uses the ropes to aide him to his feet, reaches for Colton’s face with homicidal intent, but Colton’s able to grab The Predator’s leg first! ROPE TRAPPED DRAGON SCREW SENDS THE RING ROPES INTO THE PREDATOR’S RIGHT THIGH, AND THE ROPES DONT GIVE! LIKE THE WOLF WITH HIS FANGS AROUND THE NECK OF HIS PREY, COLTON DOESN’T GIVE! HE HOPS DOWN TO THE FLOOR, AND SWEEPS THE UNDERGROUND’S DEMON’S LEGS FROM UNDERNEATH HIM! WITH AN ANNOYED GLARE ACROSS HIS VISAGE, THE PREDATOR’S LEGS ARE DRAPED AROUND THE CORNER POST! COLTON HOLDS PREDATORS RIGHT THIGH AT THE POST AND SWINGS FOR A HOME RUN! THE ENTIRE FANBASE IS GREETED WITH THE SICKENING SOUND OF FLESH AND BONE MEETING METAL!

‘NO!’

ANOTHER CRACK!

‘FLY’

ANOTHER!

‘ZONE!’

ANOTHER! ONE LAST IMPACT BEFORE PREDATOR SNAPS HIS LEG BACK HARD ENOUGH TO YANK COLTON FACE FIRST INTO THE POST OUT OF SHEER PAIN, FURY, AND BLOODLUST BEGGING HIM TO RETURN THE FAVOR! HE REACHES OUT TO COLTON WITH ALL THE ILL INTENT IN THE WORLD, BUT THE SECOND HE TRIES TO PUT WEIGHT ON THAT LEG HE CRUMBLES! COLTON IS ON CLOUD NINE!

TREY BOOKER:: Colton’s smile is TOO big. He’s reveling in it. He doesn’t care about hurting people.

J.T. PRICE:: The only two people Colton cares about come out when his entrance music hits - everyone else is just scrap metal.

With the tower’s foundation destroyed, Colton goes on the hunt. When he rolls into the ring, Predator’s right leg is the one he hooks as he goes for the pin.

ONE!

Predator doesn’t just break the pin - he tosses Colton clean off of him. Bemused, Colton combs a hand through his hair and climbs to his feet where The Predator’s already putting the one good leg he’s got underneath him to get back to doing what The Predator does best. Colton Saint’s front facelock positions Predator for a Double Plant DDT but The Predator doesn’t take his medicine sitting down, instead burying his fist into anything Colton lets him reach! Most punches pepper Colton’s stomach with uppercuts and hooks, but before the tide turns, Colton’s kick to Predator’s thigh brings Predator to his knees! A snap suplex makes sure Predator isn’t on his knees for long! He uses the ropes to climb to his feet and turns to see Colton rushing at him! He counters with a lariat! Colton springs up and nearly gets decapitated with another! Predator catches Colton as he stands with an arm around his torso that lets him hoist Colton up for a uranage slam, but his right leg gives before he can spike Colton onto the mat! Colton capitalized by shoving Predator to the ropes as he’s off balance, and meeting him on the rebound with a TWO HUNDRED POUNDS OF AMERICAN MUSCLE CAVING HIS CHEST IN! ROFFLESTOMP! DOUBLE STOMP TO THE CHEST! Once again, Colton hooks the right leg as he goes for the cover!

ONE!
TWO!

Predator JUST manages to get a shoulder up!

TREY BOOKER:: That’s veteran knowledge. Each time Predator kicks out, he’s gotta do more damage to his own leg. That’s the kind of stuff that chips down an average fighter and wears down his resistance, but I doooon’t know if you can compare this Demon to an average fighter.

J.T. PRICE:: He isn’t hesitating - it doesn’t matter the costs, Predator’s willing to pay whatever it takes to put the X-Factor champion on his back.

Colton’s noticeably red while his grasp around the referee’s collar tugs the official into his face, as he scalds the man for failing at the job he’s hardly paid for for a verbal joust, with Colton INSISTING this match is over, but the official doesn’t give! Colton returns to notice his opponent stirring, likely breathing as if he’s inhaling through a straw after the double stomp, but struggling to get back into the fight. Ticked off, Colton lets Predator get to hands and knees before both fists slam across Predator’s back! Then another! More punches and hammers across the back, as he yells, ‘STAY THE HELL DOWN YOU FREAK’, and throws everything but the kitchen sink before the last bit of breath in his lungs shoves Predator back first onto the mat before an exhausted Outlaw drops to the mat. Putting one hand in front of the other, Colton fights through the exhaustion and tries to drape an arm over the Demon for a pin. Instead, he’s treated to that untelling black mask drilling holes into his skull as PREDATOR SITS RIGHT UP, fighting through the hell he’s been put through, before clamping a hand around Colton’s throat! Limping to his feet, Predator slowly starts to stand! Colton returns to ol’ reliable, a kick to the leg to free himself from the choke, and tries following it up with a haymaker! Predator ducks, and hoists Colton from his feet! URANAGE DRILLS COLTON IN THE CENTER OF THE RING! Both men fall to the ground!

TREY BOOKER:: Where the hell did Predator find the strength for that?

J.T. PRICE:: My guess is as good as yours!

ONE!
TWO!
THREE!
FOUR!

Predator is the first to his feet! He looks across the ring to see Kimberly desperately pleading for her knight in shining armor to snap to his senses, to no avail! Colton’s lights are on, but there’s nobody home! The stunned Saint gets to feet on nothing but instinct, and is suplexed onto the ground with swiftness! He manages to climb to his feet, and unleashes a cross to the Predator closing in on him - but Predator blocks it with a forearm and puts his entire striking arsenal on display. This is target practice and he’s got a machine gun - starting with hooks to Colton’s jaw, then a well placed knee to the stomach, and he manages to get enough power out of his bum leg to end his flurry by rotating and use a spinning back elbow to jack Colton’s jaw, leaving Saint dead on his feet! Saint stumbles back to the ropes! Predator greets him as soon as he rebounds back, with his OWN DOUBLE STOMP TO THE CHEST!

TREY BOOKER:: Bolt Stunner! Two hundred sixty pounds right on the ribcage!

J.T. PRICE:: This one might be over!

Instead of putting a pretty bow on this match, Predator’s down! Wrapped around his right leg, attempting to scratch, claw, and fight to get to his feet and bring Colton Saint to his knees, but no amount of heart lets him get across the finish line. He loses precious seconds cursing his strength for abandoning him. When he reaches out for the cover, he notices someone else with a similar mindset - Kimberly Chase at ringside, reaching out to her most valuable investment and grasping his wrists to help him crawl to the ropes! The referee yells at her for her interference, but the damage is done! Predator closes in on his kill while staring daggers into Kimberly, lifting Colton to set up the Omega Driver, but a leg sweep trips up Predator’s weakened right leg! Embodying carpe diem, Colton seizes the moment with a pin!

ONE!
TWO!

Colton kicks both feet onto the ropes!

THREE!

DING! DING! DING!

HOLLY PEREZ:: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this match; The Last Breathing Outlaw, Colton Saint!

TREY BOOKER:: Once again, Colton steals it! The dirtiest player in the game gets another notch on his belt!

J.T. PRICE:: Kimberly is worth her weight in gold… the X-Factor champion proves him and his business associate know no limits to the lows they’ll stoop to win at all costs. Predator fought like a warrior, and Colton took advantage of that warrior’s honor. Sickening.

There’s no rest for the wicked - Colton is an absolute bat out of hell sliding out of the ring and sneaking away with his victory, accompanied by Kimberly. He swats through the outstretched hands of audience members cursing him for putting his bad behavior on display, and wears a proud grin as the Underground Legend rises from the pin with fists clenched.

THE VOICE:  My...how interesting....

The Voice begins to speak with the screen opening up to him standing what looks like backstage, a huge smile across his face.  He is once again fully dressed in a three-piece suit, a single overhead light casting a sinister shadow across his face.

THE VOICE:   Isn't it curious how they lead their heroes out to the slaughter?  I guess when they've outlived their purpose.....the truth is: heroes?  Villains?  They are merely lambs to the slaughter which begs the question?  Do good and evil really matter?  I said that tonight he would be making an example. You did well mister Saint.  They always say, "Every dog has his day" so congratulations: you win this round.

THE VOICE:  As I said, it's time to start setting an example around here...no more Mr. Nice Guy

TREY BOOKER:  Mister Nice Guy?  Who is this guy kidding?

J.T. PRICE: I said it before, I'll say it again...he's a nobody.

'Nobody. Nobody.' The voice of JT Price echoes around the arena, Trey turning to his counterpart as the immobile form of the Predator moves to the edge of the ring and stands facing the announcer table, arms folded across his chest.

TREY BOOKER:  What are you doing?

J.T. PRICE: It's not me, I don't know how to stop it.

THE VOICE:   Mister Price.

The monitor cuts to a clip from Proving Grounds 5 as the Predator makes his way to the ring.

J.T. PRICE: That's how underground sensations work, Trey.  Seen also in the dictionary under; nobodies.

The lights shut down in the arena to pitch black and the screen goes blank leaving a single, solitary spotlight pointing straight down above JT Price.

THE VOICE:  Interesting choice of words, mister Price.  I can assure you of one thing: he is very much someone.

J.T. PRICE: Come on now, I didn't mean it!

THE VOICE:   You see, there is a very important lesson to be learned here: he is listening.  He is watching.  I said tonight he would be making an example out of someone.  As you may already know, mister Price he is the Predator.

J.T. PRICE: Yea, yea I know that!

THE VOICE:  And I'm sure by now you must realize....you...are the prey.

J.T. PRICE: Where is he going with this...

TREY BOOKER:  I don't know but I don't like it.

THE VOICE:  You see, mister Price.  The lesson here that you and everyone would do well to learn is to shut your mouth.

TREY BOOKER:  I don't like this one bit.

The lights come back on and the Predator now appears standing directly behind JT Price, grabbing the back of his neck with one hand, ramming his face into the top of the table.  The thud of his head ricocheting off the table turns to feedback as his headset is jammed into his face, dangling loosely over his neck.

THE VOICE:  Or he'll have it wired shut for you.

J.T. PRICE: Oh fuc-

The microphone is cut off as the Predator pulls JT to his feet, jerking him free of the wired headset, cord trailing behind him.  The dazed announcer makes a futile attempt to get free, but the hulking man holds firm, dragging him towards the steps.  Booker stands and looks on from behind the Announcer booth, attempting to signal to the back for assistance.

TREY BOOKER:  Get security out here!  Stop that!

The Predator disregards the other commentator as he reaches the edge of the ring and begins forcing the young announcer's face towards the steel stairs.

TREY BOOKER:  Someone get out here!!

Despite his resistance, the Predator is able to get JT's face pressed on the bottom step and begins to pull his arms above his head.  JT can be heard screaming for help as a group of security guards begin to make their way from the back towards the Predator whose foot now presses against the back of JT's head in preparation for the Headshot.

TREY BOOKER:  No, god, you'll kill him.

As the Predator draws back for the final blow, Price's head thuds gently on top of the stair and he looks around.  Above him stands Caliban, a high sidekick having dislodged the large masked man who stands bewildered for a brief moment before driving forwards towards the intruder.  A stiff right connects with the side of the Demon's head but it does little but phase the man who then reaches out to catch the back of Caliban's neck.  The Predator rises with a stiff knee and immediately the two are swarmed by a sea of men in black shirts who try and force the two apart.  Reaching over the crowd, the two angle their bodies to try and get at one another, the Predator briefly breaking free only to catch another hook from Caliban before they pull him back again.

TREY BOOKER:  We gotta get this under control, someone check on JT!

The scene fades to commercial with them men still being held at bay from one another, eyes locked in a de
Admin

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:07 am

The camera cuts to the TD Garden where Callum Walker is standing in the ring with a mic in hand. “Mouth for War” by Pantera is playing in the background. It slowly becomes silent and Callum lifts the mic up to his mouth.

CALLUM WALKER: What a fucking night it’s been, am I right?

CROWD: WE LOVE PH! WE LOVE PH! WE LOVE PH!

CALLUM WALKER: Hell, yeah. That’s what I like to hear. As I stated earlier in the show, I would come back out to announce a few more things before the end of the show and prepare our people in the back and the fans out here, for what’s going to be a BLOODBATH in just a couple weeks from now.

The #1 Contendership Rage in a Cage Match for the Warrior Rising Championship… The eight lucky and unlucky potential contenders to enter will be…

CALIBAN!
INDY DARLING!
JOHNNY C!
SARAH ROBERTS!
ALEX SLAYER!
LEGION!
JAY VAUGHAN!
And… JAY JONES!

The eight of you are going to have a gruesome task at hand; to outlast seven others inside a cage. The only way to win is to eliminate those around you by pinfall or submission. The winner gets to challenge Zane for the Warrior Rising Championship at a date to be announced soon enough.

CROWD: ZANE! ZANE! ZANE!

CALLUM WALKER: It looks like Colton found a way to go without defending his Title once again. You wanted a Champion vs. Champion match with you and Zane, Colton? Well, you both accepted so you’ll get just that, but… you’re the only one left of the Champions that hasn’t defended your Title yet… so… you will be going against Zane just as you wanted. The X-Factor Championship will be on the line, though. Zane will not be defending hers again, but you will be. You’ve held that Title for over a month now without a single defense and you’ve had some amazing challengers sent your way. It’s time to put you to the true test and see if you’re ready for the Grand Championship or not. Prepare yourself, Zane has been dominant as hell for the cute little thing she is.

We will also be having a #1 Contendership to the X-Factor Championship at Bloodbath. It's going to be a one-on-one match between...

RYAN YOUNG AND THE PREDATOR!

No matter the outcome of his match tonight, Ryan young has been impressive in his time here and so has The Predator. Both are very worth contenders and may the best one of you two walk away with the chance to face either Colton or Zane for the X-Factor Championship.

And last but not least… The Grand Championship once again. No one has stepped up to the plate and issued a challenge to Dickie yet. That’s quite depressing if you ask me. A shot at the Grand Championship? A free shot to say the least and not a single person stepping forward. No matter, the night isn’t over yet, so I’m sure SOMEONE will come forward. If not, we’ll figure something out. That’s all I got for you. Enjoy the last portion of the show, I’m sure you’ll find it to be to your liking.

“Mouth for War” by Pantera plays again and Callum drops the mic. The camera cuts out.

The camera’s view opens up to an empty hallway backstage. Panning slowly past a few doors which soon are recognized to be the locker rooms of talent signed to Project: Honor. As it pans, it begins to slow down to a subtle halt in front of one room’s door- One that has a golden star to the side of the name of its owner- MYOJIN. The camera zones out ever so slightly to see the Shining Star himself standing in front of the door- though not dressed in his usual flamboyant ring gear. Instead, he’s wearing some skinny designer jeans, a simple white shirt, a leather jacket, and his trademark Ray-Bans as he turns with a thoughtful expression toward the camera, flashing a row of perfect teeth that almost sparkle through his charismatic smile. In one with his hands is a microphone which he raised up to his lips.

MYOJIN: Greetings and salutations, dear audience! I hope you’ve been enjoying this night of Proving Grounds so far. Oh, excuse me, you’re probably wondering what I’m doing? Or better yet, the announcement I’ve been alluding to for some days now.

His playful grin fades back into that thoughtful look as he turned back to the door; it was clear he was reminiscing.

MYOJIN: It all started here, on the very first Proving Grounds, I was in this locker room, preparing for an all-time classic against Caden Young for a chance at the Grand Championship- and you wouldn’t believe the excitement I was feeling. After all, this was a chance that not even Wrestleworld had offered me- a chance to rise at the top near-instantly if I could just make one of the fastest times. Take a walk with me, will you all?

The blonde places his hands in his pockets as he begins to walk down the hallway, his free hand now resting in the pocket of his jeans.

MYOJIN: Of course, as you all know, I won the match. You all also know that I had one of the slowest times. I didn’t get that chance at the Grand Championship. Though I was in a tag match with… Saint.

The Aristocrat’s eyes narrow with disdain as he utters the name.

MYOJIN: And we won against the Grand title competitors. And I was also in the tournament to crown the inaugural X-Factor Champion that… he caused me to lose against Caden, someone I’ve shown I’m more than capable of forcing to submit. Then in a recent match against the X-Factor Champion himself, I knew if I beat him, I’d have a claim as the number one contender- and I did beat Colt, I forced him to start panicking to the point where he had to get himself disqualified- but alas, that didn’t lead to the result I was hoping for.

The Shining Stars frowns, rubbing his smooth chin with an exaggerated pout.

MYOJIN: It seemed that every chance I gained at reaching a step closer to the grandest piece of gold there is in this company, I was forced two steps back. Almost as if fate itself refused to allow me to take the easy and simpler path.

He continues to walk. It’s clear now as he heads down the hallway, he’s moving toward the entrance curtains that lead to the ring. He steps through and heads down the ramps, the crowd cheers at the physical sight, and his smile returns as he looks around to see their approval, briefly basking in their positive energy before continuing to walk to the ring.

MYOJIN: But then I remembered something recently because of that win by disqualification, and seeing the fact that I now rank at NUMBER ONE of the Elite Five with five wins and one loss, above the Grand Champion himself, Dickie Watson- and that stellar match he had against Jacob Steele.

The cheers grow louder as they begin to realize what point he’s leading up to. He climbs up the steel steps and passes the middle rope into the center of the ring. MYOJIN then stares at the hard camera, brushing his golden hair away from his face.

MYOJIN: I realized that I was wrong, I  actually can take a much easier path to what I want. After all, the champion has been hosting an open challenge- and you know what that means? First come, first serve… and seeing how I outrank the champion and that he has no opponent for the upcoming Pay Per View...

MYOJIN: Why… not offer myself?

MYOJIN: So, what do you say, Dickie? How about you, me, that pretty little belt around your shoulder, and the hundreds of thousands that’ll be in attendance have a date at Bloodbath? I hope to hear an answer from you before the night ends. Don’t keep a boy waiting.

Silence strikes the arena until… “Brand New Number” by Motionless in White blasts through the speakers. Every fan in attendance rises to their feet as the Grand Champion, Dickie Watson, walks out onto the stage with the Title propped on his shoulders. Both MYOJIN and Dickie lock eyes while he stands still on the stage. Dickie nods in acceptance to MYOJIN and raises the Title in the air. He then lowers the Title and heads back stage. MYOJIN stands still in the ring, now with a smile on his face as he’s getting the Grand Championship shot he’s been so longing for.

PROVING GROUND #6 10/9/20 90hhG0W

The camera cuts to the ring where Holly Perez is standing by with a mic in hand.

DING! DING! DING!

HOLLY PEREZ: This match is scheduled for ONE FALL and is the MAIN EVENT of the evening! Introducing first…

“Our Destiny” by Black Veil Brides starts playing through the speakers…

♫Have we begun to drift away?
Have we learned from our mistakes?
Who will be the one to save our destiny?♫

The guitar and drums start playing…

♫All the lights tell me no lies
Have we said our last goodbyes?
Who will be the one to save our destiny?♫

Right after the word ‘destiny’, Jacob Steele runs out onto the stage. Blue pyro starts going off to the beat of the ‘oh’s’ in the song. Jacob walks back and forth, looking out at the fans. Once the verse hits, Jacob begins his walk to the ring, interacting with the fans along the way.

♫The king is dead
In a town of broken dreams
The river's red
Are we breaking at the seams?♫

When Jacob reaches ringside, he runs and slides into the ring.

♫Bleeding out
The fire spreads like kerosene
We're going down
We're going down in tragedy (singing)♫

After walking around the ring, Jacob climbs onto the middle turnbuckle and raises his arms up, holding his fingers in a rock on position. While doing this, blue pyro goes off behind on from the other turnbuckles, once again to the beat of the ‘oh’s’ in the song.

HOLLY PEREZ: Weighing in at two hundred and forty pounds… From Charlotte, North Carolina… JACCOOBBB STEEELEEE!!!

Jacobs hops down from the turnbuckle and waits on his side of the ring for his opponent.

TREY BOOKER: Jacob has been making his presence known since accepting Dickie’s challenge. Even though he was unsuccessful in attaining the Grand Championship, he’s definitely proved himself to be one of the top people here.

J.T. PRICE: Don’t you think it’s a little sus that one second he was hellbent on destroying everything, then the next he’s this saint that’s just complimenting everyone?

The lights go for a light shade of pink as "Save That Shit" by Lil Peep begins to play for everyone to hear.

Fuck my life, can't say that girl
Don't tell me you can save that shit
All she want is payback for the way I always play that shit
You ain't getting nothing, now I'm saying
Don't tell me you is
Nothin' like them other motherfuckers

Ryan Young steps out from behind the curtain to a loud amount of cheers, he gives off a smirk as he crouches down and scans through the many fans in attendance. He slowly gets back to a vertical position, adjusting his kneepads before making his slow walk down to ringside. Soaking in the crowd's loud reaction.

I can make you rich (I can make you rich)
I can make you this, baby, I can make you that
I can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
Growing sick of this and I don't wanna make you sad
Do I make you scared? Baby, won't you take me back?

Young makes his way down the ramp and to ringside where he runs at the ring apron and slides along it on one knee, entering the ring and climbing up to the second rope where beats his chest with his hands before stretching his arms out and giving a smirk to the crowd who continue to rain the cheers down for him.

HOLLY PEREZ: And his opponent… Weighing in at two hundred and twenty-seven pounds… From Bakersfield, California… “The Messiah of the Knee Strike”... RYAAANNNN YOUNNNGGG!!

TREY BOOKER: Ryan made a massive statement in his last match where he practically buried Alejandro. We haven’t seen too many of those quick matches since our start up, but he’s one of the few to make it happen.

J.T. PRICE: He’s a cocky little shit, but the fans seem to sorta like him. After seeing what he did to Alejandro, I’m sure we’ll have a great match between these two.

Ryan Young and Jacob Steele stand across from one another as the ref signals for the start of the match.

DING! DING! DING!

TREY BOOKER: Wait… how are you even here right now J.T? Predator just did a number on you and you look just fine.

J.T. PRICE: We have a good medical staff in the back and luckily I got back there before it was too late. I couldn’t let you commentate the Main Event alone. I’m sure I’ll feel it tomorrow, though. BUT LET'S GO! MAIN EVENT TIME!

Ryan hasn’t looked away from Jacob and he’s just smirking and pacing back and forth. Jacob makes the first motion as he thrusts himself at Ryan and they both lock up! Ryan gets Jacob in a headlock, but Jacob lifts Ryan up for a back suplex! It connects! He immediately rises to his feet, but is met with a forearm smash from Jacob! Getting back to his feet again, Jacob grabs a hold of him by the hair and pushes him into ropes, then whips him to the opposite side. Ryan rebounds off the ropes and Jacob is charging right to him! HE GRABS A HOLD OF HIM FOR A BELLY-TO-BELLY SUPLEX! RYAN GRABS A HOLD OF HIM AND CONNECTS THE SUPLEX INSTEAD!

J.T. PRICE: Great way to get in this! STANDING MOONSAULT FROM RYAN! Great combo and now the cover!

ONEE!!

TREY BOOKER: Ryan is trying to get this one over early and I don’t blame him!

Ryan mounts on top of Jacob and starts throwing punches down on Jacob’s face! He’s doing everything he can to block, but Ryan connects to the jaw on a few of them! As he rises to his feet, he pulls Jacob up with him and then sends him into the corner turnbuckle. Ryan follows behind and as Jacob collides back first with the turnbuckle, Ryan connects a clothesline! He holds onto his head and then pulls him back out of the corner with a one-handed bulldog, driving his face right into the mat! Not stopping for anything, he runs for the ropes and charges at Jacob who’s on his knees getting back to his feet! RUNNING HEADBUTT TO JACOB’S HEAD! NO, HE DODGES AND GRABS A HOLD OF RYAN FOR A ROLL UP!

ONEE!!!

J.T. PRICE: Both men immediately get back to their feet and the crowd starts to cheer.

Ryan charges at Jacob! Jacob sends him into the ropes and as he’s coming back he bends down! Atomic drop from Ryan! Jacob has his back towards Ryan and he gets him in a saito suplex position… IT CONNECTS! RYAN IS GOING FOR THE TOP ROPE! He flips his hair back then looks directly down at Jacob Steele! HE JUMPS OFF AND IS COMING DOWN WITH A FOREARM SMASH! JACOB ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY! Ryan lands face-first onto the mat! He rolls over, clenching his stomach in pain! Jacob is still feeling the effects of the saito suplex and he’s slowly getting back up. Ryan is still clenching his stomach after diving right onto Jacob’s knees. Both men are starting to slow down! Jacob is back to his feet and he lifts Ryan’s body to a sitting position. He then runs to the ropes and charges back at Ryan… RUNNING SOCCER KICK RIGHT TO THE FACE! NO RYAN HOLDS ONTO FOOT AND PULLS HIM DOWN FACE-FIRST INTO THE MAT! HE GRABS HIS ARM AND LOCKS IN THE CROSS ARMBREAKER!

TREY BOOKER: What a great counter by Ryan and this could be it for Jacob!

J.T. PRICE: HE’S GOT JACOB RIGHT WHERE HE WANTS HIM!

Jacob is squirming and is inching his way to the ropes! Ryan jerks him back and Jacob is able to release himself from the hold. Jacob crawls to the corner, holding the arm that was just in that armbreaker. You can tell he’s in a lot of pain and I’m sure there’s going to be more coming soon! He starts to pull himself up and Ryan walks right up to him with a fury of punches. Left, right, left, right, left, right and then an elbow smash! Jacob can barely hold himself up right now! Snap suplex from Ryan sends Jacob down onto the mat and he climbs to the top turnbuckle yet again! He’s getting himself ready for what could be his trademark Frog Splash! WAIT! JACOB RAPIDLY RISES TO HIS FEET AND RUNS AT RYAN! HE PUSHES HIM OFF THE TURNBUCKLE TO THE OUTSIDE AND RYAN GOES FLYING! HIS FACE SLAMS RIGHT ONTO OUR TABLE AND HE COLLAPSES ONTO THE FLOOR!

TREY BOOKER: JACOB USED BRUTE FORCE TO SEND RYAN THAT FAR AND JACOB LEANS INTO THE ROPES GAINING STAMINA BACK!

ONEE!!

J.T. PRICE: Jacob could easily win this with the count-out. He’s just gotta hope Ryan’s off his game tonight and doesn’t get back into the ring.

TWOOO!!

TREY BOOKER: He just broke free from Ryan’s submission, took a beating, and had to bolt to him to save himself from a possible Frog Splash. Cut the dude some slack!

THREEE!!

J.T. PRICE: Okay… he’s finally standing straight up but he seems to be limping a little bit!

Jacob drops down and rolls out of the ring to the outside! Jacob grabs a hold of Ryan and bends him back over our table! He puts his finger over his mouth and shushes the crowd! The arena goes completely quiet… HE STEPS BACK AND DELIVERS A HARD SIDE KICK RIGHT TO RYAN’S RIBS! THE SMACK ECHOES THROUGH THE CROWD!

CROWD: OOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ONEEEE!!!!

TREY BOOKER: HE DELIVERS ANOTHER ONE! AND ANOTHER! AND ANOTHER!

TWOOO!!!

JACOB HAS RYAN IN A SUPLEX POSITION… LOST IN THE ECHO! THE VERTICAL SUPLEX LIFTED AND DROPPED INTO A DOUBLE KNEE BACKBREAKER! HOLY HELL RYAN COUNTERED WITH A FALLING NECKBREAKER RIGHT ONTO THE EDGE OF THE TABLE!

J.T. PRICE: RYAN GOES THROUGH THE TABLE AND JACOB IS RIGHT ON THE EDGE OF IT! BOTH MEN ARE OUT!

THREE!!!
FOURR!!!

TREY BOOKER: This is absolute mayhem! These guys haven’t been at it too long and you’d think they were long-term rivals!

FIVEE!!
SIXX!!

J.T. PRICE: Ryan is starting to show some motion! Jacob seems to still be out!

SEVENNN!!!

Ryan grabs a hold of Jacob and sends him back into the ring! He’s going for the top rope again! Ryan is slowly getting up there and he’s looking to end this soon! JACOB NOTICES AND GETS BACK TO HIS FEET… ROUNDHOUSE KICK OFF THE TOP ROPE FROM RYAN! JACOB SLIDES AWAY! RYAN LANDS ON HIS FEET AND TURNS AROUND… THE END! SPEAR! HOLY SHIT! NO, RYAN DODGES RIGHT BEFORE CONTACT! JACOB TURNS AROUND NOW! HAMMERLOCK TWISTED LARIAT! IT CONNECTS! RYAN JUST CONNECTED THE TRANSCEND REALITY AND FALLS RIGHT ON TOP OF HIM RIGHT FOR THE COVER!

ONEEE!!!
TWOOOO!!!!
THR---

TREY BOOKER: JACOB KICKED OUT! THIS ISN’T OVER YET! Ryan is looking pretty irritated as he should be! This is taking everything out of both of these men.

Ryan takes a second while keeping a close eye on Jacob. He steps back and Jacob gets up to a knee… Ryan runs directly to him… DISCUS ELBOW STRIKE! IT CONNECTS! JACOB IS BACK DOWN ON THE MAT AGAIN! Ryan is going for the top rope for like the tenth time this match! RAIN OVER ANAHEIM!! THE FROG SPLASH! IT FINALLY CONNECTS!

J.T. PRICE: They usually say that the third time's the charm, but in this instance, it was the second time!

TREY BOOKER: HE SEES AN OPPORTUNITY!

Jacob is laid out flat on his stomach right now! Ryan is stalking Jacob, waiting for him to get back to his feet. It takes him a few seconds, but Jacob groggily makes his way to a vertical base. As he’s turning around, RYAN CHARGES AT HIM WITH THE CALIFORNIA DREAM! THE BICYCLE KNEE STRIKE! WAIT, NO! JACOB DODGES AND QUICKLY TURNS AROUND! HE STARTS CHARGING AT RYAN WHO ALSO TURNS AROUND! THE END! SPEAR! SPEAR! WAIT AGAIN! RYAN DODGES THIS TIME AND SENDS JACOB RIGHT INTO THE STEEL POST! HE RUNS UP BEHIND HIM AND PULLS HIM BACK INTO A ROLL UP PIN!

ONEE!!!
TWOOO!!!
THR----

J.T. PRICE: HE KICKS OUT AT THE LAST SECOND AGAIN! Jacob Steele will not give up and Ryan Young is giving everything he can right now! Jacob is a fighter, that’s for sure!

Ryan rises to his feet and looks down at Jacob. HE’S STOMPING A MUDHOLE INTO HIS LEGS RIGHT NOW! RYAN ROLLS JACOB OVER TO HIS BACK AND GRABS HIS ANKLE! HE’S LOOKING FOR THE ANKLE LOCK! JACOB IS FIGHTING BUT RYAN ISN’T GIVING UP! HE’S STILL TRYING… AND JACOB IS ABLE TO KICK HIM OFF! Ryan comes back for him! He bends down to get a hold of Jacob… JACOB KICKS HIM IN THE GUT! RYAN DOESN’T QUIT AND GRABS A HOLD OF JACOB AND PULLS HIM UP!

HE SENDS HIM INTO THE CORNER TURNBUCKLE! JACOB JUMPS UP TO THE TOP ROPE AND RYAN IS RIGHT BEHIND! HE GOES TO SWEEP HIS LEGS BUT JACOB JUMPS OFF BEHIND HIM! JACOB GRABS A HOLD OF RYAN WITH A BELLY-TO-BELLY SUPLEX INCOMING… HE SENDS RYAN RIGHT INTO THE CORNER WITH THAT SUPLEX! RYAN LANDS WRONG AND JACOB CLIMBS TO THE SECOND TURNBUCKLE! He’s looking down at Ryan right now who’s got his body lifted up slighting while on all fours, trying to recover after that vicious suplex! SHIT! SHIT! JACOB JUMPS FROM THE SECOND TURNBUCKLE AND CONNECTS A LEG DROP RIGHT ONTO THE BACK OF RYAN’S NECK! Jacob pulls Ryan to his feet and puts him into a pump handle position. He lifts him up AND CONNECTS THE END OF HEARTACHE! THE PUMPHANDLE LIFT INTO A REVERSE STO! RYAN IS LAID OUT AND JACOB GOES FOR THE COVER!

ONEEE!!!
TWOOO!!!!
THREEEEE!!!!!

DING! DING! DING!

“Our Destiny” by Black Veil Brides blasts through the speakers. Jacob gets to his feet as an official holds his hand up in victory.

HOLLY PEREZ: Here is your winner… JACOBBB STEEELLEE!!

TREY BOOKER: Not gonna lie, I really thought Ryan was gonna pull this one out of the bag. Jacob was just able to capitalize in the last moments.

J.T. PRICE: I have a feeling that this isn’t the last we’re going to see of these two, especially after this match. It was a clinic, for sure.

The scene opens to the familiar face of the Project Honor chairman, Rock Johnson, facing the camera’s view with his hands resting on his legs as he’s seated.

ROCK JOHNSON: How far do you think you’d go to live your dreams?

That’s the question I asked myself when I looked at an empty, run down arena in island California months ago, toying around with an idea that sat in the back of my mind for years of managing wrestling’s crown jewels. See, there are plenty that treat this business as they treat the stock market. All they want is a return on their investment that’s faster than inflation - so they manage risk, they play it conservatively, they diversify, whatever. Truth is, it’s the best approach for a guy who wears a suit more than they were wrestling trunks, but that didn’t sit well with me.

His eyes turn away from the camera as his mind scrolls through memories like reels of film, and he lays his right hand across his heart.

ROCK JOHNSON: I can’t begin to tell you how many times the same face you’re seeing tonight wore a much more somber expression because after a bad fall or a bad landing, I had to be the one telling a fighter the match he just left would be his last. I’ve seen fighters skip family reunions, ignore personal milestones to throw everything they’ve got, hell - I’ve seen weddings get rescheduled once pay-per-view calendars got posted.

Rock squirms, uncomfortably perched across his steel seat, but after looking down his gaze returns to the camera ahead of him.

ROCK JOHNSON: I decided to put everything I had on the line - just like the heaps of talent I’ve seen blossom across my career. Screw conservative, screw investments, the suit and tie doesn’t make me immune to how amazing it feels to join my talent when I openly say balls to the wall. So when I asked myself how far I’m willing to go to live my dreams, I decided to put everything on the line. At Bloodbath, when I ask how far you’re willing to go to live your dreams, let there be one answer: forty feet in the air, where the Grand Championship will be dangling in the air. At Bloodbath, the Red and Gold will be fought for in a Hell from Above Championship, where our reigning, defending champion will compete against any fighter brave enough to scale the metal walls of a cell similar to the one I’m atop today, then set up a ladder to ascend to the heavens with certain destruction waiting on all sides.

The camera pans out, bringing a spotlight to Johnson’s predicament, as he sits at the top of a ladder at the center of the ceiling of a hell in a cell. The ring twenty feet below almost feels like an afterthought - instead, the hook where the Grand Championship will be free for any takers above his head is the most important detail in the camera’s frame.

ROCK JOHNSON: The shining star, MYOJIN, the Molotov, Dickie Watson, join me. Throw safety out of the window at a chance of living out those dreams? Dickie’s proven himself as standing above the rest - MYOJIN, are you willing to join him atop the locker room, both literally and figuratively?

Two crazy sonova bitches are walking into Bloodbath, but only ones gonna walk out. Let’s see which one, yes?

The scene comes to a close.

Project: Honor Logo flashes.

Christian DeMarco likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum